Pinkie Pie 491 members · 1,023 stories
Comments ( 204 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 204

Time to get this party started, then. Although, have you not posted the rules on how we're going to post the actual chapters yet? Or does that belong in another thread entirely?

First of all, I'm quite happy with the minotaur placement, as I had imagined it as roughly equivalent to our real-world Mediterranean islands or the ancient classical civilizations, so it would by analogy be quite close to the Saddle Arabian settlement. I can't really comment on the perytons, in that respect, though I suppose if they're European, the analogy could work.

Also, the minotaurs aren't going to pose many problems for Pinkie beyond some comedic and good-natured misunderstandings, and there aren't going to be any antagonists. No problems putting them near the start, so they're fine where they are.

On the other hand, I think the phoenixes would be better placed right next to the dragons, not just because of the phoenix-dragon rivalry (which may or may not play a role in my story for them; haven't decided yet), but because I imagined the geographical location as being very similar to the dragon badlands as depicted in Dragon Quest (and, to an extent, The Gauntlet of Fire), with an emphasis on volcanism, a nearby forest, and rocky wasteland.

Since the phoenixes are also intended to be a jump in hostility and difficulty, their placement in the middle of the list feels about right. Depends on how intense I want things to get in the phoenix lands (see below for details).

OK, now onto the main bullet points:

• Chapter length might be tricky, and given the ideas I'm toying with, it might be wise to add an advisory (rather than absolute) upper limit. A general idea of what's overreaching would help.
  • The minotaur chapter is supposed to be entirely self-contained. The phoenix chapter might benefit from flowing into one involving the dragons, given the latter's possible part in the conflict. Depends what dooby22 thinks.
  • No Pinkie romance at all in either, though the minotaur chapter might involve a relationship between two OC's, which is only part of the main story. The phoenix chapter will have no romance whatsoever.
  • For the minotaurs, I don't have any current plans to bring back an established character. Maybe Iron Will, but he seems too obvious a choice, so some other travelling character like Trixie or Cheese or the Flim Flam Brothers may be involved. Yet I'm certain Philomena will intervene for the phoenixes, as both the terrain and the natives are going to be hostile to Pinkie (at least at first). In my current plan, Philomena has some history with them and with Celestia, which makes her well-suited to acting as a temporary guide and bodyguard for Pinkie. Indeed, an intermediary will be necessary to get Pinkie through this location, as none of the phoenixes can communicate in Equestrian language (the only speaking role will be Pinkie's). Due to her experience with ponies, Philomena can understand but not speak Equestrian.
  • I'll be putting up chapters on an unsubmitted FIMFiction story, as I don't have a GoogleDoc account. To that end, I'll include a password entry requirement and give the password here.
  • Seasons are my main concern for the passage of time, but really the minotaurs will be in a Mediterranean climate with maybe its own local weather guardians (maybe griffons or pegasi), and the phoenixes live in the kind of badlands not subject to seasons anyway, so that's my get-out clause. It's best the minotaurs come before the phoenixes, as they won't provide much of a challenge to Pinkie compared with the more hostile fire birds. There's not likely to be much actual baggage added to Pinkie's lot in either, as the problems are mainly psychological (i.e. how best to please each creature via behaviour and understanding rather than by using trinkets or tools).
  • The cart's fine in the minotaur locale, but will have to be temporarily abandoned in the phoenix lands while the phoenixes are in their hostile frame of mind. If I can push my luck a bit, I wonder if it could even be destroyed there, as a way of signalling that the phoenixes mean business, with a replacement available later? As a compromise, she could be forced to resort to saddlebags until then.
  • (For the remaining bullet points) The minotaurs will be totally aware of the conference, having been members before it fell into disuse, and in fact a large chunk of their chapter will involve them running trials and hosting a festive event to determine who will act as representative at Parhelion Peak. By contrast, and while Philomena will also be aware, the phoenixes will be a mixture of those unaware of it, those uninterested by it, and those actively hostile towards it and by extension hostile towards Pinkie and Philomena. Phoenixes have no prior history of attending the conference, largely being wild anarchic animals with no respect for convention.

Can't think of anything else right now, but will let you know if I do.

6257598 This looks like it will be quite the story! Guess i've got some research to do. Couple things:

-my chapter will be E, but If some chapters require the T rating, will that be mentioned in the description/chapter name?
-Do we have a name for the story yet?
-i haven't seen the movie, so nothing in my chapter would reflect that; is that ok?

A couple things for the timberwolf and kirin chapters:

-Applejack will be involved (not in any romance) in the timberwolf chapter because in Spike at Your Service, she and Spike sort of killed the alpha and that’s probably pretty important.
-The timberwolves will have a deathly fear of fire, so for anyone with fire-related creatures (dragons and phoenixes) that’s a possible object of conflict.
-The main timberwolf pack will be located in the Timberwolf Den in the Everfree Forest, so that’s where Pinkie’s going.
-The kirins’ history will be intertwined with what I’m referring to as the Japonies (the unicorns with curved horns in Mistmane’s legend from Campfire Tales). Please correct me if those have an actual name.
-Both of my chapters will be fairly self-contained.

Almost five months in. That'll work perfectly for the idea I have with the cyclops.

This is what I have planned...

• Pinkie's cart will bust a wheel while she travels through the mountains (snowy conditions might help.)
  • Pinkie searches cart for something to fix the wheel, and stumbles across a toy she brought with her (I'm thinking of a beanbag penguin named Emperor Chilly Changa.)
  • She can't find anything to fix it, but the cyclops, Arges, finds her and he's wearing a helmet or straight out visor with a horizontal slit sort of like the one Scott Summers uses....... are you catching the references here?:derpytongue2:
  • Takes wheel, she follows, reach his cave, find it scattered with trinkets and we find out that he's a blacksmith.
  • I'm thinking (because of the lack of interaction with other for over hundreds or thousands of years) he talks in somewhere between Hulk and a foreigner. (exp. "Its been.... huh... eons since talk with,,,, um.... they.")
  • Stuff happens, he doesn't want to go, Pinkie tries to warm up to him and give him the stuff penguin saying that Chilly has always protected her from during difficult times.
  • She says that she wants her (the penguin) back at the conference to which Argos agrees.

I'll write the story on this site, so ask for a password to get access to it on a later date.

You said you were writing the cyclops from the first Griffonstone episode, right? He's got a special species name: Arimaspi, a tribe from Greek lore who lived in the mountains and was constantly at odds with the griffons over their gold.

Just a little fun fact, which Pinkie says is the best kind.:pinkiesmile:

Second episode? I can work with that. It would even be a good idea, I suppose, as I intend to leave Pinkie with a job to do during the rest of her travels, accomplished through letters sent back and forth with her new friend among the Diamond Dogs.

While I don't have an official name of the species since because they never really wanted to name it themselves. I think Pinkie will unofficially call them the Credians. Because of the word 'Credo'. The Latin word meaning of trust and beliefs. It might be officially name that when the species get developed and understand more over the course of the chapter.

My chapter will be T, just because of mild violence that the creatures might start fights with each other. Though it won't be too much since I might need to add more tension on the conflict.

Could Pinkie be subtlety riding with a cart holder or I have the freewill to gave her it? Since I would like to think her cart might be the reason to trigger the snow trap because of it's density.

The diamond dog letter should be easy enough for the minotaur chapter, though not for the phoenix chapter. In the latter chapter, she'll spend the majority of her time separated from her cart and main supplies (either due to being forced to abandon the cart or due to it being destroyed).

Might be able to make a reference to the timberwolves, or even a minor cameo, in the phoenix chapter, but given the focus on dragons as the main rivals, I doubt it'll be much more than that. I was wondering what timberwolves eat, though. I did consider they normally ate wood and leaf litter to supplement their magical bodies, which would put them in conflict with phoenixes who eat the same stuff to fuel their flames. (Obviously, both species can eat other things too, like meat or fruit).

Regarding the seasons, would it be somewhat cheeky of me to make a reference to the Summer Sun Celebration in the phoenix chapter (or to defer it to one of my neighbours, if they'd prefer to feature it)? Only my chapter seems ideally placed in the middle of summer, especially since I'll need in any case one scene in Canterlot to show how Philomena knows when to leave for the phoenix lands (and why she alone feels the need). Given Celestia's role in the celebration, it could also be an excuse to give her a cameo, though that's not definite.

Also, the suggested word count range sounds about right.

The idea for the letter is that, at the end of the Diamond Dog chapter, she says she will write them, she will write one, and then it should be something that can be used or not, depending on what the author of each chapter wants to do.

Considering Pinkie being Pinkie, I think she'll start a lot of epistolary exchanges with new friends before the end of her travels.

You mentioned there was a job involved. Is the job simply to maintain contact and write about her travels (for the diamond dogs' benefit), or was there another major task we need to keep track of?

My idea is that the Diamond Dogs have a well-developed sense of humor, but heavily cultural dependent. Basically, they only have inside jokes and comedy based on masks similar to what you find in Commedia dell'Arte. The job for Pinkie, which she decides to pick upon herself after her adventure with the Diamond Dogs, is to write about experiences and about ideas she had to find some common ground shared among Diamond Dogs and all the other races.

Or at least that's the idea I'm toying with. I should probably post the note document I'm using (after cleaning it up a bit).

Here's the idea document. WiP, but I'm always open to having others poke and dissect my ideas.
Document

With the Parrots, I always figured that their entire species are pirate like and are split between roaming the oceans and roaming the skies. It gives them more mobility and lets them spread out even further than most other cultures. Other than the sea/air-based one’s of course. Because of this, they have developed their own sets of rules and ways of going between air and sea so both halves can communicate effectively.

As for Sirens, they were always around the Mareditereignian and are able to shrink and grow in size. I’ve actually explored the Sirens culture with a friend, I just need to find the notes and get them into a feasible chapter.

I need to think on these two more and what Pinkie will do with them.

We haven't got a name yet, no. I'm inclined to leave it with its 'Pinkie Pie World-Building Collab' working title until the chapters are all underway, and then we can all start discussing whether what kind of title feels right from there.

“Around the World in 180 Days” as a sort of reference to the Jules Verne novel Around the World in 80 Days?

I was wondering what timberwolves eat, though. I did consider they normally ate wood and leaf litter to supplement their magical bodies, which would put them in conflict with phoenixes who eat the same stuff to fuel their flames. (Obviously, both species can eat other things too, like meat or fruit).

That’s a cool theory and I’ll most likely use that along with the idea that timberwolves swallow rocks to help them chew said wood and leaves. Since their teeth are more ideal for cutting, stabbing, or impaling members of rival packs or species, it would make sense that timberwolves have to swallow rocks so they can grind up their food, similar to actual birds. This would also add insult to injury that their mighty leader died from what could be compared to having laxatives tossed into your mouth by a little kid. Pinkie Pie will have a bit of trouble convincing the timberwolves to come to a summit where they will have to meet with the Equestrians, especially since Applejack, one of the main reasons their alpha was subject to death by laxatives, insisted on coming with her.

Here is what I was thinking.

I had the Idea that because of the zebra home land of Unyasi being largely unsettled and untamed thanks to the zebra cultural theme of letting nature run its course I would start with pinkie lost in the jungle. After a bit she is found by a zebra lookout. At this point I need to know if Chrysalis’ hive was the only one or if there could be more? As just like that part in the cutie remark the lookout smears some of the green paste on pinkie to make sure she isn't a shapeshifter. Thinking the zebras have a bad history with changelings making untrusting of them.

Well after she gets led to the village she is surprised to find that they live in houses built on the trees. It is here that it is explained that nature is left to its natural course.

She stays long enough to watch a traditional Zebra marriage. Which is a village wide celebration with music and songs. That's all I have so far.

While I'm aware that we are still pretty much in the planing stage, I started to outline my chapter a bit more in detail. WHich brought me to notice an omission that is, in my quite humble opinion, pretty fundamental:

What PoV are we using?

I think it would be necessary to keep it consistent across the chapters, and it will influence the way we write things, so deciding it early is, I presume, a priority.

The options are:

First Person (Pinkie):
+ We see her inner world (always a plus):pinkiehappy:
+ We get direct experience how the adventure changes her
- Difficult to keep it consistent across different writing styles

Third Person Limited (Pinkie):
+ Makes some gags easier
+ We still connect pretty directly with her
- Fewer ways to creatively play with it

Third Person Limited (Various characters):
+ Multiple PoV can give us insight into the cultures
+ We can play with the contrasting perception of the same events
- Head-hopping can disrupt the flow

First Person (One of the locals during each chapter):
+ We get to see the inner worlds of various characters turned on their head by Pinkie
+ We can play with perceptions
+ Different styles can easily be explained by different narrators
- May make it difficult to show how Pinkie changes
- Could not be what some of the authors want for their stories

I'm going to presume that, while quaint and with some charm, we are not going for a third person omniscient.

My personal preference would be First person with one of the locals in each chapter.

I managed to make a document about the cultures for the Sirens and the Parrots. Let me know if anything can be changed.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/190S-D5gmEzPDoTfjxWCoVt5XDji-55wz7hLDxr4zQq8
I’m most experienced in first person but I do have some experience in third person limited so I’m fine with either one we choose.

Well, I think first person would personally help make this story feel more Pinkie Pie. Besides that, we can see how she is taking in all the events around her. We'd be able to see how she's feeling about all these trials and triumphs she has to experience.

Onto the species I'll be writing, umbras are a much more manipulative and introverted kind of pony than many others on the list, and they contrast with Pinkie's character greatly. I had been thinking of having this chapter be a little darker for Pinkie, serving as a sort of wake up call that not all creatures are easy to befriend, but I'll have to thing.

I'd also like to think the umbras are basically resentful of all the other species on the list, except maybe windigos.

and that an army of umbrum is buried below the Crystal Empire city.

Probably aren't big fans of Cadence or the other princesses as well.

My main objection to having Pinkie as the PoV character is, and I freely admit that it may be a pet peeve of mine, that having so many different authors means the specific incarnation of her (mind you, I'm not talking about quality here, but about style) will vary significantly. Having a character be different from one week to the next can give an impression of discontinuity, which could be a bit jarring.

The solution to this could either be a stricter editorial control, which I deem unrealistic as it is a ton of work and not as fun as we all want to have here, or accepting that each chapter will be a different,

It's not an overwhelming problem, but it's something to consider, I think.

I vote against first-person narration and in favour of third-person.

While first-person allows the strong voice and intimacy of perspective more easily than third-person does, I'm not convinced that's what we either want or need for this project. The emphasis should be on flexibility, on allowing each participant to dive in and out of different elements as and when they feel the need to do so. That includes narrative perspective and scene management.

In any case, some degree of familiarity with Pinkie's perspective can be maintained just by keeping things largely limited to her, and even using inner dialogue to capture the salient points. Not to mention Pinkie's charm probably comes just as much from watching her through the eyes of befuddled bystanders as from seeing the world through her own eyes, i.e. from the effect she has on the world around her, best appreciated with the ability to switch perspectives when the time is apt.

My own view is this: Third-person is a choice of wardrobe. First-person is a straightjacket. If lots of people are taking part, third-person's flexibility is essential.

The external PoV was actually more a way to cheat around the problem, as any inconsistencies could be chalked up the partial perceptions of the narrator and to the cultural filters they will apply.

As I said, it is possible that the problem will be minor anyway, but to be sure you need some form of editorial supervision through the whole process.

As for the risk of making the fic unreadable, I don't really see it. You can frame it almost as a collection of memoirs.

The issue I'm seeing (with a little more time to evaluate the situation) is more that First Person Narration may be inadequate for some of the species or some of the stories. If, for example, one of the chapters is structured like a social puzzle Pinkie has to solve, then having a First Person Narration of one of the locals could ruin it. This would be adequately solved by using either a third party (for example, if needed, Applejack in the timberwolf chapter) or by using a Third Person narration which doesn't disclose everything. This last (pretty viable) option brings me to...

The Head-hopping issue I talked about has not necessarily to be a problem. There are many novels which use it to great effect to represent a large variety of PoV looking at a situation. It still requires some kind of limitations and some guidelines, if the resulting story should be something stylistically coherent. Not being careful here risks, I think, to make a less pleasant mess out of it.

Now, here there are too two solutions I can see. The first one is to define a couple of (loose) rules that we all have to follow. The other is to structure this more like an anthology than a single story. I can live with both but, if we decide to use the Third Person option, I would prefer a framework telling us how to use it. I also thrive on limitations, which tend to stimulate my creative juices, hence my preferences.

To summarize the whole thing, if we want to have something resembling a single story written by multiple authors, then I think we need to set some stylistic rules everybody has to follow. I would prefer this situation because I like the challenge. If we decide that this is an Anthology showcasing the various authors, then we can go for almost total freedom, as the format itself makes it pretty clear that everybody will play to their own strenghts and the readers won't expect a fixed style.

But therein, I think, lies the crux of the matter. To make first-person amenable to multiple viewpoints, you have to include all manner of jiggery-pokery to stop people wondering where and why the first-person camera has hopped over there rather than stayed here. They're going to need cues to reveal which "I" is taking centre-stage. Whereas with third-person, not only do people largely expect some hopping anyway, but you get a ready-made, easy default mode to fall back on.

Of your two solutions, I much prefer the first one. If we'd wanted an anthology style, then we'd require a collection of minifics, not one coherent storyline (albeit an episodic one). I advocate flexibility in the matter namely so that we don't feel too constrained while we work, which isn't remotely the same as total freedom.

In any case, given the range of authors contributing, stylistic consistency would have to be a case of "minimal requirements", or else people start dropping out when they can't do what they want to do. And beyond rating (Everyone/Teen) and content warning (no gore/violence/etc.), I don't think we really need much in the way of stylistic restriction.

It's not simply about what you can and can't do with each perspective, as Orbital Kettle points out a way for multiple viewpoints to be managed in first-person and/or a mixture of first- and third-person. But conventionally, if you pick first-person, you stick to one person. Anything else requires unusual methods to prevent reader confusion. I think it'd be simpler just to default to third-person, since third-person conventionally has far more leeway for that kind of perspective-jumping.

Yes, I did give some thought to that. I'm having some thoughts around some minor shifting of chapters to bring these and some potentially similar other cultures together, such as the Sheep (which may be utilising elements of ancient Fleece), but I'm waiting to see what the respective authors share first.

Yeah, i'm planning to use some elements of Greek culture (and maybe mythology) into the chapter. i think it might be a good idea to try and figure out where each culture would be on a map and try to plan a route from there, it'd make more sense if Pinkie did that instead of jumping to different corners of the globe.

Also, personally i'd prefer the Third Person Limited (Pinkie). Third person, to me, is easier to write and is usually how i think out stories in my head. It's hard to say if different Pov's would turn people away. Another thing we should probably discuss: will we be using 'Past tense' or 'Present tense'? i think people might be more sensitive to having that switched around than Pov's, but again it's hard to say.

I was wondering what timberwolves eat

i kinda wondered if maybe (at least part of) their diet included some kind of tree sap that could only be found in Everfree trees, which could maybe explain where they get their magic from. it could also explain their bad breath. Just my thought, though.

While I have expressed my preferences, I have no issue in working with a very loose or nonexistent framework. So, I'm in whatever will be decided.

I too prefer third person for this kind of project. But I guess it would be better if we do present the story as an anthology, this way, every author has the oportunity to work on their best field of expertise and create a better story all together.

I'd prefer third person, past tense, and I'd also prefer the story to be consistent in this regard. I don't personally think first-person adds anything and I also find it a bit off-putting to read and write, but I'll try if majority opinion asks me to.

A route would be pretty useful. Something the readers can refer to as well.

The majority also seem to prefer third person, and I'm definitely fine with doing that. Their reasons are pretty sound.

I can work with first or third person perspective. I would agree that a route map would be a fantastic thing to have.

Whatever's easiest for you and everyone else. I'm flexible.

First of all, I'm quite happy with the placement of the Breezie chapter, and I agree that it is canonically fairly close to Ponyville. It's be a pretty great starting point for leaping into the wider world in future chapters, being that last little bastion of familiarity for her. The breezies are gonna be one of the groups that are not quite convinced that they need to attend, even if Pinkie Pie is 100% sure they should totally go. It'll be a bit of a hump to overcome, a time to prove that she's well and truly willing to go through with the whole endeavor.

Seabreeze is gonna be her guide and translator, since he's the only breezie fluent in Equestrian. Sooo that'll be fun! :pinkiehappy:

As for perspective, I place a gigantic vote towards third person limited (let's call it TPL to save me some keystrokes). Whether it's limited to Pinkie, or if it headhops, I don't have much of a opinion either way. But I do feel like TPL would be the best way to have our differing styles and word choices... be less distracting? We will have differences throughout the story, just on account of us being different people, and I feel like some variation is expected. The point is that the differing portions mesh. Come together to be something special. TPL allows this freedom within structure.

TPL allows each author to use description, dialogue, and narration in the way they feel more comfortable, while also allowing us to look into Pinkie's inner thoughts both with prose and italicized thought balloons, depending on each of our preferences. It'll let us show how Pinkie views the world, how the world reacts to her, portray reactions she doesn't quite catch, filter the world through her thoughts but also show the world unfiltered... all depending on what suits the chapter.

And yes, if this is a Pinkie Pie story, I think it should be from her perspective. As long as we stick to Pinkie, that'll be our connecting point.

I am leaning twards third person limited myself. It seems like the best option with the number of writers we have.

I prefer third person limited. I don’t think the head hopping will be much of a problem as long as the focus is mainly on Pinkie. I don’t really have a preference for tense.

The timberwolf chapter placement is great, I think it’s a good idea to have Pinkie starting off closer to home. If the kirin chapter could be moved to autumn that’d be great because I’m planning on having Pinkie visit the kirins during their Golden Harvest Festival, which is based off the Chinese Autumn Fesival. If this doesn’t work with the geography, it’s fine the way it is.

I also would cast my vote for third person, past tense, though I can't really provide reasons for it beyond what others have already stated better than I could, and the fact that it's what I'm most comfortable with.

Regarding the map, I would also agree that it would be a good idea. Though it'd be important to agree on which map beforehand, whether it be one of the canon maps or a larger encompassing fan-created map (or maybe someone here is also an artist and wants to create something custom for our purposes based on our needs.) In relation to this, I'm also quite content with the placement of the Moose in the chapter order. Location-wise, if we assume that Equestria is roughly analogous to the United States, with Las Pegasus and Manehattan in similar placement to their counterparts, then I had been picturing the Moose to be roughly in North Washington State. Pony-wise, that'd be upwards of Seaddle (is that canon? I can never remember) and getting into not pony-inhabited territory. They can be rearranged somewhat, but there will be redwood trees (well, an Equestrian off-brand version at least) so as long as we stay in the north, all should be well.

Regarding my chapter specifically, the Moose are going to be generally a very chill and sedentary species. They haven't heard about the Conference, but some remember it from old stories. Generally ambivalent about going (rather a "why should we?" attitude), and Pinkie's going to have to motivate the younger generation. If no one else has called using the following idea yet, then I plan on the Moose being where Tree Hugger picked up her particular elocution and vernacular (though toned down, because a chapter filled with Tree Huggers would get tiresome fast). There may also be a few historical comments about territory clashes with the yaks in the old days (at least several generations ago) before moving to their current location (assuming our resident yak expert, fallen starr, is fine with that). After convincing them to go, Pinkie will get to witness them select a leader/representative (a Grand Poobah, for obscure reference points) via a competition halfway between jousting and sumo, and gets a chance to participate with the calves to hilarious results.

Also, group opinion check: Would it be too meme-y to make the plural of moose, moosen? So long as it doesn't reference it beyond that? Cause I've got a fun little scene sketched out for their initial introduction that would work well with it.

Map and chapter order both seem fine to me, at least insofar as they influence my own writing. As soon as the new year starts, I'll make a start on the minotaur chapter's draft.

Also, a minor point, but I think the "Points of Debate" subsection in the OP needs updating, mainly to include the details revealed by other users over the last couple of days.

Regarding the diamond dogs' bizarre humour, I think it works tremendously well as a sort of beginner's topic for Pinkie, given her own comedic leanings. Don't change a thing. It's perfect.

No worries. It's going to be manic enough, I imagine. For now, I'll just say Happy New Year and see you in 2018! I'm off to enjoy the last hour or so. Ta ta! :pinkiehappy:

If I could request it, I would like for Starlight to come along on the Yak trip. Pinkie would have picked her up while Starlight visited Our Town.

Here's a thought. Impossible Numbers wants the cart destroyed with the phoenix chapter; but three chapters later, I'll be needing the cart to break down so it can be repaired (setting up the stage for the Cyclops).

Ceffyl Dwr, how about if you make it where Pinkie buys a cart from a Griffon. Judging from the episode they appear in, their place is (as Pinkie stated) a dump. The cart could be in bad shape which would make perfect sense that it would break in the next chapter (being mine). If you're okay with that idea, then...

Impossible Numbers, could it be possible to save some of Pinkie's cargo and have her carry them with her for the proceeding two chapters?

Absolutely. I was planning on Pinkie getting some salvage from the wreckage, especially once the phoenixes become friendly and Philomena tries to help her along.

That's fine. I need the time to work on the minotaur chapter anyway, so I can afford to wait.

Would it be fine for Caelano (the parrot pirate from the movie) help Pinkie out with her visit to the parrots? These guys aren’t really explored in the film and a familiar face that isn’t an Oc may help in getting their culture across better.

What’s adamgreenrock’s species suppose to be? There’s nothing there in the opening post except for TBC. Oh, and thanks for letting Caelano be in the story.

I think that’s everyone. I got a question. With what happened to the Storm King at the end of the movie, would the species that were introduced in the movie still haul his merchandise around?

I just checked the map, and I'm fine with it being the entry point for Pinkie. My idea is that the place where Rarity had her encounter was an advanced survey expedition, relatively removed from the main body of their settlements.

Pinkie will arrive there after having announced her presence through some other diplomatic channels, and from there she will be escorted deeper into the Dogs' territory.

By the way, I wanted to put one of the Storm King's soldiers into my story. He was one of the invading troops who got lost and never left, still haunting the tunnels of the "lost" burrow. I wanted Pinkie to befriend him at a certain point but would avoid it if it risked playing against your ideas for the Storm Creatures. If it isn't a problem, then it would be nice to exchange notes about them, so that my portrayal of him matched with your ideas about who the Storm Creatures are.

I’m guessing a few ships that haven’t docked yet still think the Storm King’s in charge. This probably changes quickly when they actually reach the Storm Kingdom since losing their ruler, commander, and a great magical artifact while losing control of a large nation is probably something the Storm Creatures are talking about.

I guess there would still be some merchandise hanging around

While they don't have an official name (due to having distrust with each other for so long and wanted to forget their origins entirely), I wanted Pinkie to name them the Credians (Credo).

And they're like polar bears mixed with ponies (more earth pony structure with bear like instinct).

When I looked that the map and my chapter on it, I might need to tweak some of the word building with my species since there're lots of creaked ices than snow traps. Any ideas or i carry on with my original ones?

I'm nearly halfway through writing my chapter. If either of you want to pm me with questions though I'm more than happy to answer. Orbiting Kettle, Since we're talking individual and not the society as a whole, I don't think there will be any issues. As a whole we say ponies and nice and such, but there are lots of examples of individuals behaving beyond the norm.

PB, I would say it just depends? Are they still able to make money? Bc at this point they can pocket whatever cash flow they get.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 204