Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 499 )
  • Viewing 451 - 500 of 499

Owzer's Mansion, the room with the floating treasure chests, the chest on the far right claims to give you a 'Pearll Ring' (yes, with two 'L's') but after looking through my inventory (and looking back and forth between save states) I definitely did not get a Pearl Ring but am not sure what if anything I got. (Wasn't money either.)

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Looks like it was just a Moisterizer. Fixed.

Fixed to say Moisturizer or give you a Pearl Ring? I'm not even sure how, but I already have three Pearl Rings that were given to me in various places. This strikes me as a point where you don't need Pearl Rings anymore.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Fixed to give you a Pearl Ring.

So if you try to go into Rainbow Falls with Sweetie and Rarity to activate the Rover side-quest, Sweetie says "e...e...e...e...e...e" and then the game effectively freezes as we sit on a blank text box. Every time you press the accept button to get through the blank text box, Sweetie blinks briefly as if the game is trying to do something.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Can you PM me a save state please.

CrusaderClaw claims to use MP for critical hits. It does not.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Hm, the flag for it is set right. I'll look into the coding.

EDIT - All seems in order, and it worked on my file. No screen flash when Bloom attacks to note the critical? She has above 0 MP?

Comment posted by GWFan deleted Jul 6th, 2018

Weird, it definitely was not working earlier and then the next time I tried it in a different area, it worked just fine. Not sure what happened there.
On a slightly related note, if you bring Apple Bloom with you to AJ's Nightmare, Apple Bloom appears purple before she rejoins the party. Unfortunately, I'm already saved a bit past this so I can't really give a save state, but if need be, it should be simple enough to recruit AJ on the one I sent before and take AB to the dream fairly quickly.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

That's a familiar bug, happened in vanilla too with Gogo. It's a minor one though, tbh I'm not worried.

Okay then. It turns out I do have a save state right there in the room though, with her on screen even.

Comment posted by GWFan deleted Jul 15th, 2018

Came across an interesting bug that, as far as I can tell, was not present in the vanilla. If you use Control on the Brachiosaur (and succeed) the game will freeze upon returning to Sweetie Belle's turn.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I'll have a look

DrakeyC
Group Admin

To be check:

Any problems Controlling other monsters?
Can you Sketch the Brachosaur properly?
Can Trixie Control the Brachosaur?
The Brachosaur's Control commands are Attack, Special, Disaster, and Step Mine. The latter two attacks work properly when used in other circumstances?

Same thing happens when Trixie tries to Control. No problem controlling any other monsters I've tried otherwise. Sketch works fine against him. Possibly of note, when the turn gets to Sweetie Belle's or Trixie's turn, the options for the Brachiosaurs moves are darkened as if you can't select them, the game freezes immediately after that menu pops up.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

No status ailments on any target to speak of?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

For the moment I'm implementing a pseudo-fix, because I genuinely don't think the Brachosaur should vulnerable to Control in the first place, so now it isn't. But I still intend to ask what might cause this on FF6hacking, if you encounter it with another enemy please let me know.

Nope. I'm under vanish at the start of the fight but it doesn't effect other monsters and the same thing happened when I started the battle without vanish. However, I tried making a video to show off the glitch and something really strange happened. If he uses Disaster at the start of the battle, it seems like Control works fine. I know in the vanilla he only has two moves to choose from when under Control so that change could be a factor too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Nc0gvZcw0&feature=youtu.be

On a side note, I tried controlling that Mantodea enemy who is at the beginning of the video and if you choose Wind Slash, you are not given any choice of whom he can attack. He automatically attacks the party with it.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Its not the commands, even putting it back to just Battle and Special, it happens.

As for Wind Slash, try it now, rom updated.

That was fast. So much for the easy strategy against the Brach. I tried fighting Mantodea again and you can select the enemies (and only the enemies) to use Wind Slash against but he will still attack the party with it regardless.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Then I plain don't know, the targeting data for Wind Slash is identical to vanilla. Sorry.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

So, someone took a shot in the dark and it was true - the reason Control of Brachosaur was freezing the game? It had too much MP. Dunno why, but if an enemy has the MP cap of 65535, Control of them doesn't work properly.

:pinkiegasp: Interesting. Of all the odd causes.

So here's something that took me forever to notice. Despite its flavor text, the Vampire Sword does not absorb or drain HP in any manner. Unless the meaning of draining HP was that it can proc the Death spell.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Seems I tagged it to randomly inflict Death instead. Actually not sure which would be more useful now. I think maybe leave it a low-power Death proccer and just rename it?

Perhaps. I already use it for the purposes of procing Death in the Colosseum as well as teaching Death relatively early on. There is still the Stealth which several but not all of the same characters can equip which is effectively the same thing. The only reason I noticed is because I was looking for a more reliable method for beating the Man-iac in the Colosseum or more specifically getting around her Fallen One combined with an ignores evasion Hair Snap. Its the only thing that makes that fight difficult since evasion tanks can handle everything else she does.

So I've made three videos in advance for the weekend and discovered one minor and one major thing. The minor one, the pony walking around nearest the Auction House in Trottingham mentions the Gallery Owner's diary. But the diary is no longer in the game.
The major thing, I tried to collect the Crystal Heat but it wasn't there for some reason. After thinking about it a while, I have to wonder if maybe its accidentally connected to the Magic Crown since I couldn't find the Crown in my old save state but found the Heart, and the opposite is true in this run. If that is the case, I might be screwed out of it even if you do fix the problem... Not the worst thing in the world but I do have a couple of uses for it, one of them being learning Holy before fighting Chrysalis.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Can you PM me a save file from after acquiring the Airship, please? I'll take a look and try to have a fix by tomorrow.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Well, the diary still appears if you try to go up the stairs with the lights off.

The Magic Crown and Crystal Heart glitch is fixed, and you can find the Crystal Heart like normal.

Awesome. Thanks.

Remember when you changed the spell name lengths and Pinkie's Themes became misaligned with the cursor? Turns out the same thing happened with the Magitech command options.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Check, I'll look into it.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

ah, was fortunately an easy fix, updated the download with such

Control in general is slightly messed up. Nothing game breaking but the third ability in the list always appears blank (though it is still a standard ability that does something like Firebird using Meltdown despite blank text) and the fourth slot (if it has one) does not always show up correctly (GTBehemoth in the final dungeon has an ability that says "r Flood" buts its actually Blizzaga) or is the correct ability but in some cases is so long it exceeds the size of the box. Perhaps the extended names of spells moved the position of some things when it comes to calling them or displaying them for Control? Not sure about that one.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Sounds like it. I'll have a look, thanks

Quasar's description still claims that it ignores defense.
There's also a rather interesting exploit I found for fighting Puddinghead that you'll see in the next few days though I debate whether it should even be fixed (or how it happened in the first place for that matter because it makes no sense).

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Check.

What happened with Puddinghead?

So the new way of using Stop that you gave him is technically a magic attack. For some reason if you use Image, the attack will miss and without using up any images so you can indefinitely defend against it that way. Makes no sense because its a magic attack effected by a physical evasion spell. But its a neat exploit.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Yup, small oversight, I'll fix it. Sorry if you've already recorded.

I did but I can just re-record it. Now its easily going to be the most difficult fight again. Fortunately I saved it for last all the same.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Hm, odd, it's already flagged as physical. Can you PM me a save file for testing please.

In the second tier Havoc, Bedlam, and Mayhem have visible names. The last one does not.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Check, fixed

:rainbowlaugh: Upon defeating Discord, Cadence says "everybody" rather than "everypony."

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Thanks for the heads up, Neighsay. :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 451 - 500 of 499