Lyra and Bon Bon BFFs 42 members · 86 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Personally, I think Lyra and Bon Bon are really interesting and noticeable characters, but...

Something I can’t help but dislike about Lyra and Bon Bon, to be honest, is how many fans keep putting them together as lesbians.

With me, I may not know exactly how people who are gay interact with one another, but I like to think of these two ponies here as friends and nothing more than that. I actually think there’s confirmation on the show that they’re friends and only friends. I mean, come on, the two of them are even saying that that’s all they are.

The part they’re featured in on season 8’s “The Break Up Break Down” I believe actually has another common trait with Valentines Day. When I was in public school, the students in my classes would celebrate the holiday by handing cards to one another, not because they’re in love with each other, but, because they’re friends and they want to show their appreciation for that. Of course, students also gave cards to one another based on the fact they each share the same class. Even as I continue living, I find that people make Valentine cards for their friends and families to show their appreciation for them. It isn’t limited to people who are romantically in love for one another.

Call me crazy, but, I think Lyra and Bon Bon are additionally pretty underdeveloped in terms of being characters.

Maybe...if the MLP team made something that could explore what their bond is entirely, then we could get an understanding of who they are as characters. I know I’d appreciate that, that’s for sure.

I’m not posting this here to troll the two characters or anything like that. But, I’m hoping that it can encourage others to come up with more stories where Lyra and Bon Bon are just BFFs and nothing more. After all, it’s gotta be tiring, finding stories where the two are lesbians just because they’re often seen together. I mean, for all we know, they could just be BFFs only in real life.

That would be worth it for me because I got special reasons for those two in my favorite characters list :3

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2