Lopoddity's Pandoraverse 174 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I was writing a little something for Garreon, just for fun, and I am actually a little proud of it, if anyone is interested I would like to throw this out here.
The general idea was to have a specific descendant from one of my rather unused OC's of which his story is still being written. But what they hay! lets throw him into the pandora verse and see how well his son does ^w^
I would love to hear your thoughts on this incredibly rough first draft of a simple concept piece.

Sitting up from her nap, she could hear it droning on and on. Mom and Dad are arguing about something again.... Pandora covered her ears then resolved to just snap her paw to make her ears vanish in a nearly unstable burst of chaos magic. She was 12 now, not exactly as small as she once was. Her father always told her she would grow to be as big as him, though he said a lot of things, which was most likely why they were yelling at eachother.

Sneaking down the stairs and out the back Pandora just felt she needed to get away. Even if just for a bit she wanted to be gone from there. Once out the door she popped her ears back on and started forward. Though halted when she overheard a heated blast from her father.

"Its NOT fair to her!... you know how cruel Skyla was yesterday. The children at school are the same way, if you would stop and spend more time with her I would not have had to threaten to turn somepony inside out!"

The voice in Discord's words was thick with not just anger but disgust, It was not the first time that they had a problem like this that the two argued about, but it was the first time she realized that perhaps her mom regretted that she was not normal.

She shook her head. No, mom is not like that, she would never even think that, she loves me... sure I .... make trouble... and.. I..

She stopped in her thoughts. It was true, she had faith that when it came down to it, her mother would never regret having her. But it did not stop the tears she did not realize she was shedding. Shivering paws raised up in front of her eyes. For once she grit her teeth and had wished that she had hooves instead. What followed was surprising even to her. She tried no magic, she did not go back in, she just started to run. Fast, down the streets of Ponyville, fast past the outskirts of town, she only stopped when there was nopony near that she could hear or see. This was the edge of the everfree forest.

"Well....I guess I'm pretty normal here..." She shot an angered glare at a passing cockatrice and turned it to stone. The magic flared over her paws and danced about. Though the more she watch the more she hated it. She could not guess where every stray static charge of magic would spark to, nor could she control it. She growled and threw the gathered magic at a rock with no focus or intent behind the burst. The stone turned into a pinapple with a chocolate cake core with an cape over it, then subsequently exploded into bits that turned into frogs.

She mumbled curling up and looking down at her paws.

"Its pretty....."

Her eyes shot wide and she bolted upright. Turning at a sharp angle she laid her eyes upon an odd sight. A light brown griffin, only it did not have a beak, its talons looked very paw like. Though he still had plenty of feathers and fur. Soft chocolate colored spots touched up his chest, though oddly he appeared absolutely perfectly Symmetrical. Looking at him almost gave her a headache, He just looked so perfect and orderly. "W...what are you doing here?"

"Well... I was just coming down to sit on my rock... but I think it got turned into a pineapple... and then... well I can't quite grasp exactly what else happened to it...But if I cant sit on my rock.... I guess I can sit with you... if that is ok..."

He sounded almost as upset as she felt, though again she could tell it was not directed at her. "...o..ok..." She backed up a little still eyeing him. "What did you mean?"

"Hrmm?..." He looked so distracted that he almost did not answer.

"You said... 'its pretty'... what did you mean?"

He sat down next to her, she was bigger than him but if she had to guess they were probably just about the same age. "I meant you!..."

A blush formed over Pandora's cheeks but she brushed it off, she half expected some of the school kids to rush out and start laughing, or some other equally cruel setting after they got somepony to talk to her like this. "Right! because I am so visually appealing..." She spat out the words thick with sarcasm. But he seemed unphased.

"Do you not think you are pretty?"

She grit her teeth and stood up in front of him, though oddly he did not make eye contact. "Do YOU think this is pretty? Ive got two horns, lion paws mule legs, a dragon's tail, and thick fur!... not some pretty pink Pegasus princess..." She glared at him, still emotional from the afternoon her eyes watered.

He stood up on his paws and without any real show of emotional response he reached forward and wiped a tear from her eye. He gave a soft smile, though to her aggravation he still did not make eye contact. He was facing her but for some reason seemed unwilling to lock eyes.

"I meant your soul...." His paw extended and gently touched over her chest as if he was feeling her beating heart.
Instantly her cheeks blushed over and flustered she stepped back. This earned her a smile from the mysterious beakless griffin.

"S...shut up...who says stupid stuff like that when you cant even look a girl in the face!... are you too afraid to look at something as ugly as me?" Her raised voice made his smile fade a little. Though something caught her eyes and her senses. She could see a very light distortion in the air around him. Almost like heat waves, something was in the air and radiating off of him. She took a closer peek and noticed it was magic. Not only was he a beakless griffin but he seemed to be a magical beakless griffin. Why does he need magic when hes not doing anything?

His paw reached out and to her surprise it touched her face. It was odd, but she let it happen. He moved his paw feeling her face from top to bottom. In a few short seconds his smile returned. "Well... on the outside you are pretty too..."

Her eyes wide and her mouth agape, she finally pieced it together. Why she had never seen this one around, and why he would not look her in the eyes. Sneaking a peak closer she could see the pale milky white clouds over both his eyes. "You are blind?"

"Hrmm?... yes... yes and no.... no and yes...." He smiled and sat down in front of her. "I can see shapes... and my magic helps me, its like feeling around with my paws all the time, but its not very fine tuned...."

"So... when you said my soul.... you mean...."

"I feel you magic... I see it with my own very clearly...Its pretty, and I can't guess what it's going to do... Its unique, I like it.. my magic, and my father's magic.... its so straight forward, its powerful, very powerful... but I can't... Its predictable...its boring, it comes so easy, too easy... I didn't earn it. I don't... I don't feel like I deserve it...But you... I see your power, swirling and pulsating out of control... yet.... you are fine, I can't guess what you are going to do, I cant even follow your magic. It's beautiful... its like a hearth's warming eve gift. Everypony I know sneaks a peak at the gifts before they are allowed to open them. Everypony knows what they are going to get. But, with you, I cant tell. Its magical all over again, I don't know... and I like it..." He smiled and she tried to struggle back a blush.

"...t..thank you..."

"I am Tyr by the way..." He grinned happily.

Pandora opened her mouth but felt a pulse of energy, Chaos energy very closely followed by a shout she could barely make out. A certain purple alicorn princess was yelling her name, and a certain draconaqus was using powerful magic to try and locate her.

"Is something wrong?" He noticeably flinched hinting that he to could feel Discord's magic.

"...ah... m..my parents are looking for me.." She looked down digging her left hoof in the dirt not wanting to leave.

"Oh...well, go and see to them... its important to listen to your parents, they have been around longer than we have. And dont worry, Ill find a new rock and you can blow that one up too" He smiled happily.

She blushed and nodded, turning toward's her mother's voice, but stopped. Turning back she came up and hugged him softly kissing him on the cheek. "Thank you" she whispered grinning at the blush now spreading over his cheeks. "I am Pandora...Ill come back and turn your next rock into a giant marshmallow"

With that she raced off towards the sound of Twilight's voice, she was not quite sure of what to think about it, but it felt good for somepony to appreciate her without jumping to any usual conclusions. His voice echoed in her mind. Its pretty

Its meant to not actually be the Pandoraverse but a variation of it, like just another parallel universe that is very similar. More specifically, Cupcake is not born, and a few other ponies either didn't hook up or just did not have any children, or less children.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2