Padded Ponies United 448 members · 991 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

And I don´t mean in the ABDL sense. I mean were you in diapers, in general, past the regular potty training age in your state/country? For me, yup. I wore them up till close to the start of 3rd grade

i wore diapers at night up until i was like 8 years

5748058 Started wearing them again recently in October. I'm 16, also.

I used one yesterday, as well.:twilightsheepish:

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

5748058 Well, I was in pull-ups until almost the end of Elementary School, does that count?

Comment posted by Princess Elytra deleted Jan 20th, 2017

Still wearing them 24/7! i go to a school where everyone wears diapers! was never potty trained! btw im 14!

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

5787731 Is that true in real life?

I find that extremely unlikely.

I actually wore diapers until I was four, and I grew out of pull-ups at six. I remember, now that I think about it, that even right after my sister was born when I was eight, I still occasionally nabbed some of her diapers and wore them. I don't remember telling my parents because I was embarrassed.

I wore them till I was 10 but only at night because I used to wet the bed. I hated them at the time and I insisted on not wearing them every other night. I wish I had just stuck with them now.

My mother started my training when I was about eighteen months to two years old.

I am on the autism spectrum (currently level one (sometimes called mild autism) but I was actually level two when I was younger). Between this and the many effects of a very premature birth (I was born in the early Fall but I was supposed to be born around new year’s.) I took at least four to four-and-a-half years to finish daytime training well enough to get into kindergarten.

My mother had me work on bladder control first. This turned out to be the hardest part for me (which is the main reason why my training dragged on for so long). Back in the late 1970s many doctors (including mine) absolutely swore by the “urine training first” method (For the moment the “bowel training first” method had gone out of style.). I learned how to empty my bladder while sitting on the potty chair but it was a rather long multi-step process (as I describe below). By this point (age three-and-a-half) my mother had already tried all traditional methods with absolutely no success. At this point she needed to resort to some “out of the box”, counterintuitive, and seemingly backward methods to finally achieve the results that were needed.

The other part of my daytime training began just after I turned four. My potty chair was thrown out on my fourth birthday because my parents decided that I was “too old for it”.

At that point I gradually started to learn what to do on the big toilet (as I did for the first half of the process on my potty chair). But first I had to learn the mechanics of what to do.

My mother broke my training up into simple individual steps that I was able to follow and first taught me the “what to do” portion of my training for both processes. After that she had me work separately on the “where to do it” part.

From what I remember the process was basically as follows.

I. Lap Training part one.

In this part of my training I would sit on my mother’s lap without a diaper on but otherwise fully clothed. She would give me plenty to drink and have me watch TV or listen to a story and wait for any results while I sat there. In this fashion she was able (over the course of around a month starting around age three-and-a-half) to teach me the meaning of words like “pee-pee” and phrases like “go pee-pee” as well as the meaning of other words such as “bath”, “water”, “all done”, and some other words and phrases of that nature.

Basically she taught me to empty my bladder whenever I heard the phrase “go pee-pee” by saying it every time I wet while sitting on her lap and then eventually saying it other times if I hadn’t “gone” for a while. This part of the training process was essentially elimination communication without the use of a receptacle.

II. Potty Chair Training

She would basically place me on the potty chair if I hadn’t gone in a while and say the phrase “Go pee-pee”. As a result of the previous training in part one this came fairly naturally. This part of my training continued until I turned four and the potty chair was thrown away.

When I turned four the attempt was immediately made to get me to use the big toilet. Due to a fear of heights, a fear of falling into the toilet, and the fear of the sound of the toilet flushing I wouldn’t (and also couldn’t) use the big toilet. The potty chair was not an option because it was already thrown out. As a result I regressed and was back in diapers night and day most of the time for a bit (but I don’t remember exactly how long). This led to the next part of my training process.

III. Lap Training Part Two.

My urine training at this stage occurred at home just like in step one.

This was just like part one except (in accordance with my doctor’s instructions at my four-year checkup) my mother also began my bowel training. She would do this part of my training on walks around the neighborhood where the process of walking at least a block or two in combination with eating a snack would help things along (I would later learn) through the process of peristalsis. At this point she would have me push my feet against rocks, tree stumps, or even her own hands while I sat on her lap until results were obtained. At this point I learned the meaning of words and phrases like “poo-poo”, “go poo-poo”, “dirty”, “messy”,”stinky” (and so forth). After a while of this (perhaps up to a month) I was finally ready to try it on the big toilet at home.

IV. Toilet Training Proper

This is traditional toilet training like most people are familiar with. By this point I had mastered the mechanics well enough to push my feet against the bathtub, a step stool, or other object within reach as needed. I was maybe about four-and-a-quarter to four-and-a-third years old by then.

By age four-and-a-half my verbal abilities had come along enough for me to learn basic words for parts of the body (like in the “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” song”) and I was able to ask some basic questions when I didn’t know the answer to something (e.g. “What’s that?”, “Why?”, and “Why not?”). This is when my father taught me how to “go” standing up.

It would be another year until I learned how to use other toilets and the urinal when I started preschool. I still wore diapers at that point most of the time night and day. This was in the early 1980s (pull-ups were not invented yet). My mother essentially improvised a pull-up for me by putting a Pamper inside my underwear without taping in place. This allowed me to practice using the toilet at preschool (the first toilet that I learned to use away from home) but I was still covered just in case.

When I started kindergarten just before age six the daytime diapers came off aside from the occasional sick day here and there.

By about age nine or ten (just after my ability to feel embarrassed finally started to work) I learned (completely by accident) how to “cut the flow” after starting.

By about ages ten to eleven (near the end of Elementary School and before Middle School) I finally started to consistently wake up dry and I no longer needed diapers at night.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12