Honest Fictions 114 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
I Am The Night
Group Admin

THE FOLLOWING IS AN
HONEST FICTION

Honesty by Professor Tacitus

Once, there was a time when dragons ruled the land and all bowed to their might. But a savage war left all but the mightiest of their kind dead and forgotten. This is their story. This is not Skyrim.

"The Dragon's Riddle"

Behold the fan-made origin story that reads like a Greek myth...about ponies.
Witness the epic and world-shattering civil war between dragons in what can only be described as the MOST. AWESOME. THING. EVER.

Then, one day, the dragons fell to squabbling, and the fires of war scoured the land. The skies darkened with smoke, and great claws split mountains. Finally, the battlecries fell silent, and the shattered remnants of the dragons slunk into the dark places

Or just read three sentences that give almost no detail about what could have be an amazing story in and of itself. But hey, at least the grammar was good. Take that Grammar Nazis!

The dragons are gone, and it's time for a new race to rule. Even though its clearly shown that this one dragon could rule the world no problem.

"Finished is the Age of Dragons! Let the one who can answer my riddle rule the next."

Because answering a riddle is clearly the best way to determine who should be the dominant race on the planet. What, is this dragon the Riddler's pet?

Enjoy a tale that teaches that being strong or fast will get you killed, and answering riddles is the only way to get ahead in life.

I am just in time, and just for today.
I am just finished, and I am just begun.
I am just over the horizon, and I am just within reach.
What am I?

The second season of Firefly?

Watch as this majestic, wise creature encounters Griffons, Minotaur, and Diamond Dogs...only to kill them in horrific ways for answering a riddle wrong.

He roared and exhaled a blast of flame. When he was done, the ground where she had stood shone in the night and flowed like water.

He roared and struck with his claw. When he was done, the ground where the Minotaur had stood was scarred with chasms deep beyond sight.

He roared and inhaled a mighty breath . When he was done, the canine- and all the land around him-had vanished into his cavernous maw and down his gullet.

Yikes...

Just as all hope of answering the riddle seems lost, along comes a simple pony. Come on, it's a story about a show about ponies. Are you really shocked that the pony is going to answer correctly? Besides, My Little Pony sounds a lot better than My Little Minotaur or My Little Diamond Dog.

You speak of being just, whether near or far, whether come or gone, whether passing or eternal. Yet the one truth if life is that all creatures make mistakes; and no matter the judgement, for justice one must begin with forgiveness. You are mercy.

Wait what? That's the answer. Don't get me wrong, it's a good lesson but does that answer really fit the riddle? How could anyone know that? Dammit Dragon Riddle!

But correct it was, and as a reward, the dragon grants the pony...a butt tattoo...that for some reason is a gift that will let them rule the world? Look, it's a show about magical talking ponies, if you're looking for logic you're in the wrong place.

Starring:

Lord of the Rings Reference

Griffon the Burned Off

Iron Will Does Not Approve of This Riddle!

Diamond Doge

and My Little Dominant Race

"Dragon Age: Riddles"

"The others have named me as I am, pony, but you are the first to name me as the world needs me," he said, carefully lifting one claw and tracing the first Mark upon her flank. "Carry my gifts back to your tribe, and rule the world as we ought to have ruled."

The ponies would go on to do just that, but those are tales for another day.

Wait, so really this is a story about pony supremacy? Pony Power!

The second season of Firefly?

Pfffthahaha! :rainbowlaugh:

Okay, that one earns you a Cutie Mark. :moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3