Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Although this group does not happen to have a lot of people and I am not on this website as consistently as I could, I stumbled upon a thought that might work towards other's best thoughts.

I was driving home from school when a random thought entered my head. Firstly, that perhaps I could share a thought weekly; a philosophy question that I might never wright about, because I simply cannot build a story around it, but has a meaning that could change thoughts and encourage a better outlook on life. This sounds confusing, but as an analogy, I will use my first thought as an example from which you can abstract your own opinions and perhaps brighten your day.

This was my second thought, I pondered on something until it grew to its current thought: "Would you die today and now for someone you love" This thought, highly unoriginal became deeper: "The reason you are doing it is because the person you love has grown to hate you due to a divorce or an accident that didn't have anything to do with your personality. Your death makes the person happy for the following twenty-four hours." All of this, "because he or she only has the next twenty-four hours to live."
Upon considering this thought for a long time, I wondered if I could wright another philosophy story about it. I thought about it for many days, but there is no way that I can find a way to make story out of: person finds out love will die soon and sacrifices his/herself for their remaining happiness.

Though it seems dark, it still brightens my spirit that regardless of that person's thoughts of me, I would still die for the possibility of that person's happiness.

Or perhaps it could brighten your day, thinking that maybe some one that you hate still loves you and is willing to do the same for you, assuming you'd die in the next twenty-four hours.

Comment bellow for second thread. Place your own opinions or interpretations in a comment.

Thanks for supporting lightning sword,
The Derpy Doctor.:derpytongue2:

4921518 I would sacrifice myself for some beings, but it would be regardless of my love/hate feeling toward them. I wouldn't do it for emotional reasons but objective ones. If they are better then me, they deserve life more than I do. It's as simple as that. Not if my saving lasts for only 48 hours, though.

As for the story, I have one that features the idea of sacrifice for others: Princess of Friendship

MoralSupport4
Group Admin

I've actually been wondering what to post and what kind of stuff to do in this group. I feel good having finally gotten it out there, but now it's kinda just sitting here not doing anything... :twilightoops:

I post Encouraging Words of the Week on my blog - what do you guys think about me moving them here? Get some gears turning?

Also, great idea Doc :twilightsmile: go for it!

4922435 thanks, I agree with your idea too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4