Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

Hey, I was thinking abaut it for a while and I think we should try to host a meeting of our group members. By that I mean having Most, preferably All active people to be online at the same time and join a chat - eather the FiMfic chat, a discord channel we could make or use such stuff like Skype.

I think the good time to have the meeting is Sunday and we should dicuss how we're avable during that day to choose a reasonable hour that fits evryone. It doesn't really matter if it's a written chat or a voice one, the only thing that matters that it will be one or two hours of constant exchanging of information.

The subjects I want to mentation is what we already have on our ponysonas, ideas for situations we would engage at certain points of the storyline, organize the storyline itself with evryones instalment and maybe try to make a rough sketch of the first chaper in google docs.

Sleepy_The_Zebra
Group Admin

Sounds cool! I'm in, if we do it, but I, at least, would have to be on here.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

Sounds good. Dragon already knows this, but I'm on Eastern Standard time.

Point being, if we start discussing hours, someone please mention which time zone they're in. I've missed D&D sessions all because I assumed they were scheduling in EST, when they were actually scheduling for somewhere on another continent.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

Check what you have to do on Sunday. Tell me if there is some time-consuming stuff you want to do then. I want it to occur at the best possible time for evryone, the other option is to just have the meeting run for the whole day and be content with the fact that propably never evryone will be online at the same time. But I would try to have the meeting in the European Evening and American Morining.

Eather way, I think we'll start discussing more details tomorrow when the rest of the gang showed up.

Nova Arc
Group Admin

5251065 My Sundays tend to be kinda flip-floppy; either I can be on long, or barely a few minutes every hour or so. I'm usually online on Saturday afternoons and in the late morning-afternoons during the weekdays, sometimes at night. But until summer holiday (2-3 weeks from now, hopefully), my online time is gonna be pretty wobbly.

But I can work with Discord. Already have one.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5252261>>5252255 5252079 5251685
Hey, maybe try this on Saturday - directly after the new episode arrives? It's an hour each of us propably knows all too well and it's a descent hour both in eastern USA and Yurop.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5252378 we're propably gonna join randomly thought the whole day eather way. We'll see.

Nova Arc
Group Admin

5252365 I'm cool with that.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5252382 Things are complicated eather way. We're trying to reach consensus. Having the meeting for two hours before the new episode sounds reasonable. And i think we'll be doing it as a written chat due to the possiblity some of us don't have microphones and the ussually low quality of said voice transmission.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5252385 After and before the episode. But preferably before.

Nova Arc
Group Admin

5252395 I hope I can catch it.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

I don't think I'm doing anything this Saturday. My household can be pretty spontaneous, though, so anything that might pop up would be a last-minute thing, anyway.

Kryssi
Group Admin

Sorry I’m a bit late for this thread.

Anyway, since I’m in New Zealand, the new episode airs at 11:30am EDT, which in New Zealand is 3:30am on Sunday.

That means that I’m afraid I can’t be awake before the episode. I think the whole-day chat’s the best option, to accommodate for all the time zones; and the second best option for me would be Saturday afternoon EDT.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5253562 I too have some plans on friday and I hope they don't take Saturday too.

5254582 I'll try to save a copy of most of the chwt for you, if that's possible.

Kryssi
Group Admin

5254666 Thanks, I appreciate the gesture.

I’ve just made a Discord account, so if everyone else is on Discord as well, we’ll use that.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5254677 Now I have to thank you. I had a problem deciding what should we use. Discord was a prime option but I didn't had any idea to how to make that.

Beside that - we could use a google text doc in case we really start writing a thing.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Just like C.C. My house hold is spontaneous, so lets go for all day Saturday. Also, I'm checking out this discord account Chryssi suggested, it looks simple enough so far.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5254809 The important part is for it to be working.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Yes I'm sure:ajsmug:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5254819 You have a link to the channel? I'll check it out later.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Not yet, working on it as we speak, just give me an hour or so laddie.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5254822 'kay. I dont have a pc at the moment eather way.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5254677 Give me the link to the discord stuff. I have to see if it works.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5256347 I meant the room code or the account.

Kryssi
Group Admin

5256349 Oh, my username is chryssi, or chryssi#1856
in the “Add Friend” prompt.

I just set up a Discord server; of course, the actual meeting is on Saturday EDT, but you can join it now to test if it works.
https://discord.gg/012JQQM8n8UOkYMXx

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5256359 That's what I'm Tolkien abaut!

I'm doing my hair now but I check the workings when I get home.

Congtats, Chryssy - you just became the Gang's Hacker! Don't let it go into your head. Now we know who gonna break runic seals on doors we want opened...

Kryssi
Group Admin

Congtats, Chryssy - you just became the Gang's Hacker!

Oh, cool.

Don't let it go into your head.

Aw yiss, I feel like Elliot from Mr Robot now.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5256390 Chageling Runic Priest exposed!

It was a quote from Marcus Kinclaid - a guy from the Borderlands video game series that sold weapons. One of his qoutes is: "You're my milonth customer! Don't let it get into your head."

Kinclaid is the guy below the gryphon. The Gryffic Vendor however is my proof to why Gryphons are slavic.

Here is a street vendor from Petergrad. See the simlarities?

...aaand the channel is wurking. gud.

Kryssi
Group Admin

5256475 Hmm, neat.

I’ve sent invites to everyone in the group, in case they haven’t checked this thread.
Looks like it’s 21:39 22:44 Friday (US Eastern Time) so I hope they read them in time…

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5257781 So the thing is in progress. Let's see how i goes.

Kryssi
Group Admin

5251685 5258279 5254822 5253562 5252404 5252261
Next Saturday (Eastern Time), all day?

Hmm, since it’s pretty hard to have everyone on at once, I’m not sure if Discord can provide anything FIMFiction can’t. Perhaps a new organisation method is in order.

By the by, is there another way to get a notification to everyone, apart from user page comments, PMs, or making a new thread?

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5262273 Well, we are all living around the globe. Someone is gonna have to be online at night if we want to be at full numbers. Normally it would be me but I don't know if Hatte can afford such an act.

Well, I dubt it. The only communication method on fimfiction you didn't mentation is the FiMfic chat but it can't be used to notify people.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Next Saturday as in June 5th/6th, right? working on it.

S.W.B.

Sleepy_The_Zebra
Group Admin

5262273 sounds good to me, although I'd prefer using the FimFic private chat thing.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

That will be the... fourth of June. I ought to be free that day; but then again, I ought to have been free last Saturday, too.

I still gotta finish that book thing... for the thing...

Kryssi
Group Admin

5262393 Not sure what calendar you use, but on mine, the weekend’s on the 4th and 5th. :raritywink:

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Just checking:twilightsheepish:

S.W.B.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41