Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe or we are not; both are equally terrifying.

Recent discussions have made me curious about this and this seemed like the right hella ded group to ask. What do you people think of aliens and their possible existence? I mean, I really hope there is life other than us out there. But there is currently no real way for us to know right now. After all, we don't have any evidence that there is any life besides us. From our current perspective, the universe appears to be empty and alone. There's nothing sending us messages, and there doesn't seem to be anything capable of picking up our own. There is a very real possibility that we're alone, trapped on a tiny, moist rock in an eternal and dead universe.

But tell me, what do you think? Are we forever alone in our massive and seemingly infinite universe or is there something- someone more?

Recent discussions have made me curious about this and this seemed like the right hella ded group to ask.

*Cough* Luna *Cough*

But tell me, what do you think? Are we forever alone in our massive and seemingly infinite universe or is there something- someone more?

Mathematical probability means that there is going to be something more than just us out there somewhere.

But if whether we'll be able to have contact with them before the end of time requires us to invent FTL drives.

There is no actual reasonable way to tell because we have not found any life yet. That makes it, kind of by definition, impossible to give any kind of mathematical estimate of how common it ought to be. Lack of data makes any conclusion void.

Personally, though, while I am fairly certain that life will exist somewhere, I think that intelligent life will turn out to be much, much rarer than we ever thought it was. It took our planet over a billion years to produce just us, after all, and that was pretty much a pure fluke. In addition, by all we can tell, we are the first to ever exist here. We might be one of the earliest to exist in this galaxy or even the local cluster altogether. The universe is still ridiculously young, after all, by the standards of something that will exist for trillions and trillions of years more. If the timespans involved are anything like what it took for us, chances are good no more than a handful of sapient species ever exist at the same time.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

What do you people think of aliens and their possible existence?

Isn't Donald Trump looking to build a wall to solve this problem?

badumtish

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5