Quill and Blade 362 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

I can say, as someone who suffers greatly from it, anxiety is a hell of a beast. It can make a simple mishap turn into a ruined day. It can make the heart race, the throat tighten, the thoughts muddle... Anxiety is a hell of a beast.

Shachza is, unfortunately, no stranger to this and has tackled the issue of anxiety head-on with his story, Insecurities. I won't lie: for folks with anxiety, it's not an easy read because of how close to home it hits. For those without, some of Hyperic Cable's actions, reactions, and reasonings may not always make sense. But boy, let me tell you, they do to me.

More than Hyperic, however, is his character Fleur Lumineuse, the daughter of Fleur de Lis and Fancy Pants. I thoroughly loved her characterization. I don't want to go into too many details and spoil things for you, but I found her to be a fantastic contrast to Hyperic, as well as a strong character on her own.

While it's not gumdrops and lollipops, it's not sad and depressing, either. It gives a lot to think about and that's never a bad thing.

I'd recommend checking this fic out if:
- You enjoy OCs
- You enjoy pure slice of life
- You suffer from anxiety—you are not alone, and I think this fic will reassure you of that
- You don't suffer from anxiety and want to know what it's like
- You like to see earnest ponies with tough luck finally get a break

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2