Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Bad Dragon
Group Admin

In this thread, we discuss the prospects of cryptocurrencies.

Feel free to bring new information to the table or post questions that you have.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

You all know about Bitcoin and you've probably heard of Ethereum. Well, there are thousands more of cryptocurrencies out there and new ones are popping up every day. How can you pick the right one if there are so many?

Everyone agrees that a bubble is forming in cryptocurrencies. If the bubble pops, you could lose everything.

There is one exception that I know of. It's called Xaurum. Its value correlates to the amount of physical gold. This amount can only increase with time and never decrease (the longer you hold Xaurum, the more gold it's worth). If all the markets collapse, you can still get your gold because there's actually a physical gold for every unit of Xaurum. You can exchange your units for gold at any point in time, even if Xaurum collapses (the amount of gold you get would still stay the same).

You can read more about it here:
http://www.xaurum.org/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/xaurum/

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Ethereum has lost 50%. Is that a buying opportunity or a sign that the end is near?
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ethereum-has-lost-175-billion-in-market-value-in-4-weeks-2017-07-11?siteid=bnbh

Dogecoin is safe, right? I hear it's backed by Doge himself!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

6019575 Why am I not surprised Dogecoin is a thing?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Here is a list of some of the most popular cryptocurrencies and the problems they're attempting to solve:
http://ethereumworldnews.com/looking-top-70-altcoins-problems-theyre-looking-solve/

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Bitcoin was on the rise since 2017.7.17, but is falling sharply once again.

If the market can pass through 2600.00 level and MA50, the next reversal zones will be near MA100, 2200.00, 2000.00 and 1850.00 support levels.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSDT/xRyVYTcf-Bitcoin-Reversal-Zones/

Edit:
My personal opinion is that after Segwit (2017.08.01) [see the video for more info], bitcoin will go up (if the transition succeeds).

So did you invest in Doge when I told you to? I've literally made tens of thousands off of this thing from an initial 200 dollar investment. You have been getting 10,000%+ returns on your investments.... right?:trixieshiftleft:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7481175 I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I'm sorry for a lot of things.

I've made some bad investments. Lost lots of money.

There were some decent ones here and there, as well, but they do little to subdue the regrets of the bad ones.

In the end, I basically stressed out for years for no gain.

I tried so hard. I tried to get all the info. I wrote a freaking book about indicators. Wasted years, planning angles.

Investing kind of broke me. It's also partially a reason why I stopped writing. It's hard to spend time on something if you fear you might lose thousands of $ because you're not paying attention to the market, you know?

I'm entirely out of the market now, watching bitcoin go to the Moon without me. I'm just procrastinating my life away so that I don't have to deal with all this.

After you lose dozens on dozens of fights, you also start to lose the will to fight, you know? I'm just burnt and tired.

Ah dang, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything! Was just joking around.

I'll admit I've made mostly good investments over the last few years, though. It really shouldn't have been too hard to make a profit in the last four or so years. Just by stable companies that pay decent dividends and leave your money in long term is my advice. Every time I did regret a decision in the market it was always because I was trying to outsmart it, taking my money out too early.

I actually had a thousand dollars in Gamestop when it was 6 bucks, for example, but I took it all out at like, less than 20. That turned out to be a mistake but no way I could have predicted that one. Guess just gotta be happy with the winds I do get.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7481203 No worries. My problems are my own.

I actually expected a recession this year. I did not expect new highs.

Letting winners keep winning is a good strategy during a bull market. However, during a bear market, this strategy can bankrupt you.

All strategies only work until they don't.

Well the real question is how long can you leave your money in. Statistically speaking, even if there's a recession as bad as 2008 this year, I'll still make a profit by the time my retirement fund matures. The stock market has lots of short term losses you gotta stomach on the way to that 6+% average return. It's certainly not for everyone, though. You gotta take into account your risk tolerance and ability to take losses over the course of 1-2 years sometimes.

From the sound of things, you might be better off putting it into bonds for now. Or maybe real estate if you can afford it, though it's likely in a bubble right now.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7481261 Yes, the economy has been growing for hundreds of years. But even that 'rule' only holds true until it doesn't.

I was thinking of staking it in ETH. But then I thought, that it would be better to buy it when it drops than to buy it 'at the top'. And then it shot to the Moon without me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13