Talk It Out 94 members · 85 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

It's almost like the world around me just doesn't want me around. Like, every time I try to help people, I end up hurting someone else I love.

Like recently, I tried to help someone with an issue, and everything was fine. Little did I know that also ended up frustrating someone I care about who doesn't like this person very much. They used to be good friends, but something came between them. I've been trying to help them reconcile, but it seems like all I do is make things worse.

And this is the same as something that happened to me years ago with another group of friends I had. I don't get it. It's like, no matter what, whenever I enter a group, there's always this falling out, and when I try to fix things, the rift just gets worse and worse.

Maybe I should just stay a loner...

6882095 Don't try to fix humans. They're wired to be broken. If you fix all their problems, they'll invent new ones just to keep things interesting.

Don't take challenges away from humans. Solving them is the meaning of their lives. Don't take the meaning of their lives away from them.

You don't have to be a loner, though, there's nothing wrong with that, but you should respect people as they are, not as you want them to be. If a human has a flaw, accept the human along with the flaw. Don't try to fix the flaw. The human is the only one who should be fixing it, not you. Stay away from other people's flaws.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!