Starlight Glimmer 1,539 members · 2,901 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

This doesn’t have anything to do with the last thread I made, but...has anyone ever planned on doing a Straight Shipping of Starlight Glimmer X OC?

I myself have tried looking for some. However, all I could really find were ones where she’s in love with either Sunburst or Spike. All others just seem to be lesbian shippings between her and Trixie or her and Twilight, which I don’t read.

So, what do you guys think? Interested? Want to see it happen based on it not being done very often?

Jondor #2 · Oct 9th, 2018 · · 19 ·

Maybe you should try having better taste.

I've written a Starlight x Fluttershy fic.

straight shipping? :pinkiesick:

When it comes to straight shipping Starlight, that is a HELL NO. Hell I write Cadence as a lesbian so that should let you know about my opinion on straight shipping Starlight. Unless that OC is a mare, no on the OC. Straight shipping is boring as hell anyway....too 1950s for my liking.

Now I did write a couple of fics where Sunburst had a crush on Starlight but Fluttershy killed him in one and Trixie killed him in the other.

Agreed.

Straight shipping? Straight shipping for Starlight Glimmer is downright repulsive. I agree with Jondor, you need better taste.

What I see here is downright repulsive if y'all ask me and you all need better taste. Yes, he's been spamming the threads, but he's asking a simple question and all you three are doing is bullying him for that and not actually saying yes, maybe it's possible to ship Starlight with someone other than a mare.

Ignore these three assholes, ship Starlight with whoever you want. Hell, I'd like to see it done. With the proper writer, pretty much any ship can be pulled off.

Thank you for the kind words. And I’m glad that you were able to actually answer the question instead of doing what those other three are doing.

To the three that are insulting this person over something as silly as shipping? Is your fandom really really that toxic that you guys will turn around and insult someone that is willing to just ask a simple question? So is it really true that the brony fandom is just full of people that want to whine and complain?

Maybe tell me otherwise and then I will not be so harsh even though I don't consider what I am saying harsh and hurtful. Just it's a simple question about shipping. Now I used to be part of the shipping craze when Digimon was a thing. But that was when I was young now I am old enough not to care.

So maybe give this guy advice or explain why it is silly to you? Maybe do it in a kind respectful way? Now I am here because well I read this and I felt maybe I should say something. Now I am not going to insult or be childish how about you three talk to respectfully to this guy. Tell him your reasons why you don't like the idea.

As for me I will bluntly say the idea of shipping is bit stupid to me now. I am not part of your fandom but I do respect the fandom enough to post this.

Now I understand the view of you three. Male starlight how would that work? How would she work as a strange female that used to take cutiemarks away and then give her to a female that she tried to destroy the life of. OH perish the thought that someone wishes to do it another way. Now to me.. Starlight like in one of my stories was turned into a cyborg because of her sins. Oh the awful thought of shipping it is wrong on many levels because she is eeevil.

Thank you.

Now I did write a couple of fics where Sunburst had a crush on Starlight but Fluttershy killed him in one and Trixie killed him in the other.

Dude, you officially disturb me, I actually read one of those fics and it sickened me with the outright bigotry displayed there.

If you ask me, all you guys are doing right now is just being heterophobic.

Yes, may not know you but I really couldn't stand seeing a fellow author get dogpiled like this, especially from Jondor who's actually a MOD in the Sunset Shimmer group.

I agree with Mr Autumnlayer.

Ship whoever you please. Who knows. You might make a great story with an uncommon ship:raritywink:

Trust me, bud. Go for it. You’ve got a right to ship anyone with anyone; regardless of who they are. Don’t let people’s opinions of your ships drag you down. After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Ship whoever you darn well please. Like most here have said, we're at the point now where uncommon ships stand to make a good impression so shoot for them stars!
As for you three... What you're doing here is not only bullying but downright heterophobic. All you want is lesbian Starlight fics? Turn over a pebble and there's about thirty of them to be found. Not interested in mf ships with Starlight? I got a very simple solution for you: don't read it. Don't for a second think you can sit there and tell someone they need "better tastes" or that they're not allowed to do an mf ship with Starlight or anypony else for that matter.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

This doesn’t have anything to do with the last thread I made, but...has anyone ever planned on doing a Straight Shipping of Starlight Glimmer X OC?

There are plenty of straight ships of Starlight x OC on this site. In fact, I've written one myself, but it's M rated and the OC is a human, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be your cup of tea judging by your bio.

As for you three, I know you have your own opinions, and you're certainly entitled to them, but it could be argued that you're bending rule four a bit by piling onto this guy.

4. Be cordial, respectful, and tolerate.
Disrespectful behaviour may earn you a temporary, or even permanent ban.

Just play nice. If you can't, then just don't reply.

My only problem with OC ships in general is that my first assumption is it's a self-insert wish fulfillment. Ship the imaginary pony girl with whoever you want, just make sure you're writing a good story.

Those and anon pairings seem to be the wish fulfillment ones. Although a pony OC seems to be more accepted than the anon or the infamous self-insert, which is literally a wish fulfillment. The self-inserts are ones I tend to avoid.

Jondor #17 · Oct 9th, 2018 · · 19 ·

And you're being homophobic. So we're even

BikerPon3
Group Admin

Dude, I already warned you. Stop, or I'll be forced to swing that dusty old ban hammer sitting in the corner.

Thread locked.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18