Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
MoralSupport4
Group Admin

I've been needing to make this post for some time.

Yes, modesty. I don't know how often this term is used for nonreligious people (no offense, I simply don't know enough nonreligious people), but modesty is how one presents his or her self through dress. My church teaches basic standards on the note of modesty. For example, cover the shoulders, abdomen, nothing skin-tight etc.
For anyone still reading this that is all the religion that's going to be in this post.
That's because, I want to talk about something that's been bothering me - as a male anime nerd with otherwise often encounters with immodesty. I want to talk about the way immodest people see themselves. What it truly is that drives people to dress this way eludes me. But a part of it is definitely a craving for attention.
That I understand. That's a basic need of all. We all want to be loved by others. The sad thing is, however, that how one dresses can change others' behavior towards them. Others begin to give one the wrong kind of attention. Others' attention begins to be drawn to the wrong places. And at that point, my friends, at that point the beholder does not love the person, but want them. That is not love at all. That is lust.
Despite having no experience dressing immodestly myself, I can understand why someone would want to be wanted. Perhaps it is . . . something deeper. Perhaps they seek desire from others because . . . they have none for themselves. Because in wanting themselves, in desiring and loving themselves the individual has none. The individual does not love themselves enough, and so they turn to others by dressing immodestly. That, unfortunately, draws the wrong kind of attention, and can eventually lead the individual or others down a darker path. What others show you becomes lust. Not love.
Women reading this: take it from a teenage guy with raging hormones. It's hard sometimes to respect a woman, but it's harder when she can't respect herself.
That is my message this week. I sincerely hope it's done something for you. Take the best of care, my friends. Until next time.

Je défends toujours,
--MoralSupport4

4962701 Clothing is like a haircut. Have you ever had a haircut? Why did you do it? You did it to look better than you'd look without the haircut.

Just try to imagine a sect like yours, with a difference that they're modest about their hair but not their clothes. They'd think your sect is immoral because members of it pridefully arrange their hair on their heads.

MoralSupport4
Group Admin

4962768 I hear ya. That's understandable. I mean, I have no idea what a sect is (i'm Mormon) but I'm pretty sure it's some variety of the same church. I dunno :twilightoops: that's my understanding.

Thoughtful input though. Thx! :twilightsmile:

Modesty, to me, is something you'd feel comfortable wearing around your grandma. Simple, but it works.

MoralSupport4
Group Admin

4963970 Makes sense. :D I'm a guy, though, and modesty standards are kinda gray for guys where I come from. Just always keep a shirt on. That's what I do :twilightsheepish:

4976405 I'm a guy too, but it's not like about to go to my grandma's with my pants sagging and stuff.

MoralSupport4
Group Admin

i guess that's also true

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7