Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 499 )
  • Viewing 301 - 350 of 499
DrakeyC
Group Admin

5582694 I'd wager it's due to Emulate, since that overwrites status and status immunities. Checking the editor the relic is flagged to prevent Death properly. Can you test on another party member?

5584080 Yeah, after testing it, it really is because of Emulate. Any monster vulnerable to instant death makes her vulnerable regardless of relics. But it's odd that it works that way since it doesn't overwrite protection from other status effects like Blind.

P.S. I'm still seeing boss monsters using attacks on themselves. Killer Tonberry, and... the wrath in the magic tower... (Forgot its name...)

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5584101 Killer Tonberry?

EDIT - Oh, K. Tonberry. Was supposed to be King, actually. :raritywink: Which attacks did they use on themselves?

5584107 Oh... King Tonberry... Well I'm smart... Clearly I know Final Fantasy. (sarcasm)

Anyway, the Magic Tower's Wrath used... I think it was called Phantasm on himself. I remember reporting that earlier. And the K. Tonberry just randomly uses elemental spells on himself. It would be a smart strategy, if they actually healed him. But they don't... Phantasm has been consistent. K. Tonberry has been random after a Wall Change.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5584111 Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

http://prnt.sc/cy3z6i

I can see the Squizard has improved, but was there supposed to be a message here? It's blank. And then he cast Meteor.

Edit: Defeating him still crashes the game. Though, I haven't updated since the fix for him being in the airship.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5585943 Send me a save where the fight is accessible and I'll see about fixing the crash.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5586753 Well the good news is the Squizard works fine on my version without any changes. *shrug*. But I have a couple other bugs here so I'll upload a new rom shortly.

Got 2 more glitches here... although the first one I'm not sure how to describe...

The way this one happened was, Celestia was Discorded, then turned to Stone. The battle ended, and she was no longer Discorded, but still had 0 HP. This was its result. Being alive with 0 HP.

Self explanatory, I think...

And this last one isn't really a glitch, but rather an oversight I think.

Here's the thing... We already took care of Chrysalis here...

Edit: Also, a little note. I don't know if this was intentional, but it's kinda odd that the Ultimate Spear in the game, the Stormherald, is like the only spear that doesn't increase evasion.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5591114 I recall the first one to is in vanilla too, probably a patch for it.

Second one. What's up?

Second one. What's up?

Celestia is kinda, stuck there, while everypony does their individual speech.

I said 2 glitches, but there were also 2 things I believe were oversights. Were those last 2 oversights or intentional?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5591339 Oversights, I'll take care of them. Thanks.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5591114 The first is fixable via a patch, though I need to verify it's compatible with my hack.

The Celestia glitch, I honestly have no idea. The action script for that event has not changed.

A couple of script errors and the Stormherald evasion buff will be added in a patch tomorrow, they're not urgent and I'm a bit short on time atm.

The Celestia glitch, I honestly have no idea. The action script for that event has not changed.

Are you sure you're looking at the alternate path for that? I believe with a full party, Twilight's the one to take that action. So the replacement of that would be Celestia, who's one of the 3 required characters to recruit so that can't change. It might have something to do with Celestia's flag, and/or maybe something is blocking her path as a result.

My... D. Diamond. Have you lost weight?

Also, talking to the dog makes the screen flash.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5595376 I'm just curious, how many times do you intend to play through this game. :rainbowwild: You either really love it or are really bored. :moustache:

EDIT - Occurs to me you played to the end to see stuff without party members there and are now going to get them. Still, you said earlier you've played it three times now?

5595479 Well, first playthrough was, well, first experience. Second playthrough I don't entirely remember. I believe it was to find ways to play through it better, and try alternate things that almost no one would do. (Like taking Fluttershy to Neighshe alone) I think it was also to try and find the best course of action for taking on Maneiac in the collosseum. And this 3rd playthrough is to see all the finished stuff.

Plus, I've also been doing a lot of searches for glitches. Speaking of which:

That's not the foal that was in that house earlier...

As for how many times I intend to play this... well... let's just say I lost count at how many times I played through Equestriabound before doing my Scootaloo playthrough videos of that. I don't think this 3rd playthrough will be my last. But like you said, I'm now doing the rest of the side-quests that I didn't do yet.

I also love doing stupid things like this!

Does Pinkie Pie's shading look like that for you normally, just on the group formation screen, or only when triggering this glitch?

5596224 Pinkie Pie's shading? What do you mean? She looks fine to me.

The shading on her body in that image is white, when it should be dark pink

5597014 If you're talking about the white pixels on her body, then yes. They appear there with and without the glitch. Although oddly enough, outside of the menu, those pixels are purple.

I took these screenshots a while ago, but I forgot to post them here.

These first 2 are instances of characters having their named called by their default name rather than their registered name.

This next one might be just me, but I'm not sure if Celestia would use the word, 'idiot' to describe someone.

And one last thing I wanna mention. I'm not sure if this is intentional... but Maud takes, 1 damage, from Dark Horn.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5606012 The first one is an oversight, the second one is deliberate, the third one ditto.

Dark Horn, is Maud's Def at 255? That'll do that to physical blows.

5606034 "Ditto"?

And yeah... It looks like anypony who has 255 defense take 1 damage from any and all physical attacks that aren't defense piercing. Some characters can achieve this through Dragon and 3 armor dragon equipment.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

"ditto" - same thing.

Yeah that's how FF6 does it too.

Rainbow Dash is unable to use the Adamant Sword, even though she is able to use other swords, such as the Golden one right above it.

The cursor is unable to get to the Dark Horse in this battle without first killing one of the Exorays.

Bio rods target self when chosen from both the item menu and the throw menu. They also are single target, unlike other rods which target all enemies.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5614758 Check, thanks.

I know I said I lost my saves and likely wouldn't be posting any more bugs, but I can't stay away from this game.

When Pinkie Pie is recruited, she comes equipped with a Steel Splint, even though she's not actually able to equip one.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5620355 Whoops. Thanks.

In the Neighshe classroom, Cheerilee's eyes change colours as she walks.

The music in the classroom is the theme song. For some reason, at the end of the song, I have some weird sounds that play, and then the music volume is lowered until I leave. Here's a save state of when it happens.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6qtz5zzo1bawzl/Filly_Fantasy_VI_Version_1.0.zst

Also, is there anywhere to buy shields for the characters who can't use Steel, Silver, Gold, and Adamant? I've only got 2 Thick Splints between 4 characters who need them and can't find any more.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5622184 I'm aware of the music, it happens sometimes but I doubt there is much I can do, it's likely the song itself.

The shield, depends where you are in the game.

I'm in WoR. Normally I'd just give these characters elemental splints, but I'm attempting a natural magic game, and thus they're not allowed because they teach level two elemental spells.

5623605 Well, there's one Shield you can get that can be equipped with anypony. But it's not one you can buy. It's the Crystal Splint. Read below if you wish to know how to get it.

Steal Scale Splints from the Basilisks. (They can be found just outside of Neighshe) Take them to the Collosseum to win a Crystal Splint. But the enemy you face isn't all that easy, so it may take you a few tries. (All because of Flare)

I know about Crystal Splints and how to get them. They're a bit out of my reach though, partially because I don't have much in the way to deal with flare and other fire damage, and partially because I need to have somepony who can steal to get them. I guess I'll have to get through either the Zone Eater area or Phoenix Cave before I can use more than two of the characters together.

5623703 Well, they also have a chance at dropping them, so that's an option too. Otherwise, yeah, I don't think there's much way to protect against any element without having an equipment that allows learning spells. Though, you won't be learning spells using them in the Collosseum. Also, there's no way to protect from Flare aside from having lots of HP and Runic.

Rarity doesn't seem to be able to learn Moonbeam from Pinkie using it by partying Cosmic Light. Or by Trixie mimicking Pinkie using it.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but Trixie is able to wear the CrusaderCape relic. Is Trixie secretly a member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders? Or does she just like wearing capes?

5629528 The first question I suppose would be was Rarity under blindness? If yes, that's why she didn't learn it. If no then likely a bug.

5629528 "Anything they can do, Trixie can do better!" Except being an Alicorn in certain ways.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5629528 That is purposeful, Pinkie Pie's Moonbeam is a separate but identical ability from the Moonbeam that Rarity can learn.

Yes, Trixie is meant to equip the Crusader Cape, it's a stealth reference to a fanfic of mine I was writing at the time where Trixie is made an honorary Crusader at the end and given her own cape.

Not sure if it's a bug, but I keep getting one shot a lot at random. In the river section with Luna, I died twice to RNG with nothing I could do about it due to one hit kills; the ghost train was also particularly annoying for this, since while on the train, the low amount of bits dropped meant that usually I lost out of resources after every fight and almost got completely stuck several hours into the game. Also, outside of Trottingham, the Iron Hoof guys have Stone, which I've seen one hit my whole party out of nowhere, dealing 300-1200 damage (with my AJ at the time having 380 HP).

Otherwise, I haven't noticed much.

The stone attack where the enemies throw stones deal I think like 8 times the damage if you're at the same level as the enemy "casting" the spell

The description for the DragonScale armor is as follows: "Made foCostume of a famous hero." And the part that says "hero" is cut off partly at the end so that the "o." is on the next next line.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5650852 I know the reason, another patch oversight I forgot to fix. Not a priority TBH but I'll make note of it.

I know from a much earlier save state that the Golden Claws are still in the programming but they are now not available for sale anywhere in the world in Balance or Ruin.

As long as we are on the subject of weapons, perhaps I should mention that Luna's ultimate weapon is still a staff and the only staff she can equip in the game. (Besides the dragon one anyway)

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5653820 Yeah, that's intended, to parallel Celestia's weapon. As least for Rods/Claws, weapon type doesn't change the weapon's properties as long as its stat boosts are the same.

The Pegasus Ring teaches you Scour for some reason. Apparently those wings are tipped in poison or something.

• Viewing 301 - 350 of 499