The Authors' Cafe 226 members · 1,759 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Now with better wording and less translated awkwardness, I present to you an improved version of So many words never said!
If you like to read about dark themes, or such type of sensible topics, this story may be for you. And once you start, I can almost guarantee you won't stop until reaching the end! Seriously, I have been scolded by my Hispanic readers for that. :rainbowlaugh:
It is special, to me at least, for a number of reasons that I might never be able to say out loud (Yes, the title it's totally coincidental).

Twilight Sparkle was a girl who liked routines. It's easy to know what is going to happen how, when, and where. They were practical, synthetic, simple to follow.
However, there were one or two (obnoxious) exceptions to the rule, such as screaming feelings and frustrations in the suffocation of the pillow in the middle of the night or expressing what shouldn't be said out loud in any other way than talking.
This was thanks to her parents, who in a discourse of affection had put her in that endless cycle, because for them, to accept was synonymous with forcing, with defining without prior consent, with deciding when to do what.
That's when routines prove that in addition to being secure and structured, they are also exhausting.
And even then, after that catharsis that supposedly provides balance to the soul, after having tried everything, it may not be enough.
But for Twilight Sparkle (as a whole) things had always been this way. Or maybe not always, but long enough to understand the dynamics and get used to it.
Maybe it was time for a change of perspective.

TSo Many Words Never Said
It was a simple dynamic. Simple enough that it didn't require any questions, only the unspoken agreement to remain silent. It only required Twilight broken into pieces, so she could never put herself back together again.
Snowmanmelting · 32k words  ·  59  4 · 2.1k views
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1