Hazardous Writing Materials and Challenges 236 members · 336 stories
Comments ( 38 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 38

oh Faust I am just bad at this

So I wanted to put Broken Cellos, Broken Ponies, one of my favourite fanfics of all time, in this group. It's tagged "Sad", so I figure I should put it in the Tragedy/Sad section, but the description of that section states (story spoiler alert) stories in that section have an unhappy ending, while BCBP has a happy ending. For those who don't want the story ruined, my problem is it doesn't quite fit the description of the folder. I'll say no more.

There's no way in Tartarus the story fits adventure/romance/comedy/whatever else, and it's not dark in the darkfic sense, so I'm just asking if the story's okay for the Sad section. Please don't think I'm dumb :/

4559011 lol, I knew I was dumb :pinkiegasp: Thanks though :pinkiehappy:

4559015 Also thanks for adding the story for me, though I almost added the story twice :derpytongue2:

I want to add The Stars Will Aid in Her Escape, but there doesn't appear to be a Slice of Life folder. Where should I put it?

Also, are there any limitations to adding stories from people not in the group?

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

I'd say Slice of Life can also be dark, but that would be edgy. Oh wait. :moustache:

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Where ? I'm litteraly made of dark !

4559449 It was meant to inspire thought. It isn't particularly funny, there's nothing tearworthy about it, there's no mysteries hidden away to find, and it isn't anywhere near a darkfic.

4559648 Got it. Mystery it is.

So this group isn't just about the contests? We can put any story?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4576377 We dabble in a few things. We have story folders (a few, less than other groups) you can add any of your stories to, so long as they belong in the folder.

Shouldn't there be a Slice of Life folder in there somewhere?

Aye. A new story, a pure simple slice of life story with fluffs.

I've got an odd one. I've got this story that's been on hold for a while, although I intend to start work on it again soon. It's a tragedy. No, seriously.

The most common comment is that it's hilarious, and if it weren't for my crippling sense of self-deprecation, I'd probably agree. Where would it go?

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Does it have a predominant style, though ? Is it more Comedy, or more Tragedy ?

4609759 It's mostly comedic, but the story itself is a tragedy in the proper, literary sense.

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Then I'll agree with Verbose, it should go in comedu if it's its primary feeling.

So, I've joined this group a little while ago. Are there any requirements for putting my stories in certain folders, besides genre?

Do they have to have a certain like/dislike ratio or view count?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4646983 No, not at all. The only requirements is that they suit the folder you're adding them to.

4647393 Alright. Thanks for letting me know!

I'd written a story based on the context prompt, but due to circumstances wasn't able to post it before the week ended. Thus, I'll just leave it here instead.

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

The link is contained in the "story" word, Verbose.

4558934 What does this rule mean?

one story per folder.

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

It means you can only post one of your own stories per folder. Aka you can't put in two romance story in the romance folder.

4558934 ola. This week I expanded something that I wrote for the Fluttershy prompt back in September (but never submitted), and published it. It's more about both Applejack and Fluttershy though. Shall I put it in one of the general folders (in which case, which one, since it's SoL?) or can I ask to get a Fluttershy prompt folder made for it?

Link is here.

4872147 Thanks. I'll put it in mystery/drama for now, though it's a bit of a stretch to call it either.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 38