Flashimmer (Flash SentryXSunset Shimmer) 140 members · 230 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Hello one and all. Scholarly-Cimmerian here, with a story idea I've been chewing over off and on for a while now. It'd be an Equestria Girls AU, drawing heavily from DC Comics' very own Scarlet Speedster, The Flash himself...

With Flash Sentry himself, being the one struck by that fateful bolt of lightning and gaining superpowers.

Essentially, I am going for a mix of a bunch of elements: several Flash comics, bits and pieces of the TV show, and also of course Equestria Girls itself.

The basic idea I have for this story's beginning, is that it initially begin prior to the first Equestria Girls movie. Flash and Sunset are still dating, and although there are clearly cracks in the relationship, Flash is tentatively hopeful that they can work out. That is, until one fateful day where a WEIRD storm (possibly caused by Sunset meddling with the portal to Equestria - I did kick around that as an idea for how the Speed Force ends up being accessed in this story as a way of bringing everything together) hits Canterlot City... and Flash himself is struck by lightning. When he wakes up in the hospital, he is completely healthy... and even more weirdly, seems to have gained some new abilities too?

But unfortunately for him, other folks have also begun popping up with incredible new abilities too. And several of them aren't that inclined to use their powers for good or noble ends...

Where does the Flashshimmer come into this, you might ask? Well, I had big plans for that. I planned to still tackle Sunset's fall from grace, and her subsequent redemption, by having her look to gain speed powers herself... and ultimately, in the depths of her anger and pride, tap into the Negative Speed Force... perhaps even becoming the first Reverse-Flash (or alternately inspiring an Eobard Thawne equivalent) and after she is purified of her use of the Negative powers (on the Fall Formal, perhaps? XD) she is overcome with guilt, and desperate to make amends for her crimes... a path that ultimately puts her and her one-time boyfriend on a very long and winding road, ultimately back to a newfound, happier and more loving relationship.

...What can I say, I'm a bit of a romantic at heart. :twilightsheepish:

What do you all say? Think it has potential? Want to offer any suggestions, comments, critiques? I've begun doing casting for a number of Flash/The Flash's allies and enemies. But I'd love to hear any thoughts! :pinkiesmile:

Or maybe it was Mopee !

How about not?
Wow. Just wow... I can't believe that that issue got past editors at DC. That was just kind of embarrassing to learn. And I say that as someone who likes some of the goofier shit out there in the DCU.

Would you have liked it we find out that it was Mopee that give Twilight her wings ?

p.s. would Sentry call himself the Flash or the Dash or.. what name could he use that isn't a pony name ?

Nope.

The idea I had in mind was that Flash is called "The Flash"... because of a gaffe when a reporter asks what he calls himself. Flash starts to answer with his real name, "Flash," catches himself before he can say it all, and says he is "The Flash". And thus the superhero has his name. XD

and you have Orange skin like his that guy that also called the Flash, and has the same eye color as you.

I think they could tell that Flash is Sentry

if his isn't covering his face

He'd be in costume at that point. And if I wanted to, I could draw from the TV show's one explanation and have him alter the pitch of his voice, or vibrate at a frequency so his features are hard to figure out.

Point is, I'm not planning on outing Flash's identity just yet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9