Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
MoralSupport4
Group Admin

This week, my message sprouts again from a deep personal experience.
For a long, long time leading up to now I had been working every Sunday evening. Now, Sundays mean a lot to me. They're the one day in the whole week I get to rest. I get to enjoy time with my precious family. I get to take a break from my everyday life, conserving my energy to focus on the coming week. And any other day than Sunday I am constantly told by everyone around me to just keep working. That it doesn't matter what happens to me or my health - as long as the work gets done. Sunday is the one day I get to take care of myself.
Well lately my Sundays have never been my own.
And just this last Sunday something happened.
It was my grandma's birthday party. My family and I were all going to go, but with work I had to stay. The tragic thing was, my Sunday shift was later than usual - so I was looking so forward to spending at least an hour with my parents, and my brothers and sisters. Now, for that hour that passed like eternities, I was alone.
It may not sound like much to you, but I really was crippling inside. This was the one time, for as long as I could remember, that I could spend my most precious day with my most precious family. Now, because of work yet again, it was gone.
And then . . . I prayed. I begged God, I asked Him why He was doing this to me. He knew what I was going through. He had the power. Why did he keep tearing me away from the people I loved so much, week after week after week?
As I got back to my feet, I noticed something. My family had left our house a mess. I got the idea that maybe I should clean the house. How much they'd love that! I thought. And at that moment it clicked. I knew why I always worked Sundays. I worked that day specifically because I was needed there. Because I had something that someone else needs at that place and at that time. It was at this moment I decided to destroy myself no longer over the tragedy. I was to get back up, dry my eyes, and do what I did best - lighten the burdens of others. Because God needed me and I wasn't going to let him down.
And it was my best Sunday ever.
That is my message to you this week, my friends. Whether or not you believe in God, watch. When life doesn't go your way you can choose to be miserable - as I have. Or you can pick yourself back up, lift your spirits, and get to work. Because I can promise you there is a plan in everything. Nothing happens accidentally or merely by coincidence. Focus on the joy in life; it will give you joy right back.
Until next week, my very dear friends.

Je défends toujours,
--MoralSupport4

5067646 I agree with you. What goes one inside one's mind matters not. Only one's output to the world can outlast oneself. Everything else within will die off into the void.

MoralSupport4
Group Admin

5067650 That's what I'm trying to say. That's what this whole group is about. You don't have to say you can't and give up! That's the entire mission of MoralSupport4 and this group as a whole: that a person can become better. Hope isn't lost. It doesn't matter what wrong you've done up to this point because you can change. You can become a better person and that's, at least for me, what this is all about!

5067791 I'm . . . what? I never said anything about people dying . . .

5067804 Your doubts, your sorrows. They will all die when you die. Your acts upon the world, however, will remain for all to see. What you hold inside your head doesn't matter. Your detectable performance is what counts.

MoralSupport4
Group Admin

5067818 I still don't understand. They do anything but die. In fact . . . I'm sorry, I don't have the energy to argue. :ajsleepy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6