The Helpful Comment Trade 331 members · 998 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46
Lord-Commander
Group Admin

Pretty self explanatory here. Introduce yourself, tell us some general things about yourself. Say something like
1: Favorite pony
2: How you got into MLP
3: Favorite kind of story to read.

Think of anything else you want to put down, go for it.

So, I'm Blood Lord, one of the Administrators for this group.

My favorite pony is Rarity. Why? I just do. She's a fun character in the fandom, which I'll explain later about how I am closer with the fans than the actual show. I do get a kick out of Twilight, RD, and AJ. But Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie I just can't seem to like. Pinkie represents a personality I hate, the mania, consistently happy person. Fluttershy represents a side of myself that I have hated, that's being shy.

I got into the fandom through the creepypasta side. I got first interested by watching the My Little Amnesia 2 video, and then got directed to Rainbow Factory, Cupcakes, and Little Miss Rarity. I had known enough about the general idea of the characters to not get lost by that point. As I kept looking, I became... "fascinated" with the creativity and sheer talent of the fans. Amazing art, well written stories, and awesome music. The canon for MLP is also so flexible that you can bend it to fit literally any situation. So I became a fan of the fandom, then watched the TV shows in the gap between season 3 and 4.

I got my break here editing for Autumnschild's Twilight Sparkle's 500th Birthday to which I am now a co-creator in our story group called "the Birthdayverse".

I enjoy the darker side of the fandom stories, and get a kick out of world building stories that expand the little place of Equestria.

Hello, I'm Flutters is Shy! my actual nickname among my irl friends is Flutters, due a series of events leading from an rp thread on 4chan.

Despite the fact that my motif is Fluttershy, my favorite pony is Rainbow Dash. I just like her color scheme the best out of all of the mane six.

I was on youtube one day, and nestled alongside all the videoss from a letsplayer I watched back then, he had started uploading episodes of MLPFIM. The most current one had this thumbnail of a pony with a cowboy hait and one that looked like a rainbow. I'd watched Sailor Moon and other less than manly shows before that point, so I decided to just click on it and see if it was any good. Goog god I was floored. That episode was Fall Weather Friends, and to just see this show that had such amazing animation given the constraints, and phenominal voice acting I just couldn't tear my eyes away. I loved that very first episode because it wasn't very definite as to who the main characters were. Watching other episodes it's almost always obvious that Twilight has the main focus, but that episode just made me love the series right from the get go.

I prefer science fiction and fantasy, but I'm also down for a good romance. Site specific, I find myself heavily gravitating towards the HiE stories, which eventually led me to the Displaced, LOHAV and others of that subgenre. Eventually, that inspired me to write my own entries into the continuity.

4168775 hi there good looking people I write Spike Shipping fics.

4168753 Hi there! I'm Lucky Swirl, but my nickname is Lucky (I only let certain ponies call me Swirly :P)

My favourite pony is Soarin because he is absolutely adorable, I love his colour scheme, and he's my favourite wonderbolt. I also like him because his voice actor, Matt Hill I think his name is, birthday is a day after mine! (Mines the 18th of January and his is on the 19th of January)

I got into MLP because I loved G3 and my 18 year old big sister kept watching it. I used to say it was rubbish and G3 was better, but then I watched the season 1 premiere back in 2012 and instantly fell in love with it. I loved the animation, the villain, it wasn't rushed, and I loved how each pony in the mane 6 represented something, and it shows that if you are a girl and you don't act like one, then they can teach you to stay yourself and never change. A couple of months after that, I heard of Bronies, so I searched them up on google and at first I was shocked at older men watching a children's show, but then I realised we all have a lot in common with eachother. Later that month I became more involved with the fandom and started to befriend some people and that's when I came across FIMFiction back last October.

My favourite kind of story to read is romance and adventure stories that aren't too long, I especially love Soarin dash fics. LOYALTY by Crowne Prince inspired me to write my own Soarin dash and other stories, and I've improved in everything to do with writing ever since

4168753 I'm HapHazred, engineering student and borderline alcoholic (and before you get worried, bear in mind I did say borderline).

Favourite pony is Rainbow Dash, because reasons that would take a very long time to explain. Suffice it to say, out of all of them, she's one of the ponies with the most potential to be rude, selfish, and mean, but is also the pony most redeemable, and I love 'er to bits.

I got into MLP sarcastically. That means that I was surfing the web and came across funny pictures of ponies. Since I had no idea what their source material was, I couldn't laugh. This annoyed me, so I decided to do research. By watching the episodes. After all, I have a pretty strong will, right? I'd never end up actually liking it, right?

Well, more the fool me. Sure, it took 16 episodes of me wondering what the hell I was doing with my life, but eventually, when Sonic Rainboom came, oooh, I liked it very much. I mean, it's still pretty damn silly, but I love it to pieces.

What kind of stories do I like? AppleDash, typically. Oh, I appreciate all kinds of stories, and I end up reading different types, but in terms of pure enjoyment, that's where I thrive. That said, I do enjoy slice of life one-shots an awful lot too. Why one shots? Because when they're boring, they don't waste my time as much.

I also admire intelligence and originality. Blindly conforming to tropes and not knowing how to use them will just serve to get me to roll my eyes, and maybe shake my head slightly. I also despise crossovers, but have been known to grudgingly accept that one or two might be okay in the past.

Nice meeting you.

I'm 111segasonic, the amateur writer who wants feedback on his story.

I don't usually favor any one pony, and I prefer stories that subvert my expectations.

Oh yeah, and I'm waiting to see a story that features this beautiful creature:

Well I'm BikerPon3, also an administrator here. :pinkiehappy: (And also responsible for that banner full of colourful ponies :twilightsheepish:) I like motorcycles, but I'm guessing you'd already figured that out.

Favourite pony: There are two. Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle. I literally can't decide which one of them is more adorable.

How I got into MLP: A friend of mine (an avid user of 4chan) discovered pony memes and decided to watch the show. I watched it aswell. He didn't like it, but I was hooked...the rest is, as they say—history.

Favourite type of story: HiE...especially the filthy kind...

Lord-Commander
Group Admin

I like motorcycles, but I'm guessing you'd already figured that out.

You have my interest, what sort of motorcycles? Dirt bikes or street bikes?

Favourite type of story: HiE...especially the filthy kind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aMD6oarTWA

4169769 Street bikes: Specifically supersport and streetfighters. :pinkiehappy:

Also, that video. :rainbowlaugh:

4168753 Greetings! They call me LightningSword, which is my handle elsewhere on the interwebs, where fanfiction is concerned). I don't care much for talking about myself, but in the spirit of the thread, as a member, I'll give it a shot anyway.

I started to notice the Brony fandom in the spring of last year. I had recognized the "My Little Pony" name as some nonsensical children's drivel designed to sell toys to little girls. Why then, I asked myself, were there so many grown men admiring this incarnation of the franchise? I couldn't wrap my head around it, and asking non-Bronies was no help at all. :facehoof: So I did the only logical thing--I sat down and watched the two-part pilot, just to see what all the hype was about.

To me, it seemed like a pretty basic kids show, but there was something about it that I couldn't explain that brought me back to watch more. Was it the clever humor? Was it the morality? Was it the vibrant characters? Was it the fact that I had fallen head-over-heels in love with a certain Pegasus? I couldn't say. It baffled me. I had no idea why this children's show had gripped me so, but the more I watched, the less I understood--and the more I loved it.

The episode that converted me completely, into a full-fledged unashamed Brony, was "Dragonshy".

Which brings me to my favorite. ------> :yay:

I love Fluttershy. She's the embodiment of everything anyone could want in a friend, and for me, in a potential girlfriend (I know it sounds creepy, but as a guy who's been put down and rejected a lot, kindness and compassion mean everything to me). I know she has her share of haters, but I don't care. I'm a proud and loyal FlutterKnight, and I'll defend my Pegasus princess to the very end. :twilightsmile:

Anyway, favorite stories . . .

Hmmmm . . . . . :applejackunsure:

You know, I don't know if I even have a favorite. I don't read as much as I should here. I do like a good mystery, and anything that makes me laugh is a plus. In fact, stories with a lot of feels are good for me. :twilightsmile:

And if you read all that, you now know why I don't like talking about myself. I tend to ramble, and when I do that when talking about myself, it makes me seem egotistical, and I'm not. At least I don't think I am . . . :twilightsheepish:

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Admin

Heh sorry I'm late; Hello! I am Man on the Moon, an administrator and the creator of The Helpful Comment Trade. I'm currently a sophomore at Wirt Emerson High in Gary Indiana. I hope to become a musician someday.

I got into My Little Pony through my little sister. At first whenever I saw it I would change the channel, but one day she was sick and wanted to watch it. I didn't have the heart to say no. I put it on and was able to leave but she told me to stay. I listened (reluctantly at first), but I found that it was rather enjoyable. The first episode that I watched was “Secret of my Excess” where I fell in love (actually fell in love) with Spike.

My favorite character(s) are..

Spike
Reason: Spike is me. He is the guy in the background who makes sure that everything runs smoothly even though he gets stepped on occasionally. Also, like Spike, I love to help. P.s. I freaking love dragons :p

Twilight
Reason: Twilight's often quirky personality is a mirror example of me and my friends. I am a funny sociable guy, but I tend to be odd, socially awkward, and over calculative meaning. I take scientific matters seriously. I'm not as organized or compulsive as her though.

Applejack
Reason: Much like the caramel country pony I am a hard worker (when motivated). I am very proud of my abilities and, of course, am very stubborn.

Discord
Reason: Not much to say besides I am an epic troll. I love how discord is always messing around like me. I tend to keep the seriousness out of my life because life is too short to constantly stress yourself.

Sweetie Belle:
Reason: She's cute..... What that's it...... Just kidding. She reminds me of how energetic and adventurous my little sister is, and the occasional fights we get into.

To tell the truth I really don't have any favorite kind to read. Basically I'll read anything that catches my eye. I'm not the picky type.

Lord-Commander
Group Admin

You'd totally get along with my cousin. He's all about street bikes, but quite a bit into the mechanics side of it where he likes to get a older bullet bike, then work to sup it up.

Rambling when talking about yourself is fine. Let's us know more about you.

4169916 Don’t you go stealing my waifu now...:rainbowlaugh:

4170299 Been stolen, bro. You missed it. Never had a chance. :moustache:

4170313 Wishful thinking there bro, but she was mine all along!

Haha :rainbowwild:

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4168753 Howdy. They call me Charles Spratt. I'm a college freshmen, and a reviewer/writer, as well as an admin for this very group. My fave, by a landslide, is Rainbow Dash. The reason I'm in the fandom at all was because of my friend Peter. As for best type of story: anything that doesn't relate to romance, really. Aside from that, happy to meet ya'll! Cheers :pinkiesmile:

4170483 "Well, after loving me, she said she'd never love another." :raritywink:

Yeah, she said it. You keep dreamin'! :trollestia:

4170599 For her reaction to that sentiment: see my avatar. :twilightsmile:

Lord-Commander
Group Admin

Hmm. I should have started a poll here om people's favorite ponies.

Inazuma
Group Admin

Introductions? Fine. I am Clockwork, Master of Time. And I've been charged with the task of eliminating your future.

But in all seriousness, the name's Inazuma a moderator of this group. Got it memorized?

1: I no particular order my favorite characters are: Sunset Shimmer, Zecora, Applejack, Luna, Discord, Maud Pie, Babs Seed, Derpy, DJ Pon-3, Octavia, Spitfire, Queen Chrysalis, Gilda, Macho Pony, Lyra, King Sombra and The Dazzlings.

2: Found a comic strip that featured Vinyl Scratch and Octavia confused them with OCs, asked the creator about it, he told me about the show, did my homework on the show, then watched a few episodes. The rest is history.

3: Don't really have a favorite kind. Just whatever catches my interest and has my favorite characters but more often than not I avoid romances. Don't know why. I just do.

4: Characters I HATE: Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Trixie, Doctor Whooves, Shining Armor, Flash Sentry.

I'm also one of the few people who thinks "Cupcakes" is one of the best and funniest fics ever.

I really HATE the story "My Little Dashie" I honestly believe it to be one of the worst fics ever made.

I really want to do a Total Drama version of MLP but I can't find anyone to do it with me.

I've published three fics so far. One One-Shot and two Multi-Chapters.

It took until season four to find a MLP song that I could really call my favorite.

I'm The Mechanic, and I guess I am a reivierwer. My favoriteest cannon pony is Luna, because of how relatable( at least to me) she is. I often feel like I am making a giant white elephant unspoken kind of faux pau that nobody has the heart to tell me about. 99% of the time it's just me, but the other 1% will think about the incident for months and will be unable to hold a conversation or look the offended party in the eye. Most of the time it's just me though.

I started watching MLP after my brother practically forced me too. I also enjoy reading to the point of obsession. I found a couple of stories on fan fiction.com one day and in my ignorance I thought they were good. The first was a self insert HiE where after no joke three thousand words the main character becomes an alicorn, seventh element of harmony, and a total stud. I still cringe when I think about it. The other just lacked a good editor, great story but he used adjectives like 'very' and 'big' a lot. After its rewrite it is now one of my favorites.

I like reading all types of stories, though I'm still hesitant towards HiEs, for obvious reasons. I especially like comedy and long stories which draw the reader into the plot.

Detective Sugar Glazing
Group Contributor

Hey, late to the party as always.
I'm Detective Sugar Glazing, an editor.

Favourite horse? Applejack. Reason? YEEHAW!

How I got into MLP: I was a hater for about a week, when I decided that I should form my own opinion and at least watch a few episodes. That was nearly 4 years ago (however, this train of thought also lead me to read Twilight, so it isn't infallible).

Favourite kind of story? Adventure/comedy. I love any kind of epic tale, particularly the classic "coming of age" story, like It Takes a Village or Around the World: Spike's Journey (which is why I edit it). As for comedies? Hey, who doesn't like a laugh?

Other interests outside of MLP? (I'm off the rails. Can't control me.) Music. Lots of music. Music forever. I kind of like this thing called music.

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Admin

Good thing I'm a musician

Darth Redbeard
Luna
SpikeBelle stories.

1: Aj, Pinkie, Luna
2: My friend more or less forcing me to watch, watching half of S2 and all of S3 in one go, EQD, link to sequel here, me wanting to keep track if fics and comment.
3: Romance, Slice of life and dark stuff.

Might as well.

TheTrueDragoon, obviously. My favorite pony is Luna and I will fight anyone to the death who thinks they can take her from me. I got into the fandom about halfway through season three when I saw a couple of YouTube videos about MLP and bronies. I got curious and started watching. Been hooked ever since. around here I don't really read much but I lean more towards a bit of adventure or crossovers with Star Wars. The thing I really like though is sad and tragedy stories which is what I mostly write. Sorrow reveals your true self.

Hi there,

I'm Hoppa and I'm new to writing fimfics, especially writing in English.

My favourite Pony is Twilight Sparkle and I got into the show out of curiosity. I was wondering why grown men would watch it. I thought they probably had a good reason for it and after watching it myself I became a brony.

I love Comedy fimfics. I don't mind Slice of Life or Adventure. I just need a good laugh. Best Fics I've read are about humans turning into ponies. They are hilarious. The different culture and morale provides more than enough humorous situations.

4199000 I probaby won't have time for a good long while, since I find myself busy 24/7, but considering I do engineering IRL, and love it, I'd really like to take the time to check it out.

Also, I answered here so's not to clog up your story. Hi. I admin here. Welcome to the show.

Hello I am AMoustache. And I like potatoes and video games in that order.

My favorite Pony is probs Fluttershy because I can relate to her quiet shyness.

And I got into this fandom through a friend so yes, I was converted by the magic of friendship, and tend to read Comedy fics and the odd epic adventure fix. I rarely read fix s with unnecessary amounts of gore however gore won't turn me away from a fic. Anyway hello and I hope maybe I can work with some of you in the future

Hey guys! I'm WindyTheWarrior, but I go by Windy a lot.
My favorite pony is Fluttershy. She's adorable, but I like her fierce side a lot.
I got into this fandom by seeing a lot of internet stuff on it, watching some of the show again, and then my obsessive side kicked in. Since then ("then" being about a year or so ago) I have been brainstorming OCs and stories, which I love to do. In fact, I was already reading in kindergarten - when no one had taught me. I naturally became a lover of all things writing as a child, and the MLP universe is so versatile I couldn't resist!
I am just starting my teen years. I am a girl, and my limited viewpoint makes it hard for me to step outside of my comfort zone, so I write mostly teenage girls. I know, not so great, but I'm trying to get my feet wet at least.
I'm pretty accepting about characters and stories, but it takes some action to get me interested. My favorite stories so far are Project Sunflower by Hoopy McGee and Fallout: Equestria: Pink Eyes by mimezinga. So yeah, I need some darkness (not much, though; just a nice brain-twister) and action, and I like personal journeys. Most of my OCs, in fact, are pretty bad besides the fact that they all develop a lot and have their share of darkness. One of my most unfortunately-authored ones, Violet, is a five year old who, since the main characters are stuck in a time loop, can remember all of her thousands of prior deaths. Her deaths are even worse, but I shall spare the squeamish the details because I am COMPLETELY PSYCHOTIC when coming up with darkness.
My favorite movie right now is Big Hero 6, but I haven't seen much compared to a lot of people. Favorite song is "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day, and I like a similar one, "Wonderwall" by Oasis, because I heard my mom playing it while reading a Pokémon manga (Gingi's rescue team) and now I associate it with Pokémon. Besides, that song is freaking epic.
Well that's me. I look forward to my time here.

'Sup, Lost Marbles here.

I'll tell you how I got into fanfiction, it's quite a story.

I was living in a foreign country and I've been a fan of pony for about a year by that time. Well, I was having a bit of money problems because of taxes (mostly my fault. I didn't realize that I had to file taxes myself and my employer didn't do it for me. Completely wiped out my emergency fund) and exploitative employers (be very careful who you join when teaching English abroad. I barely made enough to get by each month.).

Well, Valentines Day 2014, I'm walking home from a pizza place a few blocks away from my apartment. There was record breaking snow that day. Well, one step out of the pizza place's front door and I slip on some ice, my left leg flies out from underneath me, and when I hit the ground, I hear (and feel) a very loud POP above my ankle.

I'm terrified I may have broken my leg.

The pizza ladies, being the wonderful people they were, called an ambulance. The ambulance people take me not to the red cross hospital one block away, but to the hospital in the next town over (because of reasons I don't remember).

In that hospital I am stuck for four days. I don't have friends who can bring me things, I can't walk, I can't have anything brought from home. All I had was the clothes on my back and whatever was in my pockets. The snow was so bad, that even if I did have friends, they wouldn't have been able to bring me anything until two days later after much of the snow was taken care of (over two feet of it accumulated around the hospital).

Things were looking pretty grim. The hospital was woefully understaffed, no supplies were being brought in because of the weather, and I was all alone, stuck on the top floor with a bunch of dementia-ridden old people who cried and moaned all night long.

All I had really to pass the time was my cell phone (an Andriod smart phone that used up power like how I use to eat sushi)

Well, after watching "Filly Vanilli" on youtube and my phone died, I realized that I couldn't be watching videos constantly if I wanted to make it out with my sanity intact.

Well, a kind nurse let me use her charger, and I just browsed the internet. Then I remembered some of the brony videos I watched that talked about fanfictions. At the time, I had a very stereotypical view of how stupid fan fics were, but I had few options and I've already exhausted whatever reading websites I knew of, so I tried to find "Shipping and Delivery" that the brony talked about.

I didn't find it at first, but my first fic was a very lite Derpy-Big Mac shipping. It was cute and inoffensive. So I did a bit more digging and found "Shipping and Handling." I read it all in a day.

Then I found "University Days."

Then I read "University Days" again.

Then I read a couple more I can't seem to remember.

Then I stumbled upon the Winning-verse and gobbled it up.

If you haven't noticed it by now, I became hooked.

I created an account and started reading at least one fic a day. I would favorite those I liked (even a little bit) so I could remember them.

I began to download fics in huge amounts and put them on an incredibly cheap ebook reader and read them whenever I had time at work. When I got home, I'd eat something quick and then get back to reading.

That was how I really got into fan fics. Because I had very few other options and after I started, it became an escape from the severe depression I had for quite a while after the "Valentine's Day Incident."

Well, I'm back in my home country with a new job, better pay, more stability, and a renewed vigor on life.

Several months ago, the urge to create overpowered my urge to consume, so now I have tried my hand at writing and I have been having a blast.

And that is how I ended up here.

tl;dr
I got injured and started reading in the hospital (just like Rainbow Dash):pinkiegasp:

ehm.. hi?

XD I'm not really good in self-introductions, but I will made an effort:

You can see my nick, but you can call me simply Gaze.

My favourite pony from the mane 6 is Pinkie, why? because I love randomness, madness, and all crazy things, and Pinkie fulfills with that. Others could be Cheese, Lyra, and for weird circumstances, Luna.

How I ended here? well, I was seeing a video from X youtuber, and in his outro sounded a song, I liked and I searched the name: "Discord", and I ended in the channel of Mr. The Living Tombstone. After other 10 (or so) 'brony' songs, I decided to give a chance to the show, I chose a random episode, I liked it, and... well, you know, I saw all the seasons, the movies, and a big etc in youtube. I arrived to fimfiction from the song "Who I'am" of DrDycer, so the first thing that I read here was Past Sins, deal with it!. That started 2 years ago, I started in fimfiction the past October, and that is basically why I'm here now.

I usually give a try to everything, but my favourite genres to read are Comedy, Slice of life and, of course, Random.

Finish things: I hear a lot of music, tons of music, I heard music practically every conscious moment of my day (and some subconscious), I like the rain, and I'm good with mathematics and logical things.

So your main language is not English? Can I ask which is?

My mother tongue is german. :twilightsmile:

So I can't help with that... :c

It's just that I was in the same situation (about writing in english) some months ago, but my main languaje is spanish XD (I still have some grammar errors anyway... :twilightsheepish:)

Thanks for the concern. I have to admit, that it is a challenge, but I have read so many stories in english, played so many games in english and had so many english lessons, that I'm completely fine with writing. :twilightsmile:

German is closer to english than spanish. Spanish is kind of like french from the grammar and therefore a whole lot different than english, so that I can imagine that it must be a huge effort to get it right. I can understand that, since I'm learning french and have a lot of problems too.

Hello. Name's Frost. Been writing for the past couple of months and known as a guy with a lot of ideas in his head. I'm glad to be a part of the group.

1: Vinyl Scratch, Pinkie Pie
2: A friend of mine/Fallout Equestria
3: Action/Crossover/Comedy

Oh wow, I totally forgot to introduce myself, when I join back, I think like a week ago. Anyway.......

Hi, here I am known Gryphonstar5678, and on Youtube I am known as Lighttone Gryphstar.

My Favorite Pony: It is a Tie, Between Twilight, and Rarity, as there I love their characters. However if I were to go by choose from my favorite Ships, then it would Rarity.

My Favorite Character of the entire show: Spike (So with Spike being my Favorite you can easily figure out what my favorite ship is. Sparity)

What pull me into MLP, well that was my niece, she loves the show. And one day she wanted me to record equestria girls for her, and well I had nothing to watch at the time. So I sat down and watched it, ten minutes later I was instantly hooked, and I have been a fan ever since. However I did not writing stories until I ran into one of ObabScribbler videos, after watching a few of them I decide to start write my own fanfics. If you want to know anymore about me then go this link.

My favorite Fanfic to read is 'Til Sunday Do Us Part, which has Rarity fake a marriage with Spike, to get into a Club. I won't give too much away, let just say it is good laugh, whether your a Sparity Fan or not. If you want to know of any others I love to read over and over, then go to this Link.

Hello, I am Jongoji245, both here, Deviantart, and Youtube.

My Favorite Pony: Possibly any of the Apples. They seem to be the kind of people I could easily talk to if they existed. But to be more specific, it would have to be Applejack.

What got me into MLP: As John De Lancie himself would put it, I am a moderate Brony. It first started while my sister and cousin were watching the show while I was in earshot. Later on I saw on Behind the Voice Actors website that some of the voice actors from Transformers: Beast Wars/Beast Machines were in the show. It came out of the closet when my brother and the same cousin saw me watching the episode "Boast Busters." It then kickstarted from there, even making size charts incorporating Applebloom, Fluttershy, Big Mac, and Celestia in comparison to a person (The Land Before Time Size Chart in particular got very famous). I first started writing fan fiction on Deviantart before incorporating them here.

My favorite fic, or at least one of my favorites, has to be "Bride of Discord" after I began watching it on Youtube.

4168753 Nova Arc; fun-loving goofball with more plans in his head for his future than he really knows what to do with.:derpytongue2: <<~~ I use this emote quite a lot as it tends to describe me very often.:rainbowlaugh:

My fave pony is Pinkie Pie, becasue she's sort of like the part of me that most people don't get to see (in other words, the real me). Fave princess is Trollestia, but Luna is a close second, fave background would be Vinyl Scratch (again, a part of me; the part that LOVES music).

Hello, everyone. I am Morgan. I'm an author who writes stories on the side, and in my spare time I have the occasional hobby of noveling.

My favorite pony is Fluttershy, followed closely by Twilight and Rainbow Dash. The reason is fairly straightforward: I can more closely relate to them than any other characters on the show (but Fluttershy is my SINGLE favorite pony mainly because she'd be my waifu if I was into that sort of thing).

I got into MLP:FiM because I saw what a huge and passionate fanbase it has, despite the ungodly amount of shit that bronies get from the outside world all the time, and decided that there's got to be something about it that wins its undying loyalty from its fans. And I was right; it has some of THE best characters I've ever seen (and this is from someone who spends every waking moment he isn't writing on reading, watching movies, and gaming).

I ask only two things from my media: to be entertained and to be challenged. Write me a compelling story that makes me ask questions about myself, and I will never ask for anything more. That goes double if the story is lengthy (other people see a chore in doorstoppers; I see a freshly-prepared thanksgiving feast). As a writer, my philosophy is short and sweet: ask yourself, "What do I want to read?" and then write that. In my case, that means that I write to please both my inner fourteen-year-old pro gamer as well as my inner eighty-year-old stuffy liberal critic. In other words, I am a hardcore genre writer with a strong literary bent.

My ultimate ambition is to write a novel that is the apotheosis of human artistic achievement. A slightly less ambitious but no less ridiculous desire of mine is to write a fic that is the apotheosis of all MLP:FiM fan works.

It would probably also do me good if someone would take a needle and poke a hole in my star-sized ego to deflate it. :twilightblush:

Hello everyone, I come from Fanfiction before I found out about this site, and I am enjoying it here so far and would like to have more feedback on my stories that I write and just make more brony/pegasister friends. My first oc was Electric Flare whom I made on the pony rp site and when I was told she was too powerful I then made Midnight Star and Emma Flower and started watching the show to understand the verse and fell in love with it.

Hi! Name's Flash Notion, at least that's what I go by online. Notion, meaning idea, and Flash, as in 'flash of inspiration'. I consider myself a fairly creative individual; I try to take 2+2 and make it equal 5, if that makes sense.

I got into the show via Transformers- I read about how the most recent show at the time, Transformers: Prime, had a lot of similar plot points to MLP, and that got me intrigued; then I was searching YouTube for Transformers-related Death Battles and I found Rainbow Dash vs Starscream. Rainbow won, of course, and I decided the series might be worth checking out. Now, here I am!

My favorite pony is Pinkie Pie; I'm kind of a down-in-the-dumps individual, and I like Pinkie's cheeriness. She always manages to make me at least giggle. My least favorite pony is Applejack. It's hard to explain why, but... They say a good friend would bail you out of jail at 3 am, and a best friend would be in the cell with you. Applejack seems like the friend who'd call the cops just so you'd learn a lesson.

I don't read as much as I used to, which probably explains why I'm having a hard time writing lately, but I tend to read either comedy or adventure type stories; I can tolerate darkness and drama in small doses, and when done well, but too much sends me into a depressive state, so I avoid stories like that (usually). However, I'm capable of channeling that darkness into my own writing, so...

This group looks promising, I hope good things come of my time here!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46