TrenderDash 21 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

I'm assuming we've all seen introduction threads before. Tell us a little about yourself, don't be shy.

I'll start

Name:

Bluegrass Brooke

Primary focus on the site:

Writing

Do you have a persona/OC you use for the site? If so, why'd you choose it?

I have a donkeysona! I love donkeys. ^.^ I chose this in part because my personality is very much like a donkey. I'll do work and I'll do it hard, but when pushed to far, I blow a gasket and lash out at just about anyone. You don't want to be anywhere near me when I'm mad.

Why do you ship Trend and Rainbow? Or, alternatively, why did you join the group?

That's a bit hard to pin down. I guess I ship them because they just click to me. You know? They're both a little on the cocky side, both like to put on airs, but when it comes down to it, they want to do what's right. Rainbow has trouble with feelings of abandonment, and, I see Trend as being the opposite. Trend has a serious problem with changing himself to please others and has trouble seeing past outward appearances. Rainbow struggles with a similar problem in that she wants to appear cool, calm, and collected at all times. But, she's learned to overcome it time and again. Together, I think they can bring out the best qualities in each other.

What's your favorite kind of story?

Slow paced, emotionally dark, slice of life fics with a well-developed romance. Ideally, the main characters will get seriously injured at some point, the more pain the better as long as they live through it.

What kind of scenes have the most impact on you as a reader (in general)?

Dark, heavily emotional scenes with a lot of internal conflict. I want the character to be in pain emotionally and physically as it really makes me relate to that character on a deeper level. In all my stories, I try to include a scene like this as these scenes are always the ones that stick with me the most.

Favorite episode and why?

The Return of Harmony because I was introduced to my favorite character, Discord!

Why are you here and what would you like to contribute?

I adore Trend and Rainbow together. He's the only pony I ship with her actually. In humanized stories, I'll ship her with Soarin', but for some reason, I don't like pony Soarin'Dash fics. I wanted to read some TrenderDash fics and check out some TrenderDash art, but I couldn't find any. So I made this groups in the hopes that it'll inspire some TrenderDash artwork and fics.

What can I contribute? My organizational skills. XD That's a thing, right? Also, my art/writing skills. Weee!

Fun Fact about yourself:

I've worked with horses for ten years now, handling, riding, driving, and whatever else I can do at the stable. I don't own a horse, but I do volunteer. This equestrian knowledge leaks into my writing at times. One of my biggest pet peeves is people calling horses' coats "fur." It's not fur, it's coat or hairs! Urgh.

Name:
Princess Astrum
Writing
Do you have a persona/OC you use for the site? If so, why'd you choose it?
Yes I do. My OC is Silver Crescent, (Originally named Nova Bright) a bat pony with an interesting backstory. I'm currently writing a story called Crescent rising with him in it. I just... click with bat ponies. They are Luna's subjects mostly and we only see them once at Nightmare Night. Obviously they are nocturnal which seems to fit me(I sometimes feel like i'm an insomniac)
Why do you ship Trend and Rainbow? Or, alternatively, why did you join the group?
Its... interesting I guess. TrenderDash is a little more exciting then any other Trenderhoof ships, such as Rarihoof(ick) Trendermaud(not bad) and Any others. So I guess its just i like them.
What's your favorite kind of story?
Dark romance's with a much loved character falling in love with a non reformed villain.
What kind of scenes have the most impact on you as a reader (in general)?
I'd say sad romantic scenes, such as the scene in 'Gone, Gone, gone.' Which is a flutter cord fic. In that fiction, Discord is emotionally pressurized and turns himself to stone.
Favorite episode and why?
Hard to say, most are amazing. If I had to choose a episode with a character I relate to the most, I'd say Bloom and Gloom. I fret so muh that I'm not going to get a well paying job in the future because I don't focus on important stuff like math. SO I guess that relates to AB's situation.
Why are you here and what would you like to contribute?
Mainly here because I was attracted by your blog post and Trenderdash seems interesting.
What can I contribute? Mostly art, as I'm bad at writing.
Fun Fact about yourself: I love books. You can find me curled up in the den with a good Anne Mccaffrey, iron my bed with a Diane Duane.

Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

4439955 Cool! Glad to have you in the group. :pinkiehappy:

Bat ponies are pretty awesome. I love reading about people's bat pony OC's because they're generally really clever. Plus, there's sooo much fun you can have with headcanon there. Untapped potential, I'm telling you.

Another dark romance fan, eh? Awesome! I love good characters falling for the unreformed villains myself. Those make for some really compelling stories.

I used to worry about where my future went to, but now I've learned to be content. So what if I don't get a super high paying job? As long as I'm happy and right with the Lord, then I consider myself successful. Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life as the saying goes.

Ah, another artist! Nice! I love to look at art, it's my guilty pleasure. :twilightblush: I'm generally a penny pincher, but I probably spend a little too much on commissions. I just can't get enough art! :rainbowkiss:

By the way, thank you for inviting me to the TCARW Audiobook group!

Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

4440009 No problem. ^^ I'm super happy to have you! :pinkiehappy:

I just had to go back and read the scene where Entropy reveals himself to be Discord, because reasons. That kind of scene along with the scene in Gone, Gone,Gone. is what really pulls at my heartstrings.

Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

4440031 I had the feels the whole time writing it. :raritydespair: I almost cried like 10 times. Despite that, it was one of my favorite scenes in the entire story. I'm definitely going to have to read that Gone, Gone, Gone story now!

yeah, its one of my [ersonal favorites(both TCARW and G,G,G)

Name:
The Forgotten Comrade

Devouring words into the monstrosity that is my mind.

Do you have a persona/OC you use for the site? If so, why'd you choose it?:
No.

Why do you ship Trend and Rainbow? Or, alternatively, why did you join the group?:
Bluegrass made it seem lovely. Also the less well thought about ships tend to be written better. I guess that if you're playing with a less well established character it either attracts either a better writer or leads to more thinking in general about why they should go together rather than bam just to get to the good stuff.

What's your favorite kind of story?:
A story that is morally ambiguous, there is no good or bad guy. Everybody's out for their own gain. Examples would be Game of Thrones or the First Law series. Also Fantasy is a big thing for me. I love magic.

(It makes for an interesting contrast when someone walks in and I have an episode of GoT on and I have this site open.)

What kind of scenes have the most impact on you as a reader (in general)?:
Typically apparent death scenes or actual death scenes especially those involving either a love interest or friend of a character. I will cry and that kind of thing stays with me. The most heart-wrenching thing for me, while not written, was the ending of WALL·E.

I know about the happy ending but the moments before that.

Why are you here and what would you like to contribute?:
I am here to support this ship and offer my services such as they are as a proof reader.

Fun Fact about yourself:
I'm into history especially wars. My preference to read is things like the Napoleonic or the American Civil War. I like the idea of lining up to be shot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9