The Wandering Bard 28 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
The Wandering Bard
Group Admin

Greetings, everyone! I'm here to announce a collaboration a few months in the making between Pononimous and myself, with the wonderful Emylia Hawke as our editor. :twilightsmile: If you like mystery, suspense, and intrigue, then check out the first in The Brindletop Mysteries, A Murder On Lilac Lane!

When a wealthy landowner dies at Loose Leaf's tea shop, it appears to be a simple case of death by natural causes. But Leaf and her friend, Constable Reginald Haye, discover clues that point to murder!

Pononimous has written and posted the first chapter of the story, as well as a very lovely and touching introduction. (Seriously, thank you, Po! :pinkiesad2:) I completed the second chapter earlier tonight and have sent it off to Po for some touch-ups. He'll be sending it off to Emylia on the morrow for final editing.

Now, as to how this all started... Some of you may remember this pony that I posted here in my group a while back. (Thank you again, Mr. Stark!)

This is Loose Leaf, a tea shop owner and fillyhood friend of Lyric's. I didn't yet have a story in mind for her during her creation, but little did I know that one would start to form.

I had just met Pononimous a short while before posting the thread, and after commenting that perhaps Leaf collected stories for Lyric while she was away, Po stated that he could see Lyric and Leaf being like Watson and Holmes, with Leaf trailing along on Lyric's adventures. Well, one comment led to another, and soon we were planning a whole story out! Though I won't be giving any spoilers away :raritywink:, I will say that the story has gone through many, many incarnations before we've arrived at the current storyline. For example, it was originally to be Lyric and Leaf who would solve the mystery, with Leaf herself being the prime suspect! If they did not find the truth within seven days, then Leaf would hang.

But, the more we talked and the more we planned, the story grew and evolved. Eventually, and with much input from Po's wonderful wife, Ammie Kindheart, Lyric was replaced with Haye, and the story took on a much different, but oh so wonderful, shape. And through it all, we, Po, Ammie, Emylia and I, have all become closer. So, to you all, thank you so much for all that you've done, and for all the hard work that you do.

And thank you as always to everyone who has read, commented on, upvoted, tracked, and/or favorited the story. It means so much to us. (And the story made the popular list yesterday! :pinkiehappy:) And to those of you who will be waiting for the third installment, don't worry! Pononimous has got you covered there. He'll be working on it really soon. But for now, sit back, relax, enjoy your favorite cup of tea with a scone, and check out A Murder On Lilac Lane.

The Wandering Bard
Group Admin

It's a great story. It has a Sherlock Holmes sort of feel.

The story is awesome, such a mystery. This one will keep ya guessing. Thanks Bardie for the nod, I enjoyed the little bit of help i gave. Greatly anticipating the updates.

4653314 Kind of like MMMMystery on the Friendship Express? :twistnerd:

The Wandering Bard
Group Admin

You're very welcome, Ammie, and thank YOU! We really couldn't have done it without you. :twilightsmile:

The Wandering Bard
Group Admin

A bit, but with a more sinister tone.

4653533 :pinkiecrazy: By the way did you get my last pm? :coolphoto:

The Wandering Bard
Group Admin

Just now! I'm going to have a nice open day tomorrow, and I plan to do a LOT of reading then!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!