Talk It Out 90 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

Well, this is just great. I've had to put another one of my groups into hiding all because of one obsessive stalker who won't get over me and move on! Someone is attacking my group threads because I'm the one posting them, so I'm very much convinced that someone is out to get me.

6030048 How, exactly, is someone attacking you?

Basically, it's constantly getting one down vote again and again. I keep deleting and re-posting the threads, hoping that the stalker either takes the hint or gets fed up and quits, but the guy has done neither. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't keep happening again and again. Normally, it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it always seems to happen to me regardless of what I say or do. Therefore, I think it must be a personal attack against me.

I wouldn't say that it's a personal attack; it's just someone being a petty asshole. Their goal is probably to make you upset, and they seem to have succeeded. Really, just ignore them. Whenever I have trolls like that, I envision them as some pathetic kid who got upset over a little thing and is so pathetic that he thinks pressing a little downvote button will make him feel better. (Which is probably the actual situation.)

Also, you don't have to worry about this guy coming after you. If they're too much of a coward to say something to your face, ignore them the best you can and laugh whenever a downvote comes up on your comment. They are really not worth your time, if I do say so myself, so stop making your time about this little troll.

I've seen some of your other threads in this group, and see what you mean about the down vote guy. Well, here's the best advice I personally can give you: stop giving this guy the satisfaction. You keep saying how this guy makes you upset and showing that he's getting to you. This is probably what this person's after; he wants to get a rise out of you. So, stop making posts about it, and eventually he'll get bored and find someone else. I also recommend to keep a stress ball near your computer that you can squeeze the hell out of whenever you're upset, since it seems this guy really makes you stressed. It's a better alternative than to venting about it online, considering that person will have more validation to know they're making you mad, therefore wanting to continue.

Previously, I had been ignoring this guy, but even that didn't work, believe it or not. Can I still be assured this isn't anything the guy is doing out of malice and not just being an average troll?

I keep deleting and re-posting the threads, hoping that the stalker either takes the hint

And maybe he/she is fed up with you spamming her feed and hopes that you would take a hint.

I remember having to quit a group I was in just because the person kept posting the same threads over and over again. It can be quite frustrating.

Besides, why are you so bothered by downvotes, anyway?

I remember having to quit a group I was in just because the person kept posting the same threads over and over again.

That might have been me and my Anti-Brony Campaign group, which I apologized for and hid the group so the stalker couldn't intervene.

Besides, why are you so bothered by downvotes, anyway?

It's not the down votes that bother me. It's that this guy is following me everywhere I go and knows whenever I post or make something, so the someone decides to infuriate me or let me know that he'll never me alone until I "get off the Internet". I know someone told me that once, but the only way that's gonna happen is if the FCC gets what they want, in which case we all go down together. So in short, me getting a single down vote is telling me that this guy is practically stalking me and won't stop until I meet his demands. That is, I'm sure the guy wants me off this site, meaning it's possible he could be trying to make me snap so I'll get myself banned. But I am being told here that if I calm down and stop taking it seriously, that won't happen.

trying to make me snap

I think you're doing a better job at it than he/she is.

Well, if someone was really that angry at you for something, they would probably say something to your face. At the worst, they're probably just mildly annoyed with you, or don't have an opinion on you at all and just want to watch you get mad. I don't think they're trying to run you off the internet; they just want to be a troll. They probably find it hilarious whenever you go on a rant like this. That's just how I feel, considering I don't know why anyone would want to do something petty like that if they were really mad at you for something. It's probably just some guy butthurt because you say you're an anti-brony, honestly. Don't get so worked up over it; it's not good for your mental health and might even draw more trolls to you.

Me? Make myself snap? I thought only bronies were capable of that.

Well, if someone was really that angry at you for something, they would probably say something to your face.

If this "troll" is who I think it is, then the guy has already done so multiple times and as such got warnings and even got banned multiple times. And if it's who I think it is, the guy proceeded to blame me for being banned. And if it's who I think it is, this guy can't possibly say anything to my face without getting busted, thus leading to a possible perma-ban.

6030176 The only way to beat the trolls is to troll the trolls.

On another site, I was getting downvoted by trolls as well. So I changed my user-name to 'Feed Me Down-Votes' and then I made a post about how every down vote actually gets me paid $10.00 through Paypal because an ad company said they would sponsor my down-vote campaign.

People believed it and they only started leaving me upvotes. So many upvotes that my posts became the most seen on the site.

I was laughing so hard.

Anyway, you have to out troll the trolls. Eventually they will give up and move on to an easier target to pick on.

PM me. And if you do, you must promise to keep our conversation a secret.

Much as I'd dearly love to troll this troll, I'm likely to get banned from here if I do. This isn't exactly the kind of site that's kind to you if you make fun of bronies.

6030585 Well the other solution is to just ignore them. You shouldn't have to keep re-posting threads because you are afraid they will get down-voted. Post whatever you want. It is other people's problem if they want to be jerks and down-vote stuff for no reason.

Do any of these trolls ever reply to you or do they just down-vote your content? I am curious to how this whole thing started. Maybe I could offer some advice if you are willing to share.

You shouldn't have to keep re-posting threads because you are afraid they will get down-voted.

It's not the down votes that bother me. It's that this guy is following me everywhere I go and knows whenever I post or make something, so the someone decides to infuriate me or let me know that he'll never me alone until I "get off the Internet". I know someone told me that once, but the only way that's gonna happen is if the FCC gets what they want, in which case we all go down together. So in short, me getting a single down vote is telling me that this guy is practically stalking me and won't stop until I meet his demands. That is, I'm sure the guy wants me off this site, meaning it's possible he could be trying to make me snap so I'll get myself banned. But I am being told here that if I calm down and stop taking it seriously, that won't happen.

If this "troll" is who I think it is, then the guy has already done so multiple times and as such got warnings and even got banned multiple times. And if it's who I think it is, the guy proceeded to blame me for being banned. And if it's who I think it is, this guy can't possibly say anything to my face without getting busted, thus leading to a possible perma-ban.

6030592 If he is just giving you a single down-vote and it is just one troll, I wouldn't worry about it. He most likely will get banned for his own actions at some point down the road anyway.

Just remember that not everyone is going to get along with you on a site. I personally have had situation where I never even posted anywhere on a site and people hated me for my profile picture (no joke!). People are always going to look for a reason to hate on someone else. You can't let it get to you. Because if you do, you are just letting the trolls/ those kinds of people win.

He most likely will get banned for his own actions at some point down the road anyway.

I talked to a moderator and he told me I couldn't prove anything, so... not likely. I get what you're saying, but this guy could be wasting his time and life on me and he doesn't have to be.

6030636 That's just the way some people/ internet trolls are. They target those who look like they are easily picked on/ victims (even if they aren't) and they go in for the attack.

It is sad that people waste their time being trolls/ being mean to other people, but unfortunately there are lots of people like this online. The best way to deal with them is either to out-troll them (which usually drives them away because they figure you are too much work), or ignore them (which causes them to stop trolling because they can no longer get a reaction out of you).

Maybe you could change your user name? They wouldn't be able to recognize you if you changed it.

Or maybe you could make a new profile that is troll free?

These are just some other solutions I thought of.

That's just the way some people/ internet trolls are. They target those who look like they are easily picked on/ victims (even if they aren't) and they go in for the attack.

It is sad that people waste their time being trolls/ being mean to other people, but unfortunately there are lots of people like this online.

Except that if this guy is who I think it is, he's not a troll, but probably thinks I'M the troll, as do quite a few users here, I'll bet. And believe, I tried ignoring once... maybe twice. There was even a time, maybe two, when I would take a break from this site, which you think would have given plenty of time for the so-called troll to either get over me or forget about me altogether. But no, every time I come back, the guy tries haunting my nightmares again. It seems to be obvious that whoever this guy is, he won't stop until I'm off the Internet altogether, much less this site. And even if I left this site forever, he'd probably come after me on deviantART, even though he was told not to, but he'd let me know and I can almost hear him saying "I'm waiting for you to get off the Internet so you can be out of my life forever".

Maybe you could change your user name? They wouldn't be able to recognize you if you changed it.

I don't think that will work. It would change everything "Black Kyurem" typed up and he'd know it was me in a heartbeat. Like I said, if it's who I think it is, he's smarter than a dumb Internet troll.

Or maybe you could make a new profile that is troll free?

That won't work either. It would only be a matter of time before I'd get caught and the new profile would be perma-banned over assuming it was me making a new profile on the chance my original profile would be banned. So it might be too late for that. My brother was wrongly perma-banned from this site for having a similar user name to mine, White Kyurem. I'm willing to bet this guy who stalks me might have conspired to get him banned with some users thinking he was me.

6030693 Did you ever explain to the site admins that your brother was the person who ran the other account? It seems weird that they would just ban your brother's account without even looking into it (unless it was being access from the same IP, which would make sense if you and your brother both live together).

Deviant Art is usually good about taking care of trolls. I had a creepy situation happen to me where I had a stalker who took all of my pictures and made a gallery out of them and was literally worshiping me like a god or something. All of the journal entries were creepy to like the guy wanting to wear my skin. Anyway I reported the gallery and it was literally taken down THE NEXT DAY.

Deviant Art is very against harassment, so if you were to report the person's account, they would get banned.

As for people thinking you are a troll and trying to drive you off of the internet for it, that is definitely a tricky situation. I wonder if there would be a way to prove you are not a troll? Is this just something happening in one group or multiple groups? Is there any way of reporting these people to the group admins so the group admins can tell them to stop trolling?

It just seems like something could be done to stop these people. Just throwing some more ideas out there.

I sent an e-mail to knighty himself, trying to explain the situation, but I assume nothing was done.

It seems weird that they would just ban your brother's account without even looking into it (unless it was being access from the same IP, which would make sense if you and your brother both live together).

As of now, we are under the same roof and may very well continue to be for a long time to come. But I guess I can't prove that, now, can I?

Deviant Art is very against harassment, so if you were to report the person's account, they would get banned.

The situation on deviantART is very different. All the guy does is visit my page periodically and having CORE Membership, I know exactly when he does. However, that's not grounds for harassment and the only solution is to remove the Visitors feature, which I don't really want to do. On deviantART, I wasn't even trying to get him banned, but I think he was trying to get me banned, since he did say to me once, and I quote, "get off the Internet". But as of nowadays, he hasn't visited my dA page in a long time, probably because he was told not to by another user who runs a group capable of blacklisting users for serious issues. Now this guy on dA doesn't have CORE Membership, so he can never prove who visits his page.

As for people thinking you are a troll and trying to drive you off of the internet for it, that is definitely a tricky situation. I wonder if there would be a way to prove you are not a troll? Is this just something happening in one group or multiple groups? Is there any way of reporting these people to the group admins so the group admins can tell them to stop trolling?

This happens to me literally everywhere I go on this site. Every group, every forum, every thread... Sometimes I get multiple down votes, but that's a bit more welcoming than just one, because I assume with just one, it's this guy telling me that he's not happy with me being online.

I could tell you more, but you'd have to PM me, and even then, you'd have to promise and swear to keep it a secret.

6030708 If you are comfortable talking about it, I will try to help if you send me a message. But it is up to you. You should do what you feel comfortable with.

Alright then, I will trust you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28