Support Group Anonymous 60 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I'm a junior in high school, and have NO idea what I'm going to do afterwards.
Everyone assures me that most people don't know what they want at my age. But telling me that doesn't help.
I do have one or two POSSIBLE leads - I'm taking a coding class next year. Plus I enjoy writing. But out of everything I've ever written, the only stuff I finished was for a creative writing class. 90% of what I started never even made it past the planning stage. And most of it was fabrication, too-you can't make any money off that. And what if the coding class doesn't work out? I don't want to end up working at some backwater McDonald's for the rest of my life.

Midnight Musashy
Group Admin

My advice, though my schooling situation is more complex than yours.
What are your hobbies?
Anything profitable?
Search for what means something to you,
I am a musician, I live for music. I habe yet to create anything. But that's circumstances.
I dont plan to rely on music and artistry though, (artist in the music sense) i want to be a sound engineer, because that relates to what I love and is something I would enjoy doing for a living.
I am 16 and I know exactly what I want from life. The people that are 'most people' tend to be immature, stupid fucks.

Midnight Musashy
Group Admin

I also had to do coding, and it's honestly not that hard. If it doesn't fit, there are a million other things you can try, if you dont know what you want, CMC it. Remember though, everything takes hard work and practice.

Skye Mist
Group Admin

Really, it's a matter of what you really want to do in life. Just have a backup plan, just in case.
Like with me, I want to be an actress, but that's hard to come by so I'm trying to check out other options if that one doesn't work out.

5209331 I like reading, writing, and playing videogames.
Writing is the most obvious one I can profit off of. Finding the motivation to write can be pretty hard. I'm usually the most inspired in the middle of the night-I come up with something that I think is so amazing that I can't even sleep-even when I write it all down I'm fidgety and massively hyped. I might work on it some more for a little while, but eventually, one day, I look it over and say "What a pile of shit. Why did I ever think this was a good idea?"
Making money off videogames is less obvious, but still possible. PewDiePie makes more in a month than my parents make in a year. But the idea of making games sounds really appealing, too. That's why I'm going to try my hand at coding.
As for reading...I don't think you can make a living off of that.

Midnight Musashy
Group Admin

5209358 well, what I do, because i started doing some limited eriting not too long ago.i never delete anything that has a decent amount of originality and that can be worked with. Rather I try to memorize a list of my best ideas. And writing js about four things, practice, dedication, having ideas, and practice.
You worry about bwing able to write stories, and then you write stories. It's not about being able to come up with an idea, it's about making an idea into a solid story.
How? Force yourself to write for x amount a day. An hour or so.

And you spoke of the...
That guy.
Anyways. Meh. That's a tough market.
But meh, go ahead and try it, ome can do both writing and gaming. - Tobuscus is an example. Though if you count animating as writing. (Is that even his work doh?)

Actually you can.
It's called editing.
Or critics, they are readers.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6