Talk It Out 90 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Sometimes I feel like I’m worthless or nobody likes me or I’m afraid of the future, etc.. When this happens I shove all bad feelings and thoughts about myself to the back of my mind and forget about it; and it usually works. The feelings build up though, every once in a while I start crying over something that bothers me little and I can’t stop crying and don’t even 100% know why I’m crying. Is it bad tossing my bad feelings about myself to the back of my mind if I’m able to successfully forget (at least for a period of time) them?

...That sound just like me. Except I can't forget about it, and I just cry almost every day. Honestly, I think it's best to confront it at some point, even thought it's really hard. Pushing it away helps, though, if you're really stressed out.

*hugs* I hope you can get better. :heart:

One of my biggest fears in life is sharing my feelings with others.
Whenever I attempt to share my feelings (very rare) I mumble words or can’t say anything at all and this usually happens while I’m crying like a baby.
I think why I’m so afraid is 1. I’m terrified at what the other person’s reaction will be, and 2. I usually say one thing and then realize later I feel differently than what I said earlier.

Any advice on overcoming my fear?

5426906 Depression is a downward spiral. The more you think the negative thoughts and try to fight it rationally, the closer to the abyss you are pulled.

So yes, the less time you ponder dark thoughts, the better off you are. It also helps if you substitute the thoughts with goals and prospects for the future.

As for sharing your feelings, it's easiest to do that with strangers because there are no future consequences. You could join Omegle to find strangers to talk to.

It isn't bad to feel different later, but I wouldn't worry about that. One thing that I've done is write it out. It's easier than talking, even if you don't share it with anyone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5