Happiness Society 79 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

So this is a group where you can share your passions and things that make you happy, right? Well, I am here because I want to share mine: Acting

I used to be bullied for the bigger part of my life uptil now, and yet to this day it have left me with struggles to find happiness sometimes. However, I know I can always rely on Acting to make me happy.

I started acting in 4th grade, when the bullying was at its worst, and it is a decision I'll never regret. Acting opened a way for me, away from hate and unfair judging from the people around me, and away from the doubt and despise I had for myself and for the world. Even though the hole point in acting is to really try and be someone else, I felt more truly my self than ever before.

Acting gave me a feeling, a self value that is hard to describe. Therefor I thought I'd end this thread woth sharing a poem I wrote about acting and what it mean to me:

What acting mean to me: Being someone else means being you by Keam

I got so much

That I've wanted to do

For longer than you know

Show you what I really am

Past everything I put on

Past the barriers I don't even control

Past emotions that's not mine

That I don't know

What they're doing

Inside of me

I got so much

That I've wanted to do

For longer than you know

Want to say words that feel true

To everyone around me

But nothing of this ever come out

None of these wishes escaping the room

I've got inside

Unless you'd spot me on the stage tonight

Beneath makeup and character traits

Beneath faked feelings and rehersed smiles

There you got me

If you'd cath me when I'm on the stage tonight

You'd see that even if I'm faking everything

Even though everything I say and do

Is more false than it have ever been before

I'm freer than you'll ever see me be

Backstage I almost colaps

Laughing so hard

Acting so weird it'd creep you out

If you ever saw it

But it's okay

Because I'm not the weirdest

There is more,  much more

Than just what I got

When we watch the movie

From the play

We hude in shame at our own face

Yet it's magical to see

To recall the feelings displaye

When I almost colapsed backstage

So if you'd catch me on the stage tonight

You'd see letting it all go

And becoming someone else

Is becoming yourself

that's so great. it's great you found your passion in acting to relax. to be yourself and forget your worries. don't stop that.

I'm sorry you have to deal with bullies. I was bullied pretty bad in school. (Before 9th grade) It was awful. I wouldn't wish my experiences with it on my worst enemy. Now I have lots of friends (here and people I hang out with IRL) and am going to college. Anyone can make it, I'm rooting for you. Be the best actress you can.:heart:

Yes, it is great, and I never want to give it up! :heart:

Thank you. I was bullied kindergarten to about half way through 8th grade, being most intense 4th to 5th grade. I'm sorry to hear you share the experience.
Acting is not my career dream, but a passion I pursue in my free time, but thank you for the encouragement

4339375 I hope the bullying stops...

That's really great. I was in a little theatre group for a short time, but the others were a little snobbish and boring to talk to, so I left. Never tried it again since, too many other hobbies to spend time on. :yay:

4339375 bullying for me was at it's worst in 6-8th grade. It ended in 9th when my family moved north to Pennsylvania from North Carolina. I looked at why I was bullied so much and was able to get rid of some of the traits that caused it. I fit in more almost immediately, but never would have been able to at my old school because they all knew me already. My high school experiences were much nicer than previous school ones. (Bullying doesn't really exist in college, they've grown out of that):twilightsmile:

It has

Well ,I act in a group in the suburb where I live, so no snobbishness here!

Glad to hear that!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11