Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 499 )
  • Viewing 401 - 450 of 499

What was the Stun Stone supposed to do? In my battle with the Founders, I never saw that work.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

It inflicts Stop. I'll have a look.

A few things to note about the new placements of Smooze and Grogar. First, Grogar doesn't automatically battle you on contact like the other wandering Wraths do. After defeating the Smooze, (And I imagine this would be too complicated and unnecessary to fix) the darkness in the area vanishes.

http://prntscr.com/imla72 (Because I'm too lazy to upload another image that Fimfic will recognize...)

And the last thing, after the Smooze is defeated, you can still access the save spot, even though it doesn't appear.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Grogar is intentional, so players don't run into him by accident on their first trip. And if I'm to be honest, I have no iea how that "battle on contact" code works, it isn't part of NPC settings or the event script.

The Smooze, that's just for the dialogue box with the light. Check on the save point though. Rom updated.

This is not about a bug so much as just something I had been thinking about for a long time that bugged me. As you know, throughout the game, there are specific periods of time where the levels of all party members are averaged and whomever's level doesn't meet or surpass that average is automatically brought up to the average. The very last full party average is after Discord starts moving the founders on the Floating Continent. After this of course, every character you re-recruit is brought up to the party average that is then represented by whomever you have recruited at the time (Cadence is the party average while she is alone for example.) There is one exception though. Scootaloo is not raised to the party average upon recruiting in the WoR, presumably because her level would be re-averaged every time she comes back from the Veldt otherwise. So I was thinking, one way to mitigate what otherwise could be a severely under leveled Scootaloo (particularly if you chose not to take her to the Floating Continent) perhaps one last all character average could be called after you get the second airship. I'm not sure if that would work since Scoot is not technically considered "recruited" at that point, but it was just a thought.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Well, according to the event script hex dump, that already happens.

Odd. Every time I've gone to recruit her immediately after that, she's always been at whatever level she was at the Floating continent. Perhaps she's just always been at whatever my level average was at that moment by coincidence.

This is purely the reason why I never recruit Luna anymore during Cadance's solo segment. I take advantage of that level average gimmick buy level grinding Rainbow Dash, Celestia, Cadance, and Scootaloo while they're my only 4 party members. This way, I won't have to level grind all 14 other characters separately.

Legit bug this time. In Starlight Village WoB, the characters referred to as Sunburst and Starlight still look like Double Diamond and Night Glider.
Also, just as a side note, I get why they sell the PaddedSplint in Starlight Village for Scootaloo's sake but how come they don't also sell the Iron Splint that we could already buy back in Ponyville?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Fair point on the shop. The sprites, do you have a screencap? I'm seeing them updated in my rom, so make sure you're up to date ofc, but otherwise the Mobliz events reuse the Duane and Katarin sprites a few times so I may have missed one, a screenshot would help.

I guess I must have had a slightly older version or some such where the names were replaced but not the sprites because its fixed now. By the way, once again, update your updates list with the new stuff you just added.

Hello! Started playing this a few days ago.

Unfortunately, I am running into the same bug as this person mentioned Comment Number 146 (It's from a couple of years ago and was said to be fixed, but maybe it got rebroken?)

Basically during the Flash/Locke and Sunset/Rachael sequence where it hangs at the moment where Sunset is suppose to push Flash off the bridge to save him. Like she moves and the sprite just hangs and it just loops the rumble / screenshake with nothing happening

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Do you have a save state or save file you could pass along so I can test It?

I do! I am using Zsnes 1.51

Here is a link to the save state and savefile

Save file

Save State

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Yup, the old familiar place. Tl;dr, the expanded event data for the rock slide effect is placed in a spot in the rom that one of my editor programs overwrites when I save. I have the data stored to reinsert to the rom after saving in that editor, I'd wager I just forgot to do that last time.

Redownload the rom now and it'll play fine.

Many thank yous!

Just something I was thinking about while also admitting I have not yet made it all the way through 2.0 just yet. As far as I've seen so far at least, the Relic that grants Dash the Bit Shot ability no longer exists. While I still personally don't find it to be very useful, a thought occurred to me in relation to it. It would make perfect sense for Rarity to have bit shot, 1 because she seems to be the richest of the Mane Six and 2 because it makes a weird sort of connection to her being generous (money for all!). My other thought on the matter is that it would make an alternative for anyone who doesn't want to take the time to find all or any of Rarity's skills.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Not a bad idea, and I could see maybe about asking Rydel to make the coin graphic into gemstones or something. The problem there is that there's a finite number of "Change X ability into Y ability" Relics I can do, because of how the coding works - there's five slots for five relics, and it's always specific X into specific Y.

Right now there's Flash's Thief Shoe (Fight to Steal), Apple Bloom's TMite Zapper (Steal to Weapons), Flight Shoes for Jump, Alicorn Amulet for X-Magic, and Fake Mustache for Control.

That does pose a problem then. That kind of kills some other ideas I recall you mulling over before regarding skills you could give to characters through relics.
I personally would not find it useful to turn steal into weapons beings as how relatively weak they are by that point in the game but that's just me.

Oh well. Anyway, I have a minor fix to report. In the Esper Cave, concerning the treasures under the Big Staircase. One of them (lower left) claims to be an Opal Ring but we in fact receive a Pearl Ring. Also, why do we only get 293 Bits buried above the treasure chest? I think it was something like 2000 or so in the original.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

You get both sets of bits in different spots

There is only one set of bits:
Rename Card: One step down and one step to the left from the lowest stairway tile.
Pearl Ring: Six steps down from the Rename Card.
Cupcake: Three steps down and three steps to the right from the lowest stairway tile.
293 Bits: Three steps up from the treasure chest visible here.

Also, before I forget, Ascend takes a really, really, really, long time to activate. Twi stands there for a good 15 seconds before she transforms.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Can you verify if the text says 293 bits and you actually get that many, or if it says 293 but you actually get 2000? Those hidden items are coded a bit oddly.

Its says "You got some bits."

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Okay, that's an easy hex fix then. And yes, Ascend was glitched to take way too long, now it'll take the same amount of time as a spell to cast.

So the download is already ready? Remember to note it in the running tally!

I have not yet made it all the way through 2.0 just yet.

Oh my gosh. This reminded me that I haven't completed 2.0 yet either. I literally stopped AT Final Boss Discord and never went to beat him...

So let's see, in the vanilla this then is designated to Mug (Capture), Control, Jump, X-Magic, and GP Rain. So how do Umaro's oddball relics work then? They give a sort of percentage based chance of doing something other than fight or is there something specific to his auto fighting that this triggers? While this would not necessarily be a solution to GP Rain and Rarity, it could make for some other potentially interesting Relics, notably the Cursed Ring you find in the Esper Cave would be potentially more useful if it gave you a chance to use some other physical move like catscratch (just as an example not necessarily that move). I say this because as it stands, the Cursed Ring is a nice thought on its own, but using it plus the Speed Shoes is simply not as effective as Hero Ring plus Speed Shoes except maybe for Scootaloo who can auto-haste with some of her abilities, but then equipping two weapons plus Hero Ring or having Hero plus Jeweled Ring would still be more effective. This could otherwise potentially be used to give some other character a chance of using Shining Armor's special skill too.
If not any of this, then the Cursed Ring needs some other secondary trait to be worthwhile such as acting as another Hero Ring or a Memento Ring or having some sort of elemental protection or two or something.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Unfortunately it isn't that easy, Umaro is scripted very oddly. How his two Relics work is that the game checks Umaro for those specific Relics according to their item ID, and it will create a random number generator to allow Umaro to randomly use one of his four attacks when he uses the Fight command, the range of the rng changing on which Relics the game detected.

And I simply have no idea how to make that do anything useful now, especially since Umaro is no longer a Berserker.

Small thing. As you know, if you leave the few treasures you find in the caves of Neighsh and leave them for the WoR, they turn into much better stuff. one of them (essentially the first treasure chest of the game) only contains a Stamina Ring if you wait. In other words, the old earth Pony Relic, not even the new one. Really?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Thanks, probably did mean the new one.

So Fluttershy's Nature's Boon Desperation attack is possibly not working the way it was intended. It cast's a series of stat buffs as far as I can tell including Life 3. The problem, it also does a small amount of damage that is enough to kill Fluttershy at low HP, negating all the effects it just cast on her...

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Oops, looks like I forgot to flag it as a heal. I'll have a fix a little later.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

And fixed, sorry its late.

No problem at all. I've been busy the last few days too.

Something I forgot to bring up, the flavor text of the Chaos Darts claim they berserk the user. They don't.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Odd, it's set to. No status-resisting stuff?

Eenope. Even if its the only thing equipped, no berserk.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Does the Shadow Split still Berserk you?

As coincidence would have it, I'm smack in the middle of the Phoenix Cave so I'll tell you later. Maybe Berserk doesn't work because its on a weapon? Maybe the flag thinks its supposed to proc Berserk as an attack. Though of course it doesn't do that either because no percentage chance proc has been designated or something.

Comment posted by DrakeyC deleted Jun 26th, 2018
DrakeyC
Group Admin

No, the flag to put a status on the user is different from the flag to inflict it on a target. It may be though that it doesn't work on weapons. My first guess is that the Berserk flag may be broken entirely, since I'm sure an earlier glitched version of the weapon confused Pinkie.

Shadow Splint doesn't appear to make you berserk off hand but definitely makes you confused. Unfortunately, the only relics that block confusion also block berserk so I can only say it probably doesn't berserk you.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I'll have a look at the coding then, it may take until tomorrow for a fix. If it can't be fixed I'll come up with a new effect.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Try it now, changed it to inflict Confuse (will hold on formal update post for confirmation)

Comment posted by GWFan deleted Jun 27th, 2018

Downloaded from the main forum. No apparent change. Pinkie still fully controllable. On a side note, Shadow Splint still confuses if that flag was changed at all.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Very odd, perhaps it just doesn't work for weapons then.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

So it may be that this can't be done, weapons aren't coded to inflict the user with status ailments like armor is. But on further thought, do you think its needed? The weapon has the Valiant Knife effect, yes, but only 100 base power and stat bonuses aren't a think. Maybe it's just fine?

If berserk can truly be considered a hindrance. But yes, it definitely is not overpowered since it somewhat requires a grounded Flash Sentry to work effectively depending on the dungeon. The only thing that disappoints me about it is berserk would be useful for the Colosseum in relation to beating the Maniac whom I still haven't figured a way to defeat yet outside of being high leveled. I had no idea Hair Snap ignores evasion.

• Viewing 401 - 450 of 499