Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 499 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 499
DrakeyC
Group Admin

5505609 I'll fix it shortly.

5505623 Tested and both victory and loss work as normal now.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

So the peace ring supposedly prevents the Discorded/zombie status. Doesn't seem to work as intended, half of my party still gets afflicted in the memorial. The other two have ribbons, they still work fine.

5509908 Yup, I looked at the data in FF3usME, and it blocks Berserk and Confusion but not Zombie, so it was two thirds there. :P

One more thing, the mediafire link in the Final Beta topic is for the current version of the ROM, correct? The Hero Cosplay is still causing my emulator to crash (ZSNES, dunno what version).

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5510070 Fixed, thanks.

Just tried it again, the hero cosplay still causes crashing issues. Works for 1-2 battles, then a garbled mess of MissingNo's shows up when the battle music starts, then ZSNES crashes.
Got the .smc file from the mediafire link, and just replaced the old rom. Wasn't necessary to change the name of any files.

Also, Odin/Steamer's petrified remains continue to exist after getting his magicite. Can't walk on those tiles, nothing appears to be there, still can "talk" to the statue and acquire the magicite multiple times.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Can someone else verify the Odin/Steamer glitch?

I'll look into the Hero Cosplay.

This one is actually from the vanilla game.
There is an invisible land bridge here in South Figaro Ponyville during Locke's Flash's scenario right in the center of the screen, directly behind the building.

Not sure if you care about removing that one or not, as the most I can tell is it just let's you skip having to steal the soldier uniform to get past a guard, so you can just go directly to the cider merchant.
More of a time saving short-cut, but some people consider it worth removing so I figured it was worth mentioning.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5526268 I'm aware and okay with that, actually. Thanks though.

Interacting with this dog causes the room to dim momentarily. He also doesn't bark.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/S3RwhwF.png

Not sure if this actually is a bug or not, but the ScaledCostum's actual stats don't match what's shown in the picture. It's much less, in the defense department, at the very least.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

The four Dragon items only activate the true stats under Dragon status.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

The last one here is Snowman Jazz, only obtainable in the World of Ruin.

I'll look into the Heavy Hoof glitch.

EDIT - I renamed it "Power Band" but didn't change the dialogue. That's why.

I've found a few bugs, but I'm not on the latest version, so I'm not sure if they've been fixed or not. I haven't seen them mentioned in this thread.

After I grabbed Maud in Neishe, there's been the letters ou in the bottom left corner of the status screen.

Probably related to the previous bug, in Trixie's list of commands, the text for the command for boulder is missing. It's still able to be selected.

During this fight, Cyclon changes from its normal graphic to this. It looked correct at the beginning of the battle. It happened every time I fought Platinum, so possibly it's something in the fight that's doing this?

When Scootaloo uses the Ninja rage and gets Fire Edge, or the Assassin rage and gets Bolt Edge, she takes a step forward, but doesn't take a step back. Repeatedly using those rages can make Scootaloo move right up to the enemy.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Send me a save state or file from before fighting Platinum, please, I'll take a look at things.

Unfortunately I defeated Platinum earlier today and don't have any save from before the fight. I did find that the Cyclone graphical glitch also happens in the third tier of the final battle. After spamming Cyclon on Girl/Sleep, I'm thinking it's Quasar that's doing it.

5553877 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6427657/Filly%20Fantasy%20VI%20-%20Final%20Beta.z14

Here's a Save State, Save State 14, which is just before the fight with all three of the Warring Triad.

I think if you watch DM-Pon3000's LP, it showed the same issue and it did happen starting once Quasar was cast.
I think that animation works by drawing what you're actually seeing with the glitch, then drawing an image mask over it. The title screen works the same way. I'm guessing Quasar is somehow unloading or overwriting that image mask. I'm not sure what you can do other than not putting graphically complicated attacks like Quasar on the same enemy as Cyclone.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5553171 I believe someone else has reported the Scootaloo glitch, or something similar. It's an oversight in the way the game codes animations, some of them have it coded into them to have the character step forward and then step back, others don't. I'd guess Scootaloo steps forward when using the Emulate, then steps forward when throwing the Skean, and only steps back one step?

I've seen that glitch related to Boulder ability above, but way back in Pony Fantasy. Basically, there are too many abilities that Trixie could potentially learn so they overflow into the other status screen (basically, because Summon was restored as an additional ability). In Pony, there were three abilities too many, so three abilities that were otherwise considered useless or overpowered were removed. If you simply remove Boulder, or some other ability from the list, it will be fixed.

RELEASE 1.0 BUG.

After the conversation between Celestia, Flash, and Twily upon escaping from Canterlot, the screen fades to black to head back to the overworld, but it just stays black.

Gonna do some save-state scumming to see if there's anything in particular that causes it.

EDIT: Yeah, nothing in particular seems to cause it. Game just does not want to progress past that conversation.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5562572 Send me a save state please.

The same thing happens for me. It fades to black and then there's nothing but the music.

Here's a save state from the beginning of their conversation.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6qtz5zzo1bawzl/Filly_Fantasy_VI_Version_1.0.zst

I can confirm I have the same problem. I use Snes9x 1.53 (64 bit).

EDIT: Just found out that there was a new version for Snes9x (1.54) that got released two days ago. Tried it, and it doesn't work either.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

This has been fixed, an updated rom will be made available very shortly.

I think the word "each" is missing between "hate" and "other".

This poor Sentry Dog bit itself to death after I killed its group. It was three turns of bite aimed at itself in a row. I assume it's supposed to flee like other dogs, or something similar, rather than kill itself.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Yes, it is. Thanks.

The new residents of Griffonstone look nice, but a couple of them have a floating pixel following them around. The first picture it's above his head as he's walking downwards, and the second between his body and arm as he's walking upwards.

5562572 5562987 I'm having the same issue too.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5570522 This has already been fixed, redownload the Rom.

5567946 Were those pixels in the final release version? I thought I already fixed them.

It's not really a bug, but the scene when going this way before the factory is soldiers operating the machine and causes a fight against Crunch. Crunch doesn't look so much like a machine. Also, are the Crystal Armors in Rainbow Falls when you're playing as Shining Armour also Crunches?

This confused Flan thinks it's casting Fire on itself, but that blinking yellow square doesn't look or act like fire.

Zecora's first word should probably be I'm.

Yes, this was the final release version from the official release thread.

A word is missing in the second sentence. I'm guessing it should be "Never heard of them!"

First A should probably be An.

Before Knight Shade introduces himself, he's called Night whenever he talks. He's then called Knight in all textboxes after.

This is what the floating continent looked like as it rose to the sky.

Comment posted by DrakeyC deleted Oct 18th, 2016
DrakeyC
Group Admin

5573311 Ouch. I'll take a look.

Something in the fight with a DkBehemoth crashes the game. I've got a save state at the beginning of the battle, just perform any damaging move and wait for results.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6qtz5zzo1bawzl/Filly_Fantasy_VI_Version_1.0.zst

I've had various things happen, such as emulator crashes, black screens, game resets, and this:

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Just want to add I had DkBehemoth crash on me once as well, but I wasn't able to replicate it so I didn't report it thinking it was just one of those weird bugs that only pops up once. (Though I didn't exactly do extensive testing on it either.)

Alright, so after some more playtesting I can safely say DkBehemoth is broken...

Sometimes it's a whole game crash like this, other times it just soft locks and the music keeps playing but nobody can take any turns. (One time I could even still pause.)
I'm not sure exactly what's causing it, but it seems to happen after so many turns pass, regardless of what actions I take.
Maybe it has something to do with his "Sleep" action, even when he did use it he used it on one of my allies and not on himself, which I'm sure isn't supposed to happen.

I found quite a few minor glitches and errors, but I'll put them all into one post later. Right now I'm reporting a major one.

The Behemoth in the Floating Continent, the second it takes damage, the game crashes. Here's a save state of that fight. Savestate 10.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6427657/Filly%20Fantasy%20VI%20Version%201.0.z10

DrakeyC
Group Admin

A problem has been found with enemy AI scripts in general due to a patch conflict. I hope to have it fixed over the weekend now that I have time to devote to it.

Another small glitch for you, though easy compared to the above ones. Salespony on WoR airship won't do anything if you try to talk to him. Weird, considering it worked before.

Hey Babs. Uh... Hello other Babs? Um... Other Babs, I think there's something on your face... I'll get it out! Guards! Changeling!

Not a bug per say, but I've run into an interesting problem. In WoB, Ponyville is the only town you can purchase Peace Rings in and I kind of need two more of those for early parts of the next dungeon... :raritydespair: You used to be able to get them in Trottingham.

Um... What?! This pony here activates the Squizard Battle!

Edit: Also, winning this battle just crashes the game.

P.S. This battle can get stuck in a really long loop of Scootaloo with just Dark Behemoth being impossible for the Squizard to kill thanks to all the elemental healing, and because of the Squizard's stats...

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5581103 Check.

5581123 Already fixed, re-download. As for the battle crashing, I'll take a look. Scootaloo - don't do that then. :derpytongue2:

5580506 Check.

Not sure if this has to do with the Collosseum or Emulate, but despite wearing the Memento Ring, the Death spell still affects Scootaloo. It says: "Protects from fatal magic attacks."

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 499