Young Bronies 26 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Muggonny
Group Admin

I'm pushing the contest in early!
We aren't getting enough positive feedback from younger bronies. Though a group like this is hard to come across, we're still not receiving recognition. So here we go!

For this contest you have to use a prompt. A.k.a, it has to be the moral of the story.

Prompt: All choices have consequences.

Meaning all choices good or bad, have a consequence good or bad. This is shown a lot in fanfics like Fallout: Equestria. Use that for an example.

Rules:
1. A 5,000 word limit.

2. No self entries.

3. Teen ratings are the limit.

4. No past stories.

5. No spinoff fics. This should be from your own creativity.

6. No cross overs.

7. Send me a link of the story from either Fimfiction or GDocs.

Prizes: A free ticket to admin.

Contest ends on June 7th. That's two week to get your stories in. I wish all of you the best of luck.

(This post would of been better, but it was only written in a few minutes. And it was written from my tablet. My tablet sucks.)

Lunar Dusk
Group Admin

Yeah, I understand every rule, except... except...

2. No self entries.

What does that mean?

Muggonny
Group Admin

It means you can't make yourself a character in the story.

Lunar Dusk
Group Admin

4403808 I think this rule is quite subjective. As we do not know each other, we can't argue on how much we put ourselves into a story. A better rule would be "No Mary Sues", based on the PPC's definition of what a Mary Sue is. Here's a link to the definition:

http://ppc.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Sue

Muggonny
Group Admin

4405051 I know what a Mary sue is. Some people just refer to it as the other way.

Lunar Dusk
Group Admin

4405057 I'm sure you know what a Mary Sue is, but there's an important thing to note. Actual self-insert isn't bad, Mary Sue-ish self insert are bad. Short explanation:

If someone actually writes a self-insert, it wouldn't be a Mary Sue. For example, my good self-insert would be someone that kicks ass in english class (In a french school, but still), is pretty good at video games, loves science and specifically astrophysics, has a couple of problems with social situations, can barely see without his glasses, and is... fairly chubby, let's say.

My Mary Sue self-insert is an english god, rules over the competitive scene of Starcraft, Melee and Pokémon at the same time, invented the Big Bang Theory, proved it right and then invented a time-travelling machine to display it, is the wittiest person ever in social situations, has eagle/X-ray/Fire vision, and has a body that would make Dusty Katt weep in shame.

Both of those are self-insert, however, the first one is a legitimate character, while the other one is just silly.

Muggonny
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7