Black Feather Project 156 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Recon777
Group Admin

Here, you can read the finished Black Feather chapters.

Also, now that the comic is finished, I wish to extend a warm welcome to all the fans of the comic who are wanting to find answers to their many questions and also find out how things turn out after that rather intense sequence of events you just witnessed. Everything will be answered in the links below.

The entire comic, from start to finish, was a visual portrayal of chapter one: Catalyst. Chapter two picks up where the comic ends, but I still encourage you to read Catalyst anyway to get the full details of what you saw in the comic.

REDACTED

Total Word Count: 90,624

Planned chapters

REDACTED

Short Description:
A young mare must discover the secret of her own nature in order to stop the destruction of ponykind while an ancient adversary with a vendetta intends to reclaim his former glory.

Long Description:
She was once the harbinger of nightmares, the bringer of eternal night. It has now been fifteen years since the failed plan to bring back Nightmare Moon and overthrow the royal sisters. Fifteen years since Equestria gained a new ally.

Now, with Equestria struggling through a prolonged war with the zebras, the mare who was once known as Nightmare Moon must walk the delicate balance between protecting the ponies she loves and losing her hard-fought identity.

Faced with a mysterious and brutal threat to Equestria, how will Nyx stand against a powerful new adversary who knows her better than she knows herself? What fate awaits her behind the dark secrets of an alicorn's true nature?

Acknowledgements:

Many thanks to Pen Stroke for creating such an amazing character and backstory for Nyx! You've inspired me more than you could possibly know.

Editor credit (in order of their original participation) goes to:

onlyanorthernsong, for his excellent feedback and dedication since day-one, helping to keep Nyx in-character and general characterization, consistency, and plausibility advice in the first two years of the project.

TundraStanza for meticulous grammar corrections and for tirelessly re-reading to make sure it's perfect.

* Pawz, for quality editing and making sure that I stay focused and relevant. Thanks for all that help with tricky plot-logistics problems, consistency, and some pretty creative ideas.

Bashfluff, for pushing me to be a better writer than I ever imagined I could. While Bash is no longer with us, he deserves my unending gratitude for the months of coaching. I'd likely still be a novice without him.

* DuvetofReason, for some awesome encouragement, ideas, insight, and analysis of the overall story that has helped me out of quite a few tight spots.

Questionable, for his sharp understanding of the deeper story mechanics and his ability to point out any flaws or potential problems, no matter how minor. While Questionable is no longer with us, his contribution was of great value.

Pen Stroke, who has joined the development team in 2016. Welcome aboard, Pen! While I know your time is valuable and limited, I look forward to your insights as the story develops.

OrionWolf, who has a particular gift with imaginative world-building details and has taught me how to write much more fleshed-out prose.

* BernardDK, whose artwork and personal encouragement have breathed an incredible amount of life into the project from 2018 and beyond!

* Active, permanent members of the development team

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1