Rate My Avatar! 42 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I got tired of rendering clouds on top of a gradient rainbow. So instead, translucent streamers happened! :pinkiehappy:

Thicc Scrafty
Group Admin

5729736 Very nice! I love the way you designed the text, it feels very natural and it's very well positioned just above the center!

I'm a little confused about that ring that's around the streamers near the center, it feels a little off somehow, but I can't quite put my finger on why to be honest.

Overall though I really love the colors, shapes, and how it all sticks out in the background. Great job!

5730242 Yeah. The "ring" is actually the background of one of my oldest profile pics. It's just sort of a callback to when I first joined. It also happened to be the first "amazing" thing I ever made back in my digital art class in middle school, so there's that.

But overall, yeah, I decided that a clean-slate refresh would bring some nice change from the complexity of oversaturated gradients and clouds.

5730242 Actually, I forgot that before I even joined FIMFiction I already had this.

And before that, I had a similar image that I made using pixel art, but that's lost to time.

Thicc Scrafty
Group Admin

5730250 Although not as good as your current avatar, it's still pretty good!

Looks like you've come a long way! ^_^

5730255 Yup. I drew that one in Paint.

Not to be confused with PaintDotNet, which I currently use for making profile pics and badly drawn horses.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6