Amalgam'verse 300 members · 42 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hey, guys. Now before we get to the topic, I'm going to talk about a web animated series, RWBY. It's an animated fantasy series about four teenage huntresses trained to fight shadowy and bloodthirsty creatures known as Grimm. I don't wanna spoil the series for you (even though I have seen the first two volumes), but I'm gonna get a quick review without ruining it for you. While the series is filled with incredible action scenes, nice animation and likable characters, I was only praising the humor with some of the cartoon moments that made me smile and laugh my butt off. My most favorite character in this series was Blake Belladonna (Ruby Rose and Nora Valkyrie were also one of my secondary favorites because they're so cute) because her asocial behavior and quiet attitude really fit my personality. I love the Grimm designs, and their portrayal as non-sentient monsters (which explained in the show) with different shapes, sizes and abilities, and took inspiration from real-life animals to mythological creatures. The human villains were written to be scarier than the Grimm themselves, and they gave me the heebie-jeebies as the scenes revealed their evil plans, appearances, and combat skills that overpower the heroes, and I love it! If you're interested in watching the series, go check out on YouTube, and watch the whole thing whatever you like.

How back to the topic. What if the humans and faunuses (named after a Roman God of the forest) aren't the only ones on Remnant fighting the Creatures of the Grimm even before they existed? What if Godzilla and the other Titans were the old protectors of Remnant? Yes, we've seen some of the giant Grimms, like the Leviathan that looked like Titanosaurus from Toho, but I'm talking about non-Grimm Titans. Without further or do, let's get to it.

Unlike the Creatures of the Grimm, the Titans were neutral and sentient like other animals. Some, like Rodan, MUTOs and Scylla, were classified as Destroyers due to being carnivorous and parasitic but that doesn't mean they're as malevolent as King Ghidorah which we'll get to it later, while others, like Godzilla, Mothra and Behemoth, were classified as protectors but not all of them were herbivores. Yes, the Titans can feed on radiation (even from other Titans) in the Monsterverse, but if this took place on Remnant, the Titans, in this universe, would feed on Dust from all over the planet and themselves, and Dust remains from Titan waste created sentient life smaller than these giant beasts for millions of years, and also produce newer Dust depending on the environment and the Titans' genetic code. The Creatures of the Grimm would also act as a food source from carnivorous Titans, but the smaller ones were too much for those colossal animals. However, that doesn't mean the Titans weren't evolved to eat small animals; some larger Titans, like Scylla, who was also a scavenger but have tentacles to grab small prey, have the advantage to feed on smaller prey; and let's not forget the smaller carnivorous Titans, like the Skullcrawlers. These things are hyper-aggressive in nature, but in my theory, these things were scavengers to larger Titans (and also invasive species to Skull Island since they emerged from underground which is located in Hollow Earth), which is why they were driven to fast-term starvation and wanted to eat in order to survive. These Skullcrawlers would more than likely to consume every Grimm (or animal) they hunted, and as the adults, like Ramarak, they would more likely to consume large Grimm (and animals) smaller than them, or colossal Grimm (and Titans) when in groups, just like what happened to Kong's parents.

When humans and faunuses were created on Remnant, they were fighting a losing struggle against these creatures, mostly the Grimm that almost overwhelmed them, but they realized some of the creatures, like Godzilla, Mothra and Kong, they were afraid of started protecting them against the ones that were eating them. But because humans discover and harness the Dust to battle the Grimm for thousands of years, the surface levels of the Titans' natural food source become scarce, and decided to adapt in the bottom of the oceans and further underground while absorbing Dust from inside the planet in order to survive. Now the humans use the Dust to build civilizations and grow new technology, and the Titans were long forgotten by humans until now. But because of the Great War, as mentioned in the series, that last for ten years, the Dust humans left behind awakened some of the Titans seeking to find food from above ground, leaving some of the sightings and incidents of giant monsters even after the Great War. At first, they thought it was the Grimm when they're attempting to kill one of them, but then they realized these creatures behaved more like animals than the Grimm, and the world's government formed a top-secret organization, similar to MONARCH, to search, study and hunt these Titans which were classified as Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism (nicknamed, M.U.T.O.), before renamed them 'Titans'. In the present day, when a former activist group and turned terrorist group known as The White Fang, who plans to steal Dust and weaponizing Grimm existed, and plot the second Great War against humanity with wasteful Dust and increase of Grimm population, the Titans, mostly Godzilla who cared about the balance of nature despite treating humans and other animals like ants, would begin to fully emerge to restore balance, and Team RWBY would enter a new world of gods and monsters.

Now let's talk about the aftermath of Godzilla's emergence and the rise of the Titans. I know I've only seen the first two volumes, but that didn't stop me from making theories, and don't correct me about the series because I don't want any spoilers.

Let's talk about the protagonists, start off with Team RWBY. During his full appearance, Ruby, Yang and Blake saw Godzilla as the protector when not only he isn't a Grimm, but he scared away most of the members of The White Fang while killing some of them, and destroyed every Grimm he encountered, but Weiss disagreed about it after she saw Godzilla causing more collateral damage to the city and the lives of people during the fight, and wanted the hunters and huntresses to kill off all Titans, especially Godzilla, just like Mark Russell from Godzilla: King of the Monsters, but due to character development, she slowly realized that some of the Titans weren't that bad when Godzilla fought off some of the Destroyer Titans, like MUTO (Prime), and/or colossal Grimms to protect the humans, mostly the protagonists. About JNPR, while the rest (including Nora who sang 'the King of the Castle') saw Godzilla as a protector, their leader Jaune Arc is terrified by his sheer size and power, but like Weiss, then realized Godzilla wasn't really that bad. About all Four Kingdoms of Remnant, some people believed Godzilla and the other Titans is the threat to their existence, some believed they were protectors of humanity since they're not part of the Grimm, others saw them as neutral like any other animal. World's governments and huntsmen/huntresses formed defense perimeters around their kingdoms in case of an incoming Titan arrival; their weapons wouldn't be able to kill them, but would drive them off since these giant animals can get hurt by heavy weapons. Now about the villains, their reactions are mixed: they either saw Godzilla as a threat to their existence, or a protector that foiled their plans; so they decided to kill him and move on to their plan of destroying humanity, such as creating or weaponizing powerful Grimm that could go against Godzilla, and build powerful technology against him, like building Mechagodzilla. While Godzilla's in trouble, Team RWBY and JNPR go out to rescue him and join the fight, and when the protagonists were in trouble, Godzilla (and one of the other Titans) would go out to save them. But while both Godzilla and the protagonists were in trouble, they are other Titans and Huntsmen/Huntresses would go out to save them, and join the fight. Later on, the series would feature iconic Titans as their main roles, such as Kong, Mothra, Rodan, MUTO Prime, Skullcrawlers, and presumably, King Ghidorah, and some of the other creatures and characters from the Toho universe.

Speaking of which, what about King Ghidorah? We all know, Ghidorah was an extraterrestrial Titan and an arch-nemesis of Godzilla, even in this universe. I know it's a Fantasy story, but that doesn't mean it never featured aliens. Some fantasy lore does feature aliens, like Star Wars, Final Fantasy, Warcraft, even Toho Godzilla series too was a Fantasy movie series, and does feature alien life. According to Toho, King Ghidorah, along with Gigan, was a biological weapon created by the Xiliens who planned to create giant monsters to invade Earth, much like the Precursors from Pacific Rim, but only from another planet. If King Ghidorah existed in this universe, what if the Xiliens designed him to control the Creatures of the Grimm instead of Titans while creating massive storms as terraforming? When King Ghidorah landed on Remnant during the time of the Titans, he used the mysterious Dust to control the Grimm to attack the Titans while along producing more and more of them until Godzilla, alongside Mothra and some of the other Titans, defeated him, but the Xiliens used some sort of Resurrection Dust to designed him to stay dormant after his defeat until he'll possess a victim he comes across, and continue to take control of the Grimm. If King Ghidorah would return, then what all-powerful villain was the victim he possessed?

Well, that's my personal theory. Have you ever seen the show, even some or most of the series? If you have, what's your personal theory? Let me know in the comment section.

There are details that come up much later in the series that would likely alter your approach; I recommend watching at least enough to know the backstory of Salem and Ozma before going forward. Especially with how Ghidorah's appearance reflects on one of two Brothers from the backstory, and how that might reflect upon his motivations......

And, no, I'm not going to explain. I try to avoid giving Spoilers where I can.

Greta work on this idea.

If I watched the rest of the series, I would receive an update information.

BTW, you spelled Ghidorah wrong.

Edit: Thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4