The Authors' Cafe 226 members · 1,759 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

And I really need some input on the matter. You see I have an upcoming story about my O.C. Brianna and her girlfriend Megan and in it I wanted to include a scene in which Brianna dons a black leather catsuits and fights off a bunch of guys Hollywood Super Spy style. But I can't figure out if it should be some kind of dream or a part of a story she is writing on her own time. So what do you guys think of either option? And in addition to that I could also use any advice on actually writing out the action itself. This is something I'm not particularly good at that, so anything useful will be appreciated greatly.

Edit: I need to mention that I will be going through the day and night before Megan and Brianna's shared birthday in this story. Sorry for the missing context at first.

Further Edit: This is going to be an EQG story. My apologies for not being fully clear.

So, first on writing action itself.
Generally, you need faster pace for action itself. That means that you should use shorter, plain sentences with just the most necessary description (Descriptions slow down the pace considerably.)
Well, what is the story's plot going to be about? For example, it would be kind of hard to include a dream sequence if the character is not falling asleep anywhere in the story, the same goes for the second option. It's mostly about finding the right spot in the plot.

Oh sorry I forgot to mention that. Okay the story is actually about Megan and Brianna sharing an intimate night on their 18th birthday. But before that I want to go through the day and night before as well as the party itself. Once that is done then it'll get to the steamy romantic stuff at the end.

Ah, I see... so, Brianna is a writer, right? Then I can imagine the scene as the very opening of the story, hooking the reader with action - then you can do an easy transition to her and her daily activies. I'd also rather go with a books scene than a dream. The latter is far more overused.

leather

If the story is pony related, this might be kind of scary. It's kind of like if Spiderman put on a human skin instead of his costume.

It's an EQG story man. :ajbemused: And I really don't want to know why you mind goes where it does.

Yeah I was concerned about her having this be a dream because of how badly overused it is. And her being a writer is something I thought I'd add to her characterization.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7