Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I'm thinking about maybe putting a few hundred into some startup company as something of a trial. From what I can tell it's ind of like a stock in the company that gives you a larger share but is harder to sell.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

A very easy way to do it is with cryptocurrencies. The investment is called ICO in that case (Inicial Coin Offering). All you have to do is pay them some cryptocurrency and you get their coins in return. They're worthless at the start, but if their project succeeds, they're worth a lot.

The nice thing about ICOs is that you can easily sell their coin once they put it on an exchange.

I can't tell you anything about the actual crowdfunding, though. Somepony else will have to step in for that.

I decided I'd rather own a portion of an actual company, even though it's probably even riskier than bitcoins and it might be years before I see a return. But if you ever read about like, Amazon buying Cuddle Clones for uh.... 100 billion dollars then you'll know I became a millionaire off of a single $100 investment. That could happen, right?:moustache:

There's a ton of websites where you can do venture capitalism. Microventures is the one I used.

Apparently such a thing only recently became legal for the non-rich. There's very strict limits to how much you can invest in such companies depending on your net worth.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

6537645 You could also just lend money to the companies who want to borrow money to expand. You won't become a millionaire, but it's way less risky and you know in advance how much you'll get.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4