Padded Ponies United 447 members · 991 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

I did this list originally over four years ago. In the time since a lot changed, at least for one of the fillies (not going to spoil who). New developments in the show's continuity and canon prompted a re-evaluation of this list. I could probably also add the likes of Gabby and Babs Seed, both unofficial sixth rangers of the CMC, but then again there are a number of other candidates with noticeable one-off interactions with them that could qualify. Anyway, here's the original if you're interested.

5. Silver Spoon: As I said in the original list, the best thing Silver Spoon has going for her in this is that she's a follower. If somepony she admired, looked up to or was close friends with got into diapers and introduced her to it, she'd probably go along with it. That's really the only thing that can be said about her since otherwise she is a completely blank slate. We have no clues about what her home life is, how she met Diamond Tiara or even what her special talent is meant to be. You could make an argument for her being anywhere on this list because of her being a follower. But on her own there doesn't seem to be much that would compel her to seek it out.

4. Apple Bloom: True, she absolutely hated being called a baby and even more so when she was actually treated like one by Applejack. She had a really bad experience which would probably go a long way toward turning her off from the world of AB/DL naturally. But there is one possible avenue that might work. "The Perfect Pear" made it clear that she's too young to really remember her parents (Applejack and Big Macintosh at least had to have some memories), though they didn't say when exactly they died. Losing parents at a young age can have profound impacts on a child's development and mental state, so it's possible that Apple Bloom could get into it at all as a way to remember a more carefree time. A time when her parents were actually around. She'd still be extremely afraid of being caught and would go to great lengths to hide it, especially from her family regardless of how they might react.

3. Diamond Tiara: She's staying the same. It does look like at the least she was happy after her redemption in "Crusaders of the Lost Mark". But we know Spoiled Rich was still hanging around and hadn't learned her lesson, so there's no telling how well the family situation really was. Everything we learned prior still applies, particularly Diamond's lament about how her whole life was on dictated terms until she finally stood up to her mother. Jealously and a desire to have a proper childhood could easily be an avenue for her to get into AB/DL, and who knows how well she'd take to it or who she might trust with protecting the secret.

2. Scootaloo: Now that we got to learn more about her exact family situation due to her aunts and her parents, it provides a pretty big boost for her to want to be an AB/DL even just a little. Yes, I'm probably a bit biased because I wrote two padded pony stories featuring just such an idea, but the idea is there. It's not clear how long her parents were away or how long she was in the care of her aunts (it has to have at least been since Season 4 given what we saw in "Flight to the Finish"), so maybe her parents were around more in her early years and only recently started traveling. Or maybe even as a foal she was cared for more by her aunts than her parents. Even so, despite her initial dislike of being called a baby by Babs Seed, there's probably a reason why there's so much padded art of her (complete with an entire label for it "Crinkleloo" originally based around an "Ask X" web comic).

1. Sweetie Belle: More padded pony stories involving her as the baby have begun cropping up, and a lot more padded art of her has started appearing now. Still nothing really as a result of "Forever Filly", but there has been stuff with Rarity. There isn't anything with her parents though, surprisingly. And I feel like that might be an avenue to explore. What was Sweetie Belle's childhood like, especially in comparison to Rarity's? Were her parents just as hooves off then as they appeared to be in their only major canonical appearance, and Rarity did most of the child raising for them? Or were they around more often and took a more active role in raising Sweetie Belle themselves? If so, how did that compare to their approach with Rarity? Even as she got older, Sweetie Belle never lost that childlike innocence, though strangely enough her somewhat ditzy ways were dropped after "Sisterhooves Social", not that I'm complaining. She still easily retains the top spot. It really is a competition between her and Scootaloo for most diaperable filly.

And there you have it. Let me know what you think of this updated list. Maybe there's something I didn't consider that you did.

As I said in the original list, the best thing Silver Spoon has going for her in this is that she's a follower. If somepony she admired, looked up or was close friends with got into diapers and introduced her to it, she'd probably go along with it. That's really the only thing that can be said about her since otherwise she is a completely blank slate. We have no clues about what her home life is, how she met Diamond Tiara or even what her special talent is meant to be.

True, but given that she seems to be the nicer out of the two of them, I could see her being into this sort of thing. And given that we know so little about her, this just adds to all of the fanfic ideas you could do with her. For example, maybe her parents had a hard time potty training her or maybe she had a tough time transitioning out of diapers and gave her parents a hard time about it and secretly wears diapers when she's alone because she didn't want to give them up. As for her cutie mark and what her special talent is, this is yet another fanfic idea that has endless possibilities.

But there is one possible avenue that might work. "The Perfect Pear" made it clear that she's too young to really remember her parents (Applejack and Big Macintosh at least had to have some memories), though they didn't say when exactly they died. Losing parents at a young age can have profound impacts on a child's development and mental state, so it's possible that Apple Bloom could get into it at all as a way to remember a more carefree time. A time when her parents were actually around. She'd still be extremely afraid of being caught and would go to great lengths to hide it, especially from her family regardless of how they might react.

See, this is why I love this show, because it constantly provided us with great, endless fanfic fuel like this. And given how open-minded and loving they are, I can't see anyone in her family having a bad reaction to the reveal that she loves diapers. If anything, they'd embrace it.

But we know Spoiled Rich was still hanging around and hadn't learned her lesson, so there's no telling how well the family situation really was.

Which really leaves you wondering just what on Earth Filthy Rich sees in Spoiled Rich.

Jealously and a desire to have a proper childhood could easily be an avenue for her to get into AB/DL, and who knows how well she'd take to it or who she might trust with protecting the secret.

Yet again more fanfic fuel. Thanks! :twilightsmile:

More padded pony stories involving her as the baby have begun cropping up, and a lot more padded art of her has started appearing now.

And I love it!

Still nothing really as a result of "Forever Filly", but there has been stuff with Rarity. There isn't anything with her parents though, surprisingly.

There could be two reasons for this:
1)People, such as myself, love the idea of Rarity being a mother, and what better way to practice being a mother than babying her baby sister?
2)Their parents only had a single speaking role in the entire series and only made cameos throughout the rest of the show's run.

And I feel like that might be an avenue to explore. What was Sweetie Belle's childhood like, especially in comparison to Rarity's? Were her parents just as hooves off then as they appeared to be in their only major canonical appearance, and Rarity did most of the child raising for them? Or were they around more often and took a more active role in raising Sweetie Belle themselves? If so, how did that compare to their approach with Rarity?

Seriously, thanks for all of these great fanfic ideas! :pinkiehappy:

though strangely enough her somewhat ditzy ways were dropped after "Sisterhooves Social"

I liked that she had that character trait. It's a shame they dropped it. Squeaky Belle was also a thing of the past as soon as "Flight to the Finding" came about, yet another thing that I dearly missed.

She still easily retains the top spot. It really is a competition between her and Scootaloo for most diaperable filly.

This could certainly make for a cute fanfic. For example, Apple Bloom tries to get her cutie mark in being a mommy and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo agree to be her test subjects.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

And given how open-minded and loving they are, I can't see anyone in her family having a bad reaction to the reveal that she loves diapers.

Big Macintosh probably wouldn't be bothered, seeing as it would remind him of when Apple Bloom was younger and used to look up to him all the time. Applejack and Granny Smith might be a different story depending on if Apple Bloom was out of diapers or not when her parents died.

7634744 Applejack is easily the most motherly one out of the Mane Six, so I can't really see her having too big an issue with this side of Apple Bloom.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

7634748 Eh, I don't think so. Applejack isn't the most motherly, Fluttershy is. And people seem to forget that Applejack didn't raise Apple Bloom all on her. In fact, episodes like "Where The Apple Lies" seem to suggest that on her own she's not that great at taking care of Apple Bloom.

Applejack isn't the most motherly, Fluttershy is.

We've see plenty of evidence of Applejack being motherly, such as in episodes like "Dragonshy" or "The Beginning of the End." We haven't seen any such evidence for Fluttershy, though. Her area of expertise lies in animals. But with Applejack, having been separated from her parents at such a young age, it would fall to reason that she would take on the role of a mother when it comes to her friends and family.

In fact, episodes like "Where The Apple Lies" seem to suggest that on her own she's not that great at taking care of Apple Bloom.

I certainly didn't get that impression at all from that episode.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

Her area of expertise lies in animals.

And that's taught her a lot.

it would fall to reason that she would take on the role of a mother when it comes to her friends and family.

Maybe Apple Bloom to an extent, but only once did I see her acting within what could be considered motherly: With Fluttershy during "Dragonshy". Every other time she was just as likely as Rainbow Dash to complain or make a remark about others doing things that slowed the group down.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7