Riders In Equestria 86 members · 167 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

FRUBASK EPISODE 1: "Cut Through" (2016)

I'm really impressed at the effort that this production team (ANGUS MCGRUFF) put in here. They found a re-dubbed version of Giam's theme in English to use, created their own props rather than rely soley on the toys, and aren't even using stock footage ala Power Rangers. This show is a labor of love by people willing to put a lot of effort in to get the product they want to make.

We don't get a lot of details in the first episode, which is only eight minutes long. We're introduced to the main cast, Zest Welles, Piers Lovecraft and Nile Forrestor. They're playing a virtual reality game called FRUBASK, some kind of open world virtual reality game. Everyone gets a unique fruit themed weapon, and they can either fight each other or attempt to find some kind of 'key'. And as with every fictional instance of virtual reality, the players find that they are trapped and cannot escape without completing the game.

I'm afraid there isn't a lot to say about this first episode. It sets the stage, but as a stand alone piece there isn't a lot here. Of course, web shows are different from television. While they aren't released one at a time, they're meant to be viewed at once. This is an intriguing start and makes me want to keep watching, which is a lot more than other fan productions usually accomplish in twice the running time.

I hope the trio gets out of that forest soon.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2