Overwatch 139 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I want to learn how to be a better player with Genji, a hero I often see accepted as one of the hardest, if not the hardest, hero to master. Mainly because I want to be a better Offense player in general, but also because I don't want to be limited to the same choice of "Ana, Reinhardt, or LĂșcio" every Comp game I play. If anyone has some tips and tricks, or can link me some, that would help make Genji easier to understand, I would love that.

5861453 if your in a fight with a fast shooting hero, you only really have 2 options

1 deflect to get past them,

2 deflect to get closer, and as soon as deflect stops follow up with a swift strike, if all of this is done correctly you should be behind them

accuracy based/slow projectile hero? jump like a tit-twisting-mother-humper, as well as strafe, you have mobility as genji, milk it, be unpredictable.

zarya? your doomed

I am self taught so my advice is probably better tested before actual use

also theres this

I would just fan my projectiles close to a hero

there's something which people do that launches you into the air (I'm not sure if that's been patched) where you swift strike and climb up the very end of a wall at the same time

climb up walls, a lot.

Use swift strike to finish off enemies or normally to charge it again

with dragon blade follow the same premise by killing one person then swift striking to the next

deflect is always helpful as a way to protect yourself in an escape or your swift strike.

You can deflect a lot of ults

Use melee more often since it can take a little bit for you to throw your projectiles again

I consider any hero that Genji can't deflect a counter

Try to use dragon blade when the enemy team is distracted as with most ults

I'm not sure if any of this is helpful or that you know most of this but hey, at least a get the satisfaction of trying

5861453 Considering that even though I have Overwatch my computer can't play it very well and the fact that I am only lv 11 (I think) I am not an expert player by any means but I have watch many videos of Overwatch and when I see people play Genji I contently see him being used to flank the opponents team to take out the supports, squishy dps characters as well as low HP tanks and from what I heard is that Genji is (as of right now) a neash pick for some specific maps. The main thing you need to do is to keep moving and know when to attack and when to runaway as well as to get a feel of your opponents so to know when to reflect especially when it comes to ults that can be reflected like Zaria's.

Your best bet is to get a lot of hours of Genji to get a better feel for him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4