HarmonyDev 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51
Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

Okay then!

Hello, all of you wonderful people. This is where we start out journey.

But first, preparations must be made.

This thread is here for that.

Here, we'll organise ourselves so we can all work better. I hope we'll all have a lot of fun and create something brilliant in the end.

Here are some things that need the whole team's input. The chosen suggestions will be bold-ed:

Final Name Of The Game

Suggestions Are:

Sing For Armaggedon

Sing To Oblivion

Team/Studio Name

Suggestions Are:

Elemental Games

Kindest Productions

Total Construct Studios

Windigo Games

Everfree Games

Logo

Heads/Leaders

One for each area. You may nominate anyone but yourself.

Head Programmer:

Head Writer:

Head Modeller:

Head Artist:

Main Composer/Head Of Audio:

Game Engine

Unity3D 5

Programming Languages

JavaScript

C#

Current Codename of the Game

DISRUPTION

That's it for now. Please check this thread for updates. :twilightsmile:

If you like a suggestion, feel free to vote for it.

Comment posted by Gamerguy1313 deleted Dec 12th, 2015

4916035 "Team/Studio Name" Suggestion.

Kindest Productions.

Name for Game: Sing to Oblivion (I'll probably come up with something better in a while).
Team/Studio Name: Harmony Systems (Although Project Harmony and Harmony Inc. are pretty cool too), Legacy Visuals

Will keep adding ideas as they come.

Gamerguy1313
Group Admin

4916035 I think Project: Harmony is a great name for us.

A team name would also be

"Total Construct Systems"

4916035 I'm bad at coming up with names, but I might as well throw some suggestions out.
Game name: Race against Time, Dark Fates.

Team Name: Friendship Studios, Magical Games.

Logo: The Shadow of an Alicorn.

Oh dear lord. So many people will be fighting over the Head Writer's position.

Hang on I got this,

HORN INDUSTRIES,
GAMING: PONIFIED

4916035 But seriously, I think we should stick with Project: Harmony.

Gamerguy1313
Group Admin

4916035 If we do pick a name involving "Harmony" we could use the Elements of Harmony has our logo, but put a twist on it.

4916115 great idea, I'm not great at drawing alicorn tho :p

4916141 Same, the only thing I can actually draw are trees. And I highly doubt an okay looking tree as a logo would attract people to our game

4916128 Probably, but I hope someone qualified gets picked. I don't really think I'll get picked, but it'll be awhile before I can look over everyone's work to make a proper judgement

4916163 How do you plan on judging everyone? Are you doing it based off of their current work?

4916154 I was thinking One of the 3D designers could add some sort of digital effects , like a unicorns magic assembling the words into a stick like blocks

4916137 OOH I like it, since from the names I've heard it's going to be apocalypse based, we should have the elements glowing in darkness, and then a light comes on, and a shadowy figure walks by, after passing the elements look cracked and damaged, and explode, and reveal the logo, while also being a beginning sequence in the game

4916137 OH DEAR I need your attention gamer, after some short searching, Project: harmony is sharing a name with a child abuse help system, we should change it

Gamerguy1313
Group Admin

4916206 That would be a problem wouldn't it?

Hmm...
.... Oh dear, i seem to be drawing a blank.
Therefore this post is entirely pointless.
Carry on, ya suckfaces,,,

Naah. Team name "Pinkamena's Playhouse" anyone?
He DID say we gotta be crazy :pinkiecrazy:

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

Do nominate people, please. :pinkiecrazy:

Okay...
Let's vote for a new name.
Now.

4916174 I guess, I don't have any better ideas. Are you one of the writers? If so, then you can judge my work, and I'll judge yours

Game Name:
Rainbow Melody

Studio Name:
HaRmony SquaRed (Yes, the Rs are caps for a reason)
Or
Seventh Element

4916300 As a matter of fact, I am. I suppose we can judge each others work. Wada you got?

4916986 Well, all my current stories are Displaced. The Reject Chronicles is about three humans on the run in Equestria (But it needs some editing), I have a Joker displaced but it's on hiatus. Of Lightning and Lassoes is a Displaced of Wonder Woman and Shazam, and my fourth is a FNaF one-shot (and is also my least favorite of the bunch) I also have a Death Battle parody in the works. What do you have?

4916035 let me take a look at the game engine. It shouldn't be hard.
Hmm..
What about windigo games. That sounds nice.

I'd like to bring up a different vote, if I may:

I vote that we name the main character Star. For now, at least. (I don't intend this to be their final name, especially as I don't know if we're going to let our players name him/her. But I do think that Star serves as a perfect temporary name for our protagonist! Gender-neutral, easy to remember, and it makes sense, because they are the Star of the game!)

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

It sounds good as a referencial name.
It could work.

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

Unity is one of the most intuitive game engines I know (and it's free).

(I would like to point out the fact that the personal edition being free is awesome, although I'm going to assume at least one person is going to need to pick up the team license. Not too sure how it'll work. ... I'm also kind of tempted to download it, and mess around with it on my own.)
Huzzah! Shall we put it up to a vote, as it's own separate subsection?

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

I don't think a separate vote is necessary. Since it isn't a pivotal decision, we can just let people know that's the temporary code-name for the protagonist once we start working.

And about the Unity licence: maybe we can set up a donation system in the future. For a fund dedicated entirely to licences.

Gamerguy1313
Group Admin

4917975 We could set up a IndieGoGo or whatever.

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

Exactly.

(And, in case you're worried, no C&D. It's voluntary donation, not profit.)

4917946 free? And c#? Man. My two biggest requirements

Foxtrot Productions/Studios for a name? Then a quick picture of a fox for a logo?

Quick logo:

4917018 I have an Assassin's Creed crossover, which is the only multiple chapter story I have currently on FIMFiction. It's called Of Shadows and Wolves, and it's about an ancestor and a descendant that are somehow transported to Equestria. So, they are turned into ponies and now they have to find their enemies, whom were also sent to Equestria with them. Long story short, it's Assassin's Creed coming to MLP in a weird way.

4918473 Sounds interesting! I'll read it, and you can read one or all of mine, how does that sound?

4918491 Give me a link, and I'll check it out.

For the Logo we could do something like an eclipse but instead of the normal color it could be the element's colors, with Twilight's star in the middle. Also Sing to Armageddon fits my logo better, but Sing to Oblivion sounds better in general.

Quick add on: I like the sound of Everfree productions but if you would prefer to stay with the options up there then Windigo Games.

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

I hadn't seen this since it isn't a reply :twilightsheepish:.

I like Everfree Productions.

4918787 oh, ya I guess it would help if I did that.:twilightblush:

4919396 wait organisation is also correct

...huh

wut

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

Organi 'z' ation is in the States. (AmE)

Organisation is Britain, New Zealand, Australia and probably Canada. (BrE & AuE)

4918787 I spent some time playing around with my eclipse idea and came up with this .
It could definitely use some work but it is a general idea.

Alicorn Airport
Group Admin

Well, Toriel, one of our concept artists, is going to be working on the logo. So you can send him a PM with the idea. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51