The Stardust Series 257 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Seeing as what I type here will show up in the feed for everyone following the activity of this forum, I will not be inserting anything spoiler-related so that people will have to actively enter and read this thread if they are wanting to spoil themselves over everything.

Standard forum rules are still in effect, and that's pretty much the rules behind what is to be expected in this thread. That means one should note that everything in XCOM 2 is subject to discussion here. If you have not completed the game, there is possibility that end-game spoilers will be conversed upon when brought up. Tread carefully or wait until you are at a stage where you are comfortable in doing so.

Things I learned from XCOM 2:

1. Being the apex of human evolution does not exempt you from blaster bombs. Or car explosions.

Behold, the greatest failure of the Ethereal Ones.

2. You can avoid getting poisoned, splashed with acid, and catching fire by standing still and holding your breath.

Out of the Viper and into the frying pan. This was just one turn after the above, by the way.

3. When parking your Sectopod by the jamming beacon, don't leave the keys in the ignition. :trollestia:

This was turn 2. From a real time perspective, the Avenger basically hit the ground, bounced and was off again.

If there's one complaint I had about the sectopods, it was the lack of missiles, and the fact that by the time you meet them it's so easy to lock them down so they rarely do anything cool before exploding. I hope higher difficulties change that.

Also: Dat sequel hook. I am so excited already.

What does that cliffhanger mean?

Are we going to get a terror of the deep sequel?

Or has "what lies ahead" finally come?

5036827 Blaster Bomb + Kill Zone = Death

How to eliminate entire groups of enemies in one turn:
Step 1: Identify and mark targets
Step 2: Set up kill zones
Step 3: Launch Blaster Bomb

Step 4: Grab any loot that drops

Great way to get that "Now Am I Become Death" achievement for those looking to get that one^

I controlled a SectoPod only once, but I managed to use it to help my lone operative escape a facility while another squad of advent troopers (Lancer, Officer, and shield bearer) and a SectoPod chased her down. On my pod's last turn, I turned on its doom beam and had my operative run for exfil. All the enemy troops were then blown away just as the SectoPod stopped getting hacked. A great escape.

I'm also quite jealous of your success in your avenger defense. Mine didn't exactly go well...

Pretty much 99% of my forces were wounded just trying to get back to the bloody ramp. The endless reinforcements started to be too much for my overwatch fireteam, and I had to drag an unconscious trooper in the middle of five lancers. Fun times though.

I don't know. As you're winning they yell that "it will chase you as it chased us", which is even more ominous.

And it really does look like a setup for a terror in the deep sequel.

5037545 Unfortunately, Imgur image linking has been blacklisted on FIMFiction.

5037570 Who knows, maybe they're just talking about the onset of mortality they were facing even as psi gods (due to their bodies' rapid muscular atrophy).
I was more concerned to discover that LITERAL TIBERIUM has started growing on Earth. We just got finished with one alien invasion, dangit!

KANE LIVES

5037615 Really? Dang I didn't know that. I'll have to look into a different means of sharing images then.
I'll try going linking it directly through my steam screenshot library and see if that works.

Just updated my image links to be going directly from my Steam screenshots. Hopefully now it should show up for you all as I didn't realize it wasn't working until told so.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the last level's almost immediate difficulty spike in the last area?
I struggled in that last place even when I pretty much went through the previous guys in the rooms before with no injuries. Fighting off the endless enemy hordes and first two avatars were pretty challenging and fun until the game decided to throw over five codex units at me with squads of mutons during the third.
I pretty much ended the game with a desperate serial sniping spree while all my units were surrounded in the end. When I mean "surrounded", it meant a few squads of Andromeda, Mutons, Faceless Ones, and the Avatar pretty much one turn away from murdering my units horribly.

You can work around it for existing image embeds by copying the image url and opening it in a new tab, and doing a url link to the imgur page that contains the image instead of an image embed linked directly to the jpg, png, etc should work. Imgur just blacklisted direct embeds from fimfiction, I believe.

5042278 I think I'll just stick to the Steam screenshot method since it'll be more of a chore to work with the work-around one IMO. Thanks for sharing that though. The images I put up are working as they are supposed to right? It's hard for me to tell since it seems like it only shows up for the person who posted it when it doesn't work.

New to this group, but saw this thread and had to join in. X2 is probably one of my favourite games at the moment and I've had my fair share of excellent moments. No screenshots because I'm silly, but oh well. I'll just recount my tales to you.
My worst mission was by far one I did in an early failed campaign. Had most of my main team wounded the mission before, so I was running with my backup team. Ended up losing all members except one because of a muton spawn camping under the cliff my squad landed on. I managed to take out everything and have one grenadier and a new sniper I had. Central was screaming at me to abort, but I'm too stubborn. I walked forwards a bit and found the last two aliens. Both were vipers. My sniper got bound up straight away and I knew that I wouldn't survive another turn, so I had to sacrifice him to a grenade. My grenadier survived and the mission was successful. I rage quit thoroughly after that.
Best mission I did was my first encounter with a sectopod. It was the Forge Facility mission. Walked up from drop zone, met sectopod, killed it in one turn and got the achievement. Got across the bridges, killed everything in my way, got to the last room which was filled with codexes. My personal character who was a grenadier with the Serial extra perk got me the 'I am become death' achieve by killing every codex and their clones. Got out with one injured and every last alien slaughtered.
X2 is so much more fun than EU. Concealment, walking through walls and hacking enemies to take control.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12