A Place Where You Can Have Opinions 56 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

At last, something I've longed to do for the longest time here on this site. Now, I can do it without being judged as a person and hopefully meet fellow users who either share my opinions or understand where I come from. So here I go!

• In my opinion, "Magical Mystery Cure" is the best episode I've seen in the series from Seasons 1 through 4. I don't care if it was forced or rushed. It's the one episode my brother and I actually looked forward to seeing. Twilight has shown remarkable leadership and it was her desire to achieve greatness with her magic. Becoming a princess put her in a position next to Celestia as not a ruler, but a noble leader, a role model that can be looked up to. When Meghan McCarthy said "every little girl wants to be a princess", perhaps there was a deeper meaning. After all, being a princess isn't just about wearing a crown and ruling a huge... tract of land. It's about being a leader, being someone of inspiration, being someone capable of achieving greatness. Twilight was the central character and this was her journey. And it should have ended after the Season 3 finale. But it didn't.
  • I despised the episode "A Canterlot Wedding" for reasons too numerous to count, but the most legit reason I have is that what was learned in "Lesson Zero" was completely forgotten. Continuity and consistency is thrown out the window in exchanged for an episode plot that defines twisting the knife in every meaning of the idiom. Also, what was needed was more screen time for heartfelt apologies. Just saying "it all must have happened off screen" is just an excuse. If nothing was shown, then surely it was not done.
  • I think Shining Armor is the worst brother in the history of brothers. The only time I was happy to see him was in "Magical Mystery Cure" when he was the last of Twilight's relatives to be seen at her coronation. That's about it.
  • And I really despised the episode "Twilight's Kingdom". In my opinion, it's the worst cartoon episode I've ever seen in my life, but only because I haven't seen that many cartoons. The characters (all of them) are morons, the Mane 6 (save Fluttershy) are constantly mean and horrible to Discord, making his treachery earned, nothing makes sense, and on top of that, Tirek was just painful to watch. He's pretty much played out like a bully with a massive over-inflated ego acting like the magic of Equestria belongs to him by right when he came from a different land hell-bent on conquest, so he shouldn't be "taking back what is his". The episode drove me to see the original G1 premiere, "Rescue at Midnight Castle", and I'm sorry, but it's WAY better.
  • I never saw the Season 5 finale, but when I heard what happened, based on what a friend of mine told me, I found it to be the stupidest season finale ever written. Starlight Glimmer's so-called tragic back story isn't even a tragic back story at all. Her best friend leaves her and for some reason it turns her into a psychopathic megalomaniac who wants to mess with time and space itself just to exact her revenge on Twilight Sparkle. In Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension, the back story of Doof-2 that isn't normally warranted to mold him into a dictator is intentionally written that way and it's done for comedy because it's one of the genres of Phineas and Ferb. But "Cutie Re-Mark" makes no sense whatsoever.

And these are just to name a few of my opinions. I'll come back to this later.

Let's not forget, shortly before the Canterlot Wedding there was the MMMystery on the Friendship Express where they had to relearn Lesson Zero's lesson.

I dunno, I think that was slightly different. "Lesson Zero" was about taking concerns seriously and "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" was about not leaping to conclusions. I'm not sure if they're in any way similar, but the latter lesson should also have been taken into account for "A Canterlot Wedding". Twilight didn't jump to conclusions. Her friends, Shining Armor, and Celestia did by assuming she just wanted to spoil the wedding out of jealousy. Except for what reason? Why would Twilight be jealous over her brother getting married?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3