Overwatch 139 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Hey, guys. Well, after giving the concept a bit more thought, I've decided to just use the obvious story concept and write a story where Tracer ends up in Central City during Season 1 of The Flash, just after that armored car robbery we hear mentioned at the end of episode 2. Tracer comes out of nowhere as Flash is on his way back to S.T.A.R. Labs and crashes into him. Flash decides to take the girl back to S.T.A.R. Labs, where, wouldn't you know it, Lena has amnesia. She can only remember her name, "call sign" and her ablitites. Nothing else. Of course, Harrison Wells goes to see if the future remains intact despite Tracer's arrival. When he does, he finds that his newspaper clipping has changed. While it still resembles this:

it now mentions someone called "The Tracer" and finds that the street battle during which The Flash goes missing, The Tracer also goes missing, and during that street battle, the Reverse-Flash was allied with someone named "The Reverse-Tracer."

You know what, why don't I just show you that scene?

*Scene Start*

Dr. Wells stopped his wheelchair in front of what appeared to be a blank wall. He placed his hand on a concealed handprint scanner, which caused the wall in front of him to slide open, revealing a concealed room known as the Time Vault. Dr. Wells moved into the Time Vault, the door to which closed behind him. Parking his wheelchair, Wells rose up from it, a clear indication that he was faking his impairment. Wells walked over to what appeared to be a small podium and placed his hand on it, causing a holographic face to appear on the opposite wall.

"Good evening, Dr.Wells," the face said in a smooth female voice.

"I don't know so much about good, but it certainly has been an interesting evening GIDEON. Show me the future," said Wells.

The front page of a local newspaper appeared on the wall beside GIDEON. The headline read FLASH AND TRACER MISSING! HEROES VANISH IN CRISIS! On the front page was The Flash in a slightly different suit, along with someone who seemed to be wearing the same outfit that the girl was in, except she now wore a yellow and white mask that completely hid her face.

"GIDEON... run a search on this 'Tracer' indvidual," said Wells, his interest piqued.

"One match for individuals known as 'Tracer,'" said GIDEON. "Lena Oxton-Ramon, alias The Tracer. Arrived mysteriously on October 14th, 2015, where she encountered Barry Allan, alias The Flash. No records of her exist prior to that date. Founder and leader of the United States Government agents known as Task Force Z, more commonly known as 'The Overwatch.'"

"Ramon...guess I'll have to congratulate Cisco and expect a wedding invite... assuming my secret doesn't get out before then," said Dr. Wells thoughtfully. "Tell me about this 'Overwatch' group. Who's in it?"

"Current Overwatch roster includes Cisco Ramon, alias Vibe, Dr. Caitlin Snow, alias Killer Frost, Daniel West, alias Diablon, Lisa Snart, alias Golden Glider."

Dr. Wells placed his hand on his chin thoughtfully. "Tell me more about this Lena," he said.

"After Lena encountered The Flash, it was determined that the only recollection she retained was of her name, her codename, and how her abilities worked and how she obtained them. According to Tracer herself, she hails from an alternate Future Earth, the 2070s. According to her own account, she participated in a teleportation experiment that resulted in her being afflicted with a condition she calls 'Chronic Disassociation,' which caused her molecules to somehow become desycronized from the flow of time and left her unable to maintain a physical form. The device she wears on her chest, known as a 'Chronic Accelerator,' stabilizes her condition as well as allow her to manipulate her own passage through time, giving her abilities remarkably similar to those of a speedster. She married Cisco Ramon, alias Vibe, in the year 2022, and gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl named Oxus and Kuo, both of whom inherited their parents' abilities."

"Well, I'll be... this Lena can manipulate tachyons. No, scratch that, she IS tachyons. She may be useful to my plans as a fail-safe, if something should happen to The Flash... open my log, will you GIDEON?"

"Certainly, Doctor," said GIDEON as what appeared to be a voice chat page appeared on the wall. "Go ahead, Doctor."

"Something unexpected happened this evening. Subject had apprehended armored car thieves and was en route to S.T.A.R. Labs when he met ... a remarkable young woman with the apparent ability to manipulate tachyons to control her own passage through time and space. I may not know if this was an act of kindness by the Speed Force, time itself, or just blind luck, but I believe this... Tracer, could be useful as a back-up plan should the Subject fall in combat or is otherwise unable to be The Flash. However, one thing remains certain," said Wells as his spoken words appeared on the page.

"The future remains... somewhat intact."

*end scene.*

So, yeah, Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne basically sees Tracer as a Plan B should something happen to Barry. Now, about my "Reverse-Tracer" character... whereas Eobard Thawne is the reverse in a metaphorical sense, Reverse-Tracer literally IS the reverse. I mean, she's Lenna Oxton (yes, that's how Reverse-Tracer spells her name) from a timeline where the members of Overwatch and The Talons are flip-flopped. In fact, the very same experiment that gave Lena her powers caused Reverse-Tracer to turn evil and join the Talons, where she was responsible for several of Overwatch's best agents. It was a during a fight with that AU's version of Widowmaker that her Chronic Accelerator malfunctioned and sent her to the regular Overwatch timeline, where she became Tracer's greatest enemy. I'm not gonna spoil how they both wind up permanent residents in the Arrowverse, though... mostly because I'm still working that part out.

So, thoughts? Ideas? Comments (preferrably constructive criticism.)?

This sounds awesome
You should definitely do this

BD out

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2