Setting 2: 4,000 shots
Setting 3: 2,000 shots
Casualty rate:
Setting 1: 0.5%
Setting 2: 76%
Setting 3: 100%
Afflicted damage: Depends on setting
Setting 1- Will stun the enemy, much like a taser
Setting 2- Will cause third degree burns and break bones, can stop heart and damage other organs
Setting 3- Will vaporize the enemy
Scope: advanced targeting computer with holographic aiming assistance, will predict the location of a moving enemy, will predict the most vulnerable area of an enemy to shoot at
Accuracy: because of the advanced scope even a child could hit the target at least 5/10 times, a well trained soldier theoretically has 100% accuracy
Composition: advanced heat resistant plastics, super light high entropy alloy (as light as aluminum, as strong as titanium, and yes, this actually exists IRL)
Safety: processor controlled trigger lock, don't fire sustained beam for more than one minute or you can cause overheating.

So yeah, light, accurate, deadly, can fire for a long time in a firefight. Recommend use for any troops and usage, even crowd control. You can even use it reliably in melee combat, it's like beating someone with a really hard baseball bat.

>not 40K

I don't get it.

That weapon doesn't seem to explode spontaneously, severing your whole arm while doing so...

Why would you ever want a weapon that explodes spontaneously?

4259772 Because it looks so cool!

I'd love and hate to be the poor bastard in charge of one of those things.

Imperial Plasma Guns are more powerful than plasma weapons used by xenos races but far more unstable as they have a chance to malfunction and even explode, wounding or even killing the wielder.

When fired, the fields dilate open and the plasma is ejected via a linear magnetic accelerator as a bolt of superheated matter akin to a solar flare in appearance and temperature. For this reason Plasma Weapons are sometimes colloquially called "Sun Guns" by the common population of the Imperium.

The compression phaser rifle is still a better weapon. You can shoot it a lot without killing yourself and you can smash in people's heads with it. I also neglected to mention that it doesn't just fire in a beam, but can shoot individual bullet shaped projectiles. Plus the filthy enemy scum won't stink up the battlefield after you win because you can freaking vaporize their bodies.

4259833 I don't deny this, Trekee. I agree wholeheartedly that your proposal is the better one. Still, how could I ever consider myself a brave, if stupid, man should I just abandon the suicidal weapon in favor of the better, safer, more efficient choice?

Just kidding. Anyway, I'm just not familiar with the universe that weapon's from. I feel better in my area of comfort, which is 40k. Yes. I am aware of how ironic that is, considering the grimdark.

You don't need to know about the universe as long as it goes 'PEW PEW' and the enemy goes '*horrible screaming noise*' and they disappear. Seriously though, I get where you're coming from.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4260010 We stick to lasguns

Well I don't mean to insult the techpriest here, but honestly the lasgun is what I would imagine a cheap export version of a phaser being like. Still, it's pretty damn awesome looking, but looks aren't everything.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4260615 is good and reliable

It's like the AK-47 of the 40k universe. Easy to make, very reliable, plentiful.

I still say the phaser rifle is a better weapon. :trollestia:

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4260683 it is. But we use the lasgun

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16