ScifiPony's Writer's Training Ground 50 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
scifipony
Group Admin

In Parental Glideance, Scootaloo encounters Rainbow Dash's mysteriously missing parents and finds out that they are more of a fan of their daughter than she is. When she naively attempts to fix the oversight of Rainbow's parents not knowing their daughter has achieved her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt, Scootaloo learns that Rainbow purposely kept her parents at wing's length for a reason that sets a new MLP-friendly bar for a disfuctional family. With volumes not being said, Scootaloo teaches Rainbow Dash the true value of having loving parents.

Prompts:

When Applejack overhears Scootaloo describing her parental adventure with Apple Bloom, the two fillies get AJ to admit something about her missing parents.

Scootaloo relates her experiences with Rainbow Dash's parents with her own parents without asking why they're never around to cheer her on. Scootaloo learns something about her family that changes her perspective on her lack of flight.

Having mastered "The Launch(tm)", Scootaloo must now attend school in Cloudsdale. New friends and new bullies combine to teach her to fly even if it might kill her in the process.

Rainbow Dash decides to find AJ's parents despite AJ's adamant request that she "don't". Rainbow discovers the reason for their absence is far more profound than her own reasons to keep her parents at wing's length causing Rainbow learns the true meaning of the word family.

Extra credit (optional): Everypony has an agenda that they act upon unbeknownst to everypony else. When writing your story, instead of formulating a plot formulate an agenda for your, at least, two main characters. Set their goals and write the story from their agendas to see if and how they can achieve their goals and still remain or become friends.

Deadline: May 25, 2017

Place your entries in the folder marked “Parental of Glideance”. Please, only one entry.

Stories must be appropriately tagged Everyone, Teen, or Mature. Remember, stories tagged Mature are not visible to all readers and will not participate in any contests or after-the-fact lists. Please also select one or more story categories (like Adventure, Slice of Life, etc.). Because I understand preserving the mystique of a story, you are welcome not to provide tags for the main characters.

Please post comments only here. Follow all FicFiction site rules of conduct, and be nice. Read the stories and vote on which you like best (other than your own). If voting becomes a thing, the top five vote-getters will be be appended to the post. Feel free to discuss the episode, too.

Start writing!

This episode touched me deeply and shattered me. :applecry: I might write something for one of these prompts, if an own idea doesn't get ahead of it.

Also, you should go and advertise this group in the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau. And you definitely should offer some incentive for authors who participate in here.
Currently, there is nothing here that would compel authors to write a fic for this group other than delivering them with a basic idea. There needs to be some difference here, otherwise, authors could just write a fic and simply publish it on the site and this would basically amount to the same.
I think some change with how you approach the prompts could be helpful, too, but let's talk about that once you've taken care of the other things.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2