Talk It Out 90 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Everywhere I go, I get down votes, even here and even this thread and comment. I have my suspicions, but chances are it might be a terrible ploy to irk me enough to get myself perma-banned. Whatever the reason, I can't escape it. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but it's happening with like 95% of my posts and it hasn't stopped for years. I may have been jerk-offing in the past, but it's all in the past. But whoever is stalking me would disagree. :ajsleepy:

they're just downvotes, they don't mean anything, it's just some jerk being a jerk.

Zyrah
Group Admin

5763021 Don't pay attention to downvotes, they don't mean anything. Believe me, if they did I would have flipped.

5763058 I know they don't, but I just don't think it's a coincidence that I keep getting at least one. I said that normally I wouldn't mind so much, but I keep thinking I'm being stalked and whoever it is either has a sick obsession or fetish with me that's not very healthy or hates me so much that he won't get over me until I'm off the Internet altogether.

5763037 I'm trying not to. It ain't easy.

5763131 A chance to breathe easy and if those who hate me to a T could just get over me, leave me alone, and move on. That's what.

Zyrah
Group Admin

5763138 huh...It does seem like you have a downvote problem. All I can tell you is, the faster you let them go, the better everything will get. I used to have someone that followed me around and downvote every story, comment, and thread post. I acknowledged that person one time in a blog, and someone gave me the same advice I'm giving you. I did it, and haven't had the problem yet.

2 dislikes on every story on my profile are from the same two people (except for one of those people, they were just mad at me). That being said, 2 dislikes isn't enough to bother me...Neither is a 120+ dislikes either...

5763241 I already told you that I tried that once. At least I thought I did. Earlier this month, I thought to stay away from this site for a while, thinking things would blow over. There were a couple of times when I thought I had to say something, possibly relating to a comment made, I guess. But no, it's like my stalker knows exactly when and where I post comments and lets me know he's not getting over me until I "get off the Internet". ...I don't know who's doing this, if it's just one user, but I assume he does want me offline, permanently.

Oh, and I'm sorry about "interfering" in that other thread. Forgive me, but I did not think the comment I made in which I tried to relate to the person in distress did not warrant a negative vote, so I reacted when I shouldn't have.

*sigh* Look at this. Just look at this! This is unhealthy!

Zyrah
Group Admin

5763264 I don't mean just ignore it. Blocking something out isn't fixing it. I mean like, don't let the dislikes matter to you. They don't matter to anyone else, so don't let the bother you.

5763021 There's no reason to assume somepony is stalking you.

:trollestia:

LightningSword
Group Admin

5763021 Look, take it from FIMfic's leading expert on self-victimization: don't make yourself into a target. The more you openly complain about it, the more you invite these people to hurt you. Believe me, there's really no stopping them. The best thing you can do is present yourself in a way that makes them think their efforts are wasted. After a while, they'll just stop themselves, because they know they don't hurt you anymore. Once their toy stops working the way they want it to, they'll throw it away and move on. That's how bullies work; they try to get a rise out of you. Stop giving them what they want, and they'll go away.

LightningSword
Group Admin

But just to be sure this doesn't get too out of hand . . .

Friendly admin reminder: try not to up or downvote comments too much. This is a place to vent, not a popularity contest. Let people air out their grievances in peace.

Thank you.

5763619 I tried ignoring. It's not working. See?

LightningSword
Group Admin

5763726 If you did, your message would be totally different. You cannot talk about them at all. You can't even refer to them. Pretend they don't exist. It's the only way to cope.

5764268 Well, I could disappear for at least a month... maybe two... and see what happens. No one would miss me anyway.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18