Talk It Out 90 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 83 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 83

5481263 That's all very well and I understand, but according to group rules, users can always be banned for anything outlandish if they're not walking on eggshells, right?

LightningSword
Group Admin

5481325 The saying goes "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". I don't like having to ban people from any of my groups, mostly because of accusations of being "close-minded" or unwilling to listen to other opinions. Just trying to create the best, safest, most stress-free environment possible. :twilightsmile:

5481343 Well, it's certainly working. ...At least for me, so far.

LightningSword
Group Admin

5481350 Glad to hear it. :scootangel:

Then, I heard of Alicorn Twilight and the childish drama it sparked for no real reason.

Welcome to every fandom ever.

I became an anti-brony, vowing to either stamp out bronies or bring them back to the way they used to be.

Good luck with that. I'm sure it's at least theoretically possible to make thousands of people conform to your idea of how to behave.

So I seek rational, reasonable, and healthy advice.

Try to relax, and be of good cheer.

People are individuals, and the only way to change anyone is to be a good example.

Try to relax, and be of good cheer.

Yeah, that's why I came here. Definitely my means of starting again.

the only way to change anyone is to be a good example.

Well, that's the real trick, now, isn't it? In real life, this hardly works at all and if I'm not mistaken, you get stampeded on or taken advantage of. I initially thought that letting the bronies know what they sound like and how they behave would teach them a lesson, only to find that they really couldn't handle a large dose of their own medicine.

5481625 Yep, some of it done by... that one user I dare not mention his name because of group rules.

Sad to hear, I hope things get better for you on this site

5482534 Well, I'm not sure if it's too late for that, but I can hope. I've already been kicked out of... I'd say at least 10 groups now. But I think for some of them, what led up to them were others getting needlessly upset over stuff I've said and I only tried to speak out. And I've got that one user probably still on my tail and maybe he's absolutely furious with me for being in this group, but he can't say anything to my face knowing that I'll just report him and get him banned for maybe a week or even a perma-ban since he already went through a 3-day ban. I'll have to wait and see.

Well know that like every community there is good an bad in us

5482588 Yes, and it seems that some users only see bad in me.

Well there are people that only look for the bad

5482626 Like that one user I keep mentioning, especially since he probably doesn't like me talking about him like this.

He really must have been hard on you

5482648 And like I said, it all started when I said that in my opinion, Twilight earned her wings through hard work. The first time he "assaulted" me, I kept deleting all my comments because they got so many negative votes. And he never ever ever stopped calling me a kid. He must have really thought I was a heartless troll.

And you never said anything that in your opinion could have been interpreted as insulting?

Not that first time to my knowledge, but maybe as time went on. It's not my intention to insult others, unless bronies start trouble with me first. But there's also that possibility that anyone who doesn't like me could have just easily chose to interpret it as harmful just as an excuse to flame me.

5475432 I have this strange feeling that I'm the only optimistic person within this whole community. No hates, no death threats, no negative votes (unless they deserved it otherwise), and definitely no stalking... that's just not right. That sounds like a lonely life for me :fluttershyouch: I'm always looking at the positives of things and whenever something negative comes up, I'm just mostly neutral at best.

I really don't hate because its pointless to hate when the event is already done... And yeah, I was there when the alicorn Twilight came up. Let's just say that I was facepalming a lot and questioning the hell out of it when I saw the derisive hate for that... :facehoof: I'm probably lucky in that I rarely run into those typical haters which unfortunately are everywhere... Also, this is the first time I've heard that the writers received death threats. Tell me you're joking about that... :twilightoops:

5483778 Lucky you.

Tell me you're joking about that... :twilightoops:

Oh, I wish it was a joke, believe me. But I'm not kidding. I did hear from someone that as a result of Pinkie Pie's abnormality in "Filli Vanilli", episode writer Amy Keating Rogers received death threats from bronies. It was their cult following at one of their all-time lowest.

5484000 okay while I will agree that Pinkie was portrayed terribly during that episode, sending death threats towards the writer just for that? I find to be the most stupidest thing any sane person can do...

5485700 I do not believe these bronies were sane at all when they did this.

I will agree that Pinkie was portrayed terribly during that episode

Now this is the part where bronies get to flay me alive. My opinion of Pinkie in that episode? Ambivalent. Yeah, shocking, isn't it? I can't ignore her behavior and I'd be lying if I didn't say it was off-the-cuff, but I've always felt indifferent about it. Hell, she even admitted that she's good at being ridiculous, something that bronies never seemed to hear clearly, or chose not to hear clearly. What's the reason? Because Fluttershy's character was also poorly portrayed if you think about it. In "Hurricane Fluttershy", she dramatically improved her character and in "Rainbow Falls", she doesn't have a problem with joining the Equestria Games, knowing that she's performing in front of all of Equestria. And in "Filli Vanilli", she has stage fright and she would only be performing in front of a small Ponyville crowd. Not to mention, when one audience cheers for her masculine singing performance, she interprets the cheers as jeers, so I was led to believe she had schizophrenia. So from my point of view, I was more concerned with Fluttershy's downplayed character and it was practically insulting to see that in the end, she learned nothing and in the episode "Equestria Games", she's perfectly fine performing in front of all of Equestria. Where's the fun in making sense indeed.

5485928 I never thought about Fluttershy much but now that you bring that up... Yeah, I can see what you mean... Still doesn't deserve going ballistic over you know?

5487420 Well of course no one thought about Fluttershy much in "Filli Vanilli". They were too fixated on hating Pinkie and Amy Keating Rogers that they didn't even consider Fluttershy's degraded character development. And I know it wasn't worth going ballistic over, but those filthy bronies did it anyway! Not even MrEnter brought up Fluttershy this way in his review. He too focused on his hate for Pinkie, but more in a way because she was out of character. I would agree, except that in the beginning, she openly admitted that she was good at being ridiculous... even if she brought it up to an nth degree.

5487747 Sometimes, I wonder if I do feel like the only sane person in the fandom... And... I don't remember Pinkie admitting that... Or did I forget that? Bah, who knows, all I care right now is that going bonkers over that detail is really stretching the limit...

I don't remember Pinkie admitting that...

It's not an easy thing to remember, unless you're me, because all those viewers ever fixated on was Pinkie's off-the-cuff behavior. The first time, Rarity smacked her with a rolled-up newspaper and said "Don't be ridiculous!" Pinkie shakes off the blow and says "Aww, but I'm so good at it!" Either bronies didn't care about that or they chose not to hear it, and the latter reason would be worse.

But yeah, believe you me, this shit-fest in brony fandom history was really a thing, including the death threats. All that over a kids' cartoon and when I remind bronies of their ridiculousness and stupidity, they turn it around 180 degrees and rail on me, making me look like the bad guy and banning me from groups left and right for being off-topic.

5487865 Oh okay, now that you recalled that, now I remember... Toxicity at its finest, for all I know, there could be something worse than what we've witnessed and that's a scary thought right then and there... Also, I'm really beginning to question how hypocritical and off puttingly dumb would you be to not see it in plain sight...

You know, now that you bring OOC up... I did recently discover a fic that got a good amount of likes... Over a prank gone brutally wrong and with Rainbow being completely OOC to the point of vandalism. Mind you, I didn't actually read only discovered it thanks to Rage Reviews, but goodness did my mind question it there...

5487879 Oh, I've had an inkling on how crazy, maybe even mentally unstable and dangerous, these bronies could be. And among the worst about them, they've chewed me up and spat me out for me trying to call them out, even if it was in the wrong places to do so. And then there was me getting booted from a group just for pointing out a spelling error because a word was off by one letter. :rainbowhuh:

5487889 While I'm going to not ask why because you have every right to call them out, I tend to not to because admittedly, I tend to fear the results after such a heated argument. Also... A spelling... What? Are... Let me collect my thoughts on this... Are you saying you got banned for a group because of one spelling error?

While I'm going to not ask why because you have every right to call them out, I tend to not to because admittedly, I tend to fear the results after such a heated argument.

This group isn't the place, so if any arguments start, users involved would go bye-bye.

Are you saying you got banned for a group because of one spelling error?

I pointed out to another user that the word "intelligent" was spelled wrong, as it was spelled "intellegent". Tensions mounted over it when I only intended to be helpful and it resulted in my eventual group ban because an admin took it far too hard. You'd better believe it.

...And I think my stalker is watching me because who else gives my comments negative votes? Or rather, who else starts a chain of down votes?

5488026 Oh sweet merciful lord...

5489051 Indeed. And look at all these negative votes I'm getting! I don't even feel safe in this group! Come on, people, am I really that far beyond redemption? Am I really worth so much trouble to you all?

5489069 Well, no thanks to these stalkers, now I don't feel safe even in this group. What a load.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 83