Convention Planning 84 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Bad Horse
Group Admin

Everfree Northwest is still on! off.
Website
I'll be one of the speakers or panelists on the writing track, assuming I get my act together and buy an airplane ticket. I'd really like to roomshare with somebody! But NOTE: If you reserve a room using the con discount, you can NOT cancel that reservation.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Surprising, since Trotcon canceled and they're only a month earlier.

Washington State currently has one of the best Covid-19 responses, so going solely by that it's a pretty safe bet; but a lot will depend on what the rest of the country does, and whether they open the border with Canada so the guests can show up. There will definitely be precautionary measures in place, likely including mandatory mask-wearing, if it does happen.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

Everfree Northwest is no longer on!

Sad, but understandable. I note, however, that fewer than 1% of the people who protested in Seattle, and subsequently got tested for covid-19, tested positive. That's... bizarre, since 6.5% of people tested so far in Seattle & King County tested positive. This seems to indicate that approximately zero people caught covid-19 in the Seattle protests--the 1% who tested positive probably already had it before going to the protest.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4