Wonderverse Theorem Lounge 69 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 57 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 57

We know of only two instances where the name Iris was mentioned and when Moon was questioned on his motivations. Both times, he showed some type of emotion, which we know rarely ever happens.

Why does Ruin's mention of 'a fate similar to Iris's' strike a nerve in Moon?

Why does he lose his stone-faced expression when questioned of this along with his motivations and reasons?

Are they somehow connected?

There's a web of answers that would make sense.

What do you think?

I think she was a fellow Shadowbolt, and either a love interest to Moon or his sister. In either case, I kind of get a protective vibe from Moon about her. I also think there's a real possibility she figured out the true identity of Kayn Ost and the truth about how dangerous the crystals really are and tried to be a whistle blower but was killed before she could spread the word-however, she told Moon, who now feels he has to bring Kayn Ost0/Nightshade down from the inside to honor her memory. In a way, he appears to have similar goals and motivations to Descent, but a very different way of achieving them.

I think she's a flower

5125213 :ajbemused:...Really?
Don't be doing that, Calm.

My only function in a group made for theories about my own work is to be a troll :pinkiecrazy::trollestia:

:ajbemused:.........:facehoof:Y'know what?...No. Just no. Not even gonna say anything

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

My working theory was this. Thanks for clearing that up, Calm. :pinkiehappy:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

Granted, I do have serious thoughts on the matter, but I've learned that it's best to laugh with the jokes than growl at them... :rainbowlaugh:

:facehoof: Trời giúp tôi...
Calm, I can understand. Now it's spreading...

Eye see what you did there :trollestia:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

5127867 I guess you can say I'm a pupil of your trolling techniques... :trollestia:

I guess my expertise lens itself to the creativity of others....

er...

The retina of...

um...

IM GONNA CORNIA THE SHIT OUT OF YOU

*runs away*

Eye see your flower and raise you one Pokemon trainer!

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

Ah, nothing like a bit of Aqueous humor to lighten the mood... :trollestia:

...Ok, that one is a bit obscure...:twilightsheepish:

Sylvian
Group Admin

I eye see your ocular jokes, and raise you a song!

Beauty is clearly in the eye of the

You'd have to be a real nerd to get this one:

Animak
Group Admin

ok, on the extreme light side there is potential that iris was a dear friend and he wants the world a bit better

on the other extreme, the right in the feels side, they were childhood friends who were like brother and sister growing up but that changed later and they discovered a most intense passion between themselves and got married in secret and then she got pregnant and then she was murdered for some reason and moon wants to avenge the death of the one pony who meant to world to him.

thoughts if this turned to become truth, Iris was murdered by nightshade as after she introduced crystals to most everyone she saw Moons potential with his, but Iris wanted to leave her and moon to leave the shadowbolts for a more wholesome existence for their child, but before that plan was finalized nightshade had iris murdered and covered it up to look like an accident. Moon grieved and stuck to what he had known for most of his life then either figured out or told that iris's death was a murder. so instead of leaving he is now actively working to sabotage the shadowbolts plans however he can as revenge for his wife and unborn child.

Not to throw an unopened canister of kerosene onto the fire here but... I find it very interesting that no one here has mentioned this...

“He… rarely spoke,” he rubbed his chin. “Much less engage in any of the usual scuffles that broke out around the fortress. He was always very reserved and avoided pointless confrontation, but…” Descent’s ears stood up and he blinked. “Oh!”

“What?” Spitfire removed her shin from her hooves and tipped her head forward. Descent looked towards her.

“I do recall him being close friends with two others. Angel and Iris.”

*Goes up in flames*

I did notice it, but-...wait. Wait, wait, wait...
Huh?! Aren't they sort of polar opposites now!?

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

But seriously, could you elaborate on that? :twilightsheepish:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

I shall return with a crafted theory. One man's kerosine is another's bread crumb... :pinkiecrazy:

What I mean is...
If they were that close as friends before, then wouldn't they be, at least, a little friendlier to each other now? Not chummy like the Wonderbolts, but y'know what I mean? Little more than respectful, less than bros (way less than that). Angel seems to hang around more with the others than Moon though they were 'friends'.
Polar opposites, I mean that by their interaction and behaviors. Moon is normally the level-headed, calm, collected type. Angel? He's sort of like that, but he not exactly expressionless and level-headed like Moon. He's like that arrogant rich billionaire you see on TV who stroke their ego and keep their cool because they're 'all powerful' until that moment when they snap, and then they try (normally in vain) to unleash hell on the enemy.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

*Periscope rises from nearby hatch*
Already crafting a theory on it... :pinkiecrazy: Please stand by...
*Periscope lowers slowly*

5129973 Oh god...did I make things even more complicated?:facehoof:

5129883 I noticed that but thought nothing of it. Though, now you bring it up suspiciously…

*le gasp* did Angel kill Iris?! :pinkiegasp:

I have this theory which I'm forming up as I go, that Angel was ordered to kill Iris for some reason and he succeeded which made Moon and Angel sorta-enemies-but-still-on-the-same-side-thing.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

*pops up and places donut in Skye's mouth*
Shhhhhh...... No words. Only theories now... :pinkiecrazy:
*sinks back down slowly*

5129987 :pinkiegasp: Cue Rarifaint.

5129993 :ajbemused: *thinks, What did I get myself into? Went from reader to theorist at such a young age...:facehoof:*

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

*hatch opens and Jim rises slowly on a platform*
And now, Theory Time with Jim Hoxworth...:pinkiecrazy:

Alright, there are a number of things this theory will address, so I figure I should list them here for reference.
1. How Angel and Iris are connected
2. Where Moon fits in that picture
3. What Iris' reason was to stay behind
4. What happened to Iris
Keep in mind that this is currently in its infancy, and is subject to greater change as more is discovered.

First, let's start by getting some of our given information out of the way. We know, with almost perfect certainty, that Moon loves Iris. That's pretty much a given, based on his actions. (I cite what Rainbow says to Squall about Little Star's sacrifice to support this claim. :twilightsmile:) We also know that Moon stayed behind even though he agreed with Descent. We also know that despite supposedly being close before, Angel and Moon do not act like we would expect them to. (Thanks, Skye :raritywink:)

Now, unfortunately, that's about it for what we can say for anything above 90% certainty. So, at this point, we must postulate for details. We know that Angel and Iris are connected in a significant and meaningful way, leaving three possibilities: lovers, friends, or family. Based on the presumed strength of their bond, I'm inclined to think Family, however, any strong relationship could fit in there. Now, depending on what that relationship is, Moon's connection to the two will change to adapt to that.

Now, as to why Iris stayed behind, I'm guessing that she stayed for one of two reasons: because Angel stayed, or because it wasn't her choice (more on this later). I'd say that first one is a safe assumption, regardless of their connection, and seems really straightforward.

In fact, these questions are all fairly straightforward, but here's where it all gets deceptively complicated: What happened to Iris?

Now, most of us are probably going to assume that she's dead. It's a fair assumption. We could easily see her being one of the first casualties of crystal overruse. Heck, that was my working theory for a while.

However, that's a *VERY* dangerous postulate to make, based on the evidence we have. All we know for sure is that whatever happened to Iris was not good. Death certainly falls under that category, but there are fates worse than death, and they also explain why Moon might stay behind so faithfully even though he disagrees with Nightshade entirely.

Now, for the kernel of this assumption, I cannot take credit, but I don't remember who suggested it. :facehoof: I know it was in the PtH comments recently, but that's all I know. EDIT: Learned that it was _Sky_. :pinkiehappy: Thanks, buddy. Here's his original comment
Anyhow, this user recently made the observation that in Nightshade's recent debut, there was practically NOTHING about her physical appearance in Chapter 120, and that it also seemed to ignore it willfully. They also went on to point out that the last time we saw Nightshade, she'd gone "nuclear", blowing up the Cir- ahem, sorry,:twilightblush: the Shadowbolt Compound in a big fiery ball. And so, they suggested that Nightshade is using Iris' body for her own.

Now, I'm going to take that a step further and suggest that Iris is still *alive*... It fits with Nightshade's style, suggests a reason to why Moon doesn't simply leave and join the Renegades, and also suggests why Moon refused to explain himself to Descent. Hoping to save Iris from Nightshade, Moon stays behind to attack the Shadowbolts from within, and he refuses to tell Descent why for fear of them simply choosing to kill Iris and be done with it.

Now, if any of this last part is true, it could have *VERY* powerful implications for a number of concepts so far, including what the Blue Magic *coughSombracough* really is and how it came about... and what will happen to Soarin if the horn should fail now...

In any case, nothing is certain yet, and this will continue to evolve as more "bread crumbs" surface from Calm...

EDIT: Special thanks to the Troll Squad for bouncing this theory around. :twilightsmile:

5130075 Oh god, that's...dark. And would explain a lot. That's what scares me.:twilightoops:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

Hey, I did promise I had serious thoughts on the matter... :raritywink:

However, don't accept this as absolute truth or even a highly probable scenario. This is a working hypothesis, based on what little evidence we've gathered so far, and is completely subject to change based on future evidence. Just because an assumption explains a lot, it doesn't necessarily have to be the right answer.

Plus, I do still have a number of gaps in this thing here.

(also, I should find who posted that original comment and link them here...)

5130075 that would make sense. A lot really. But, if Nightshade did have Iris's body, I don't really think Moon's reaction to her *ahem* 'seducing' Rapidfire really did fit. I would think it would be more, eh…sad. But, it's all a theory, jumbled ideas, call it what you will *shrug*.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

An excellent point, but also remember that Moon is really good at playing things "close to the vest", so to speak. Honestly, there's no way to tell until Calm releases the info to us all. :twilightsheepish:

But thanks for that! :twilightsmile:

Hold up there :moustache:

If you recall... Descent mentioned that they could not find Iris when they carried out the campaign to form the Renegades.:moustache:

Notice that i wasn't specific on HOW LONG Descent waited before carrying out this campaign? :twistnerd: Several of the things you have brought up may have happened... or several others... i wonder... :pinkiecrazy:

Oh ho ho look at me implying there's so much we don't know about the Shadowbolts.... and the time in between Descent and Starry's departure and when they started working for Luna... not even Descent knows...

*Dangles puppet strings harder*

5130094 True, true...:moustache:
And yeah, we don't know any details until they are given to us by His Royal Cliffhanger Majesty: Calm.:ajbemused:

Animak
Group Admin

5130075 well that certainly blows mine out of the water, good job

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

OI! :twilightangry2: What did I say about discarding theories?! Especially since mine has enough gaps to make a fishing net look like a concrete wall!

Seriously though, don't discard any theory, even if it doesn't seem likely to you. It could in fact be the one you're looking for.

Animak
Group Admin

5130143 who said anything about discarding I just said I felt yours was better then mine.
btw the way did that flim flam story pm reach you?

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

*bounces on puppet string* OW! HEY! WHAT THE HECK! :twilightoops:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

Yes, it did. Sorry, but I've had a number of things come up IRL recently, so I haven't had a lot of time to look.

Animak
Group Admin

5130151 no rush man, it's just thoughts on a potential but ultimately inconsequential detail to the story

Jim Hoxworth
Group Admin

In all seriousness, though, believe me when I say that I know this theory is incomplete. :twilightsheepish: Hell, there are a number of puzzle pieces missing right now. :rainbowlaugh:

Still, I'll be sure to keep my eyes and mind open going forward. :pinkiehappy:

I agree with SOARINDASH1 on this point, but Moon shows little to no emotion most of the time so it's very hard to tell. Plus, if it is Nightshade who is in control of Iris, I think he would be more angry that Iris is being forced to do something like that. And then I would assume he has to let out that anger at some point and he does when he yells at Descent. Too much information is unknown to make a proper assumption though. Hopefully Calm, King of Cliffhangers, will give us a few more clues in the coming chapter and not another enormous cliffhanger. :applejackunsure: Poor Soarin! :raritydespair:

Glad you liked the idea, I can't wait to see what the truth is and how the theory will change as the story progresses. :rainbowwild:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 57