Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Do I need an emulator, or is this new version able to be played without one? Only played Pony Fantasy

There are ways to play without an emulator but I personally don't know how that works. Emulators are safe and easy. The most commonly used and suggested are SNES9x (which is my preference) and ZSNES.

The way to play without an emulator is by copying the rom onto a flashable SNES cartridge such as an Everdrive or SD2SNES, or by using something like hakchi2 to allow loading of other roms onto the SNES Classic. Though the latter is technically an emulator, it is a plug and play one.

Playing without an emulator is absolutely possible, but it's the more expensive and complicated route for first-timers. I've flashed roms, including Filly Fantasy VI, onto the SNES Classic, and it worked like a dream, but given the difficulty involved in managing your save files between updates to Filly Fantasy VI if you go this route, I highly recommend using an emulator, instead, plus a retro controller such as the 8BitDo SF30 if you want the authentic feel of an SNES controller.

For some reason ZSNES refuses to work on my laptop, but I'll check out the other one

I mean moreso like, as a standalone .EXE

As in, the game itself being the executable? That isn't possible with roms, unfortunately.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6