Padded Ponies United 447 members · 991 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

I'll probably update this list again to include Misty when she inevitably joins the group as the sixth ranger. I think it's safe to say Misty would probably be a shoe-in for the number one spot if she were on the list here. As it is, for the time being I'm just focusing on the five main characters of G5 and what we have to go on for them after both "Tell Your Tale" and "Make Your Mark". As always, this is all just my personal opinon and I would love to hear your thoughts about whether you agree or disagree. And here's the original if you're interested.

5. Zipp Storm: Despite her occasional bouts of immaturity, Zipp seems to be the most rational minded and the most "adult" of the mane five. Heck, some are saying that she should be the main character of G5 instead of Sunny given how she tends to be the only one who ever suspects anything or wants to know more (at least for now). So there really isn't much of anything to suggest she would ever get into or be into AB/DL stuff. The best I can think of is involuntary stuff such as a curse, or a prank. She might be better suited to being a caretaker.

4. Hitch Trailblazer: If not for "Winter Wishday" and what little we got to see of Hitch's family situation, he probably would've remained in last place. After all, Hitch is now a parent to Sparky, so that's further incentive for him to be a caretaker to someone else who's already padded. However, "Winter Wishday" establishing that Hitch was more or less raised by his Grandma Figgy since he was a colt, and him really liking things to be the way they were, I think that's an avenue for him to be an AB/DL. It all depends on how young he was when whatever happened with his parents happened that left him in the care of his Grandma Figgy.

3. Sunny Starscout: There's been a fair deal of diaper art for her, some of it related to her on again/off again alicorn status. Though now that we know how it's triggered there's probably not as much room to write AB/DL stuff for Sunny where she's padded because her transformation has "side effects". There also hasn't been much elaboration on her obviously deceased father, not even a hint of how old she was when whatever happened to him happened or how well she's coping with it. Supposedly, we're going to get more Sunny focused material in the next "season" of "Make Your Mark", whenever that is, so maybe that'll change things. Sunny does still have some avenues to get into it, but I think she would have to be exposed to it through someone else first.

2. Pipp Petals: It's kind of weird they're making Pipp into a "Friend to all children" character even though we already have Izzy, but apparently that's because Pipp as a social media pop star is meant to be more appealing to today's youth that are so plugged into social media. And of the mane five, I daresay she is the most childish of the bunch, even though she now has a profession outside of social media (even if we don't get to see it very often and it seems like Pipp is more of a contributor than an outright overseer). So that alone probably makes for a good case for her to get into AB/DL, and there's the whole "short" jokes about her in the fandom. But then there's the mention from the "Make Your Mark" special about her livestreaming everything, so it's possible she could be AB/DL for charity. Or even just for a case of "No one's ever too young to be my fan" kind of deal, a way of showing solidarity with children. Of course, she is still concerned about her image, at least on social media. So she might have incentive to keep it secret, or be hesitant about indulging it. But I think I can see now Pipp seems to have gotten the lion's share of diaper art for G5 (I think she's eclipsed even Sprout in that regard).

1. Izzy Moonbow: It seems increasingly likely that Izzy was indeed an outcast in Bridlewood as a child, and we still don't know anything about her family situation or if she ever had a family (I think one could make a good case for her being an orphan, and her childhood being a "It takes a village" kind of situation where all of Bridlewood had to pitch in to help her get by). So she probably could have reason to get into AB/DL to experience the childhood she never got to enjoy, or the childhood she wishes she could've had. Pretty much everything I said about her in the first version still applies here, though there is also one other thing that could be a plus factor for her: Her friendship with Pipp. Aside from Sunny, Pipp seems to be the one Izzy spends the most amount of time with, so if Pipp were to get into AB/DL I could easily see Izzy being swayed into joining it, or it working the other way around. She'll probably get bumped from the top spot whenever Misty joins the group full time, because Misty just seems to have a past that is begging for the padded pony community to run wild with her.

And there you have it. Feel free to discuss and debate, maybe there are things you see that I didn't take into account.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1