Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Post your investing tips for January here.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

There's a top and the bottom tunnel for oil. Can you see it?

It's clear that we're on the top now. Oil might go down in January before it gets up again in February.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

The price of oil in the next few years is expected to be between 45 and 60 $.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

The bonds will be a bad investment in the next few years when inflation all over the world rises.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

USA interest rates may be rising faster in 2017. That means stronger $ which means less imports which means potential decline in economy which translates to lower stock values.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/interest-rate-hikes-might-come-at-faster-pace---fed-minutes-show-2017-01-04?siteid=bnbh

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

2017 may be the year of the Russia.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-russias-soaring-stocks-could-keep-climbing-in-a-blockbuster-2017-2017-01-05

Things are picking up in Russia, and with their market undervalued, there are plenty of opportunities to make a profit. From all the news I read, I'm actually switching camps from Turkey to Russia.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Trump's aggressive pro-growth agenda could cause a spike of inflation. Do you know what a primary cause of recessions is? That's right, a spike of inflation.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

5760628 Thank you for letting me know that. I appreciate it.

I've been writing these tips for years for myself, but then I figured that I might as well write them in a forum so they could help somepony else, as well. That's why I started this group.

However, knowing that I'm not the only one reading these tips, there might be more tips posted in the future than there would be otherwise.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

The Shiller Cyclically Adjusted P/E [CAPE] Ratio hit 28 in recent days. On two previous occasions when the CAPE Ratio touched this level or higher, the market flipped over into a bear market. The ratio was near this level in 2007 just before the financial crisis. Additionally, it was just above its current level in 2000 before the tech bust and in 1929 leading into the Great Depression. It doesn't take a sophisticated analysis to see that the CAPE Ratio at this level has been a dangerous precedent in the past. Many are urging investors to exercise extreme caution in portfolios.

Source: Zacks

In short: Stocks can go a lot lower from the highs they are on.

On the other hoof, some markets still didn't get enough attention and have a vast potential for the upside. Here's a chart of how much profit you're expected to get in the next 10 years from geographical markets:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

What about currencies, you ask? It is estimated that in 2017:
- European Euro will rise.
- American $ will fall.
- Japan's Jen will fall.
- Switch Frank will fall.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

There wasn't a single day in January where we would get more than 1% drop in stocks. When that happened before (about 8 times), the following year yield approximately +10%. If we deduce from that alone, we're in for a good year. Still doesn't mean it won't be a wild ride on the way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12